The Manchester United Thread

Tbf Subtle, no one was bringing this up over the least 2 years on that thread, until Jose did. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

If there is any way to go back to any specific time in threads beyond manually searching pages, I will happily go and dig it up. I remember having countless conversations when AVB arrived about Mata drifting inside and how it was unbalancing our formation. There was some absurd stat that Alc I believe brought up about us conceding the most crosses in a league game to some really mediocre, bottom half club and it turned into a full blown discussion about it. That carried on until Di Matteo came in, then died down a little.

A few thoughts on the CL draw:

1. Yes its the holders and perhaps the best team in Europe but I actually think they suit us more than REAL M (who for me was the one to avoid) and BARCELONA.
2. Its two cup games. Anything can happen in cup games. Ive been saying all season that our squad is much better than what Moyes made it look so if the players forget about him or whatever and realise its their chance for real glory then we have a good chance (though Id ve obviously preferred the first match to be away.
3. Its a win win situation for Moyes. If we get dumped out it will be to Bayern, if we qualify it will be against Bayern.
4. We are talking about a manager who has never beaten a top team away in his life ...

It doesn't. I'm United fan, and I don't hate LFC. I hate Milan and Hernan Crespo though.
I never really understood why people think that hating rivals makes them a better fan. I'm a Liverpool fan and I respect United and Everton, even though I don't exactly like them.

Mate you are in a very small minority there ...

I freely admit that I absolutely loathe LFC to the point that sometimes them losing gives me more satisfaction than us winning.

Incidentally the teams I hate are (in order of hate):

LFC
REAL MADRID
ARSENAL (Cos of WENGER who I really really find annoying, to put it mildly)
****** (obviously)
LEEDS (but since they ve found their level in the middle reaches of the Champo Im not that bothered by them).

Only English team I have a bit of a soft spot for is SPURS.
You enjoy seeing a rival losing more than your own team winning? Wow. You should probably stop posting in this thread, since you're sounding more and more plastic by the second. First you say you want United to lose so Moyes can be sacked, now you say you enjoy a rival's failure more than your own team's success - these things aren't exactly the hallmarks of a great fan.

I never really understood why people think that hating rivals makes them a better fan. I'm a Liverpool fan and I respect United and Everton, even though I don't exactly like them.
That's probably healthy thinking, but what do I know...

Van Persie out for 4-6 weeks

Maybe the only position where we can cope with the loss of world class player.

It's time to test Rooney and Mata combination or Welbeck as lone striker with Rooney, Mata, Januzaj/Kagawa/Nani behind.

I never really understood why people think that hating rivals makes them a better fan.

I never claimed Im a better fan than anybody actually. All I did was claim two "facts":

1. I hate LFC.
2. Most people who support Man Utd hate LFC (and I believe the same applies vice versa).

Maybe the only position where we can cope with the loss of world class player.

It's time to test Rooney and Mata combination or Welbeck as lone striker with Rooney, Mata, Januzaj/Kagawa/Nani behind.

Wasn't there an article or something where it was suggested that without RVP man utd play better? Obviously he's a big loss after what he did on Wednesday, but maybe this could be a good thing for Man Utd.

Brace yourselves everyone! Carrick and Buttner in the back 4, woooo.

Brace yourselves everyone! Carrick and Buttner in the back 4, woooo.

Moyes trying to outthink Pep. Fellaini and Carrick will intercahnge positions during the game, never seen that before.

Back