The Manchester United Thread

Giggsy rolling back the years once again. Remind us what crossing really looks like and generally passing well.

But we still gave a very limited team a lot of space and ability to make chances. A slightly better team (or a team with slightly better forwards) would have punished us.

The side was shattered I think. They were not limited on the counter. Not at all.

Now I am :D lol

Something was said/done though. Performance was vastly superior to the previous dirge, and it's this sort of performance that can kick start a bit of a run. They badly needed a confidence boost

Whoops. My editing skills are as good as always lol

Or a Di Matteo, Rafael Benitez, Strama who all done well after taking over mid season.

Not sure what's so hard to understand. We are ****** and we have nothing to play for. If at all board wants to sack Moyes then it doesn't matter if we do it now or at the end of the season as we are out of everything.

If at all Van Gaal is available then we can let some staff or Giggsy to take over till the end of the season and Van Gaal can plan for the squad much earlier.
Ah, you didn't understand my point. Point is, not all great players become great managers ;)

Good that we qualified, now the dreaded draw. All the 7 teams would be praying to draw against ManUtd. Not sure what's the draw I would be happy with.

Sherwood's not that great, despite actually giving Adebayor a chance (which was a no brainer) he hasn't really done that well. I know it's off topic but still, annoys me how much people have praised him when he's yet to really do a lot.
Agreed. But for purpose of my point, I was saying he was great.

Ah, you didn't understand my point. Point is, not all great players become great managers ;)

Oh.. I thought it something else. Yeah I agree with that. I just said Giggs as he has done coaching badges and was with the club more than any person left at the club.

Good that we qualified, now the dreaded draw. All the 7 teams would be praying to draw against ManUtd. Not sure what's the draw I would be happy with.
I would like Real Madrid or Bayern. Just for lolz when we knock them out.

or not.

Oh.. I thought it something else. Yeah I agree with that. I just said Giggs as he has done coaching badges and was with the club more than any person left at the club.
Yea, in theory that sounds great. I would love to see G.Neville even more.

I would like Real Madrid or Bayern. Just for lolz when we knock them out.

or not.

Clever white text. I would say we at least have a decent chance of causing an upset against Madrid but against Bayern we wouldn't even get 15-20% possession, so we can just forget about playing any striker.

Clever white text. I would say we at least have a decent chance of causing an upset against Madrid but against Bayern we wouldn't even get 15-20% possession, so we can just forget about playing any striker.
C'mon, you must be excited of the bare thought of playing Fellaini up front.

Sherwood's not that great, despite actually giving Adebayor a chance (which was a no brainer) he hasn't really done that well. I know it's off topic but still, annoys me how much people have praised him when he's yet to really do a lot.

We weren't ****, we just had a poor squad. As a United fan I thought you'd know the difference.

Also the fact you actually want your team to lose is pretty disgraceful.. Although, it probably comes down to the fact you're expecting to lose therefore you think if you say "I hope we lose because X,Y,Z" it will make you feel better. How sad.

1. Sherwood is far worse than AVB. No comparison.
2. Yes you were ****. The whole season. Including Istanbul 1st half.
3. I dont necessarily WANT my team to lose. Well, I think we' ll ultimately lose (we are already losing?) more by having Moyes as a manager next season as well. Plus we have lost top 4 plus I want YOU PEOPLE not to win the EPL. EVER AGAIN if possible. I really dont understand why you cant see the argument.
4. I was deffo not expecting to lose to OLYMPIACOS and Im not expecting to lose to W Ham either. ****** is another thing entirely but ive explained my thinking. I DONT WANT US TO LOSE. BUT I WANT MOYES OUT ASAP AND IF THATS what it takes (and with the top 4 lost it wont cost much to do so) ...

Anyway wtf am I doing explaining myself to an LFC fan??!

Really? I feel Madrid are the toughest team to face in CL this season. Arsenal didn't look all that bad against Bayern at Emirates until the sending off.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm actually hoping to at least draw one of the Tiki Taka teams if it has to be a difficult draw.

Good on you guys for reaching Quarters, I guess. I feel your best chance would be against PSG or injury plagued BvB. *I feel*, no logical reason. Counter attacking sides (I know Dortmund, but all the injuries) can exploit that midfield.

Really? I feel Madrid are the toughest team to face in CL this season. Arsenal didn't look all that bad against Bayern at Emirates until the sending off.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm actually hoping to at least draw one of the Tiki Taka teams if it has to be a difficult draw.

Good on you guys for reaching Quarters, I guess. I feel your best chance would be against PSG or injury plagued BvB. *I feel*, no logical reason. Counter attacking sides (I know Dortmund, but all the injuries) can exploit that midfield.

I rate Bayern as the best team in the world so chances of progressing against Madrid is higher than against Bayern. We will get knocked out against both though but the chances would be bit higher against Madrid. Against Bayern we won't even touch the ball and Kroos, Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Muller, Gotze, Ribery, Robben against us. Just pick anyone from that midfield and they won't give the ball at all.

I don't think we will fare any better against PSG. IMO our best chance would be Dortmund, Chelsea, Atletico.

I rate Bayern as the best team in the world so chances of progressing against Madrid is higher than against Bayern. We will get knocked out against both though but the chances would be bit higher against Madrid. Against Bayern we won't even touch the ball and Kroos, Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Muller, Gotze, Ribery, Robben against us. Just pick anyone from that midfield and they won't give the ball at all.

I don't think we will fare any better against PSG. IMO our best chance would be Dortmund, Chelsea, Atletico.

I think a match up against Chelsea will definitely make you feel closer to Semis than against any of other opponents, I guess.

Simply for the reason that, IF Chelsea win, it'll be a low scoring win. Park the bus at OT and win at home.

**** we could've literally destroyed Galatasaray at home last night, 5-0, but missing chances has been a theme this season (and in past two).

Would like an English match-up in QFs. Less traveling is added bonus.

Back