The Manchester United Thread

Just for fun, I did some maths. At the end of that five year contract, Rooney will be sitting on roughly ?78mil before taxes. Not bad for kicking a ball around.

Just for fun, I did some maths. At the end of that five year contract, Rooney will be sitting on roughly ?78mil before taxes. Not bad for kicking a ball around.

?43ish mil after taxes, not including living costs. Not bad at all.

So it started.

Rooney has signed a 5?-year contract worth the same ?250,000 a week as his outgoing deal, which was due to expire in June 2015.

But while the contract has now been signed, Telegraph Sport understands that negotiations between United and the player’s representative, Paul Stretford, are ongoing over the 28-year-old potentially tapping into the club’s hugely-successful global sales team to boost his earning power from his own personal sponsorship deals.

Such an agreement would see Rooney, who has deals with Nike and Samsung, maximise his individual earning potential with United’s commercial staff working on his behalf to secure lucrative endorsements across the globe.

United will continue to benefit from Rooney’s image rights, with the player contributing to the club’s commercial programme as before, but such an agreement would be the first of its kind in the Premier League and one which it is anticipated would take the England international’s earnings beyond ?300,000 a week.

The appeal to the Rooney camp of United’s in-house commercial team pursuing deals for the player is borne out by the world-record ?53 million-a-year shirt sponsorship contract agreed with Chevrolet and overall commercial income last season amounting to ?363 million.

Wayne Rooney ready to go global with Manchester United after agreeing long-term contract worth ?300,000 a week - Telegraph

So let say Rooney gets 20 goals a season for the net 5 year. We will be paying him 780 000 pound per goal.

De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney, Januzaj; van Persie.

That front 4 finally starting together <3

Call me crazy, but I'm more exited to see Fellaini in starting lineup.

All joking aside, that United midfield's going to get a workout today. Jedi and Ledley are terrific players in the centre, hard working, battling all rounders, and Ol' Tone has gone for it in attack. Puncheon and Ince are both players in fine form, and Murray and Chamakh start together from the off for the first time ever. There's a lot of pace and trickery on the wings and height, power and hard workers in the centre. It's massive that you all have Vidic and Ferdinand as the CB partnership today: Evans and Jones are - comparatively, since they're still very good against them - weak against tall, powerful forwards.

On the other hand, if we switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Ince playing off Murray/Chamakh, Vidic and Ferdinand are NOT going to enjoy playing against him.

EDIT: That United attack is kinda terrifying, but we've got more or less our first choice defence. Jules is being a tank as well, and our structure is good, so I'm more interesting in the other end of the pitch. We're probably going to get smashed, but hey, we're a ******* hard to beat team at the mo.

Last edited:
Just watch him dominate the midfield.

If he plays like he has been this season all he'll be dominating is the bench after about 60 minutes. :D

Seriously though, I have a funny feeling he'll play well. If only to prove me wrong.

Not at all confident of win which is strange as we are playing our best possible line up.

If he plays like he has been this season all he'll be dominating is the bench after about 60 minutes. :D

Seriously though, I have a funny feeling he'll play well. If only to prove me wrong.

It's about ****** time he play well.

This is called Lucas syndrome, the longer player misses with Injury better the player he will become. Same thing happened with Fletcher, Hargreaves, Ando, Cleverley.

Hey, now, it can be both!

United are ***** AND Pulis is a magician. He's single handedly made us into one of those ​teams that nobody wants to face.

Probably because Pulis has reputation of having pitch size of a match box and big strong guys on every position along with good set piece takers.

This is called Lucas syndrome, the longer player misses with Injury better the player he will become. Same thing happened with Fletcher, Hargreaves, Ando, Cleverley.

That explains why Keiron Dyer is the greatest player England has ever produced!

Probably because Pulis has reputation of having pitch size of a match box and big strong guys on every position along with good set piece takers.

That might hold up if we had a small pitch and massive guys at every position!

Back