The Manchester United Thread

By default, this is kind of a game Kagawa would impact massively. But he had those kind of games and he usually was mediocre. He'll probably get some time against Olympiacos, but I'm afraid he's at the bottom of the midfield chain.

I think he has started in every champions league games except one and finished most of them. So maybe Moyes prefer him in CL.

Definitely. The midfield battle was pretty competitive today, but Fellaini stood out. One of the best players on the pitch offensively and defensively. Helped that he was getting forward a little more, he seems more comfortable doing that.

Yeah, it was good performance. Maybe he is finally fit and recovered from his back injury. He didn't back out from 50-50s and played box to box role which was pleasing to watch.

We started the game with Malouda, Kalou and Bosingwa and ended the game with Torres

Yes and? Malouda is a WC runner-up and Torres is WC and double Euro winner. What are you even attempting to compare.

You must have been smoking too much of Mourinho's "we are underdog" cigar.

Yes and? Malouda is a WC runner-up and Torres is WC and double Euro winner. What are you even attempting to compare.

You must have been smoking too much of Mourinho's "we are underdog" cigar.

Oh because being a WC runner-up automatically makes you a world-class player ...

JywIVQu.jpg

So, some ****** media is saying United has agreed deal with Gundogan for 25 mil.

Chelsea weren't favorites to win their CL but lets be honest, they can't compare to the Liverpool side of 2005. Djimi Traore though!

And Moyes probably thought he'd win a few fans over with that dig at Liverpool. It's probably a more accurate reading then people think. That season Liverpool finished 5th. ;)

Chelsea weren't favorites to win their CL but lets be honest, they can't compare to the Liverpool side of 2005. Djimi Traore though!

And Moyes probably thought he'd win a few fans over with that dig at Liverpool. It's probably a more accurate reading then people think. That season Liverpool finished 5th. ;)

And Chelsea finished 6th ;)

Anyways this is off-topic ... Would be happy to continue in the Chelsea or Pool thread :P

And Chelsea finished 6th ;)

Anyways this is off-topic ... Would be happy to continue in the Chelsea or Pool thread :P

Don't know what that's got to do with my comment on moyesy's comparison. You keep on pretending that you were only predicted a mid-table finish this season.

"It isn’t always the best teams that get to the final in Europe. Liverpool in 2005 gives us hope."

Go on Moyesy.

Checking the likely teams for QFs.

Barca, PSG, Bayern, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, ManUtd, Chelsea and Madrid.

IMO we are the worst among the 8 teams and any team would tear us apart. Best draw would involve either Atletico Madrid or Dortmund and both will win easily against us.

I don't think it's a dig, just a ray of hope and is smashed by the quality teams in the QFs.

Checking the likely teams for QFs.

Barca, PSG, Bayern, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, ManUtd, Chelsea and Madrid.

IMO we are the worst among the 8 teams and any team would tear us apart. Best draw would involve either Atletico Madrid or Dortmund and both will win easily against us.

That's the spirit guy!

Dortmund may not even make to QF with how much injury troubles they have, Atletico is defenitely within reach, PSG is kind of a wild card still, Barca is off form...

Dortmund may not even make to QF with how much injury troubles they have, Atletico is defenitely within reach, PSG is kind of a wild card still, Barca is off form...

Would fancy us against Dortmund with their current state, possibly Atletico. Chelsea, v tough but doable. Barca, Bayern, Madrid would paste us, at their grounds.

This assumes we keep up recent improvements. And we have been considerably better in Europe this season

I think we should concentrate on Olympiakos first... give them the respect they deserve, it won't be a stroll in the park.

Ok we've beat Crystal Palace but that's 1 good performance in a **** of a long time.

Don't know what that's got to do with my comment on moyesy's comparison. You keep on pretending that you were only predicted a mid-table finish this season.

Huh? No I was just backing up my argument on why Chelsea and not Pool' are the worst team to win the CL

I think we should concentrate on Olympiakos first... give them the respect they deserve, it won't be a stroll in the park.

Ok we've beat Crystal Palace but that's 1 good performance in a **** of a long time.

No one is saying they are a walkover, but we should have enough. Minimum is to go back to OT with a Score draw, a 2-1 loss would be poor but not a complete disaster

Back