The Manchester United Thread

Did I really just witness that??? :D The bend on the ball totally threw the keeper off.
Amazing stuff.

I hate rugby teams. No football IQ, just physicality and hustle.

Just seen that goal and it sums up why I love that guy so much. Never expect anything-he's so talented, he's great at producing the unexpected. Just a sublime goal

Just seen that goal and it sums up why I love that guy so much. Never expect anything-he's so talented, he's great at producing the unexpected. Just a sublime goal
That's his best asset, doing unexpected things and being versatile. Too bad he never developed 'technique on the ball'. Imagine Rooney with RVPs control <3

Rafael can play LB, right? Jones/Smalling at RB? There's no way Buttner will start against Bayern.

Buttner wont play, I hope. We should play a deep 4-3-3 with 4 defenders, one DM, two CM's, No AM's, LW, PW, ST.
GK: David De Gea
LB: Johnny Evans
LCB: Nemanja Vidic
RCB: Phil Jones
RB: Rafael Da Silva
DM: Marouane Fellaini
RCM: Micheal Carrick
LCM: Jaun Mata (Free Roamer)
LW: Adnan Januzaj/Ryan Giggs
RW: Antonio Valencia/Nani
ST: Wayne Rooney

-Since RVP is injured for 6 weeks then we'll need to change tactics and bring Wayne into his natural Striker role

And no, Rafael seems convincingly uncomfortable when I've seen him LB, although he's not been there for a while

Last edited:
Buttner wont play, I hope. We should play a deep 4-3-3 with 4 defenders, one DM, two CM's, No AM's, LW, PW, ST.

-Since RVP is injured for 6 weeks then we'll need to change tactics and bring Wayne into his natural Striker role

And no, Rafael seems convincingly uncomfortable when I've seen him LB, although he's not been there for a while

difficult to to see mata starting against bayern really..........

At least you tried.

Fellaini should play in Box to box role. DM is a more disciplined role to play in. It needs silent guys who play for the team, like Chelsea have Mikel. (Matic is more aggressive and takes more risks).

I totally forgot Evans can play at left back, tbh.

Watching goals like this kills any fantasies all of us may have about " I should have played football more when I was a kid instead of going to school, now l would be millionaire".

The goal itself is one thing, but how quick his decision was to try and take that chance, is almost unhuman.

Watching goals like this kills any fantasies all of us may have about " I should have played football more when I was a kid instead of going to school, now l would be millionaire".

The goal itself is one thing, but how quick his decision was to try and take that chance, is almost unhuman.

Yeah mind was blown. People underestimate greatly just how intelligent a footballer can be. You have to decide in a split second what you're going to do in the top flight. Well, in pretty much any league tbh

I see no problem with Buttner at LB, he plays no worse than someone unsuited for the role will, and the experience will help him. Would love to see a winger moved there rather than a CB though. Giggs maybe? he's suited to the left, a lot more defensive these days. Who knows, but Buttner would work.

Why not go attacking against Bayern? they won't expect it, and at least we go out fighting (with a small chance of winning) Going defensive will lead to humiliation and we all know it.

I say go for a 4-2-3-1 with Carrick and Fellaini in CM. Mata in Cam. Rooney up front. Nani and Januzaj on the wings. Just go for it.

Woah....Evans against Robben? Big no for me, I'd rather have Buttner start, please.

And neither Januzaj nor Giggs will start (at least Giggs won't play on the wings), Rafinha might not be Lahm but there's no way we can win if we try to play with wingers.

Buttner had a good game tbh, he was very good defenesively and played very restricted role. Looks like Moyes just wanted him to play that role to see how he does and play against Bayern.

The point of back up player is to play when the first team player is not available, not sure why whole back line should be shifted instead of just playing Buttner and asking him not to bomb forward .

Oh and again without RVP we played some fantastic stuff, pace, tempo, counter attacking was so good to watch.

Probs we go for

De Gea
Rafel, Jones, Vidic, B?ttner
Fellaini, Carrick, Kagawa
Valencia, Januzaj, Rooney

Or Welbeck instead of 1 Valencia/Januzaj, depending on their form prior the game or a chance if Nani have miracle form already by the time.

Probs we go for

De Gea
Rafel, Jones, Vidic, B?ttner
Fellaini, Carrick, Kagawa
Valencia, Januzaj, Rooney

Or Welbeck instead of 1 Valencia/Januzaj, depending on their form prior the game or a chance if Nani have miracle form already by the time.

We'd be the happiest people on earth if Nani can obtain "miracle form" a week and a half before the match, not having played for 3 months....

And neither Januzaj nor Giggs will start (at least Giggs won't play on the wings), Rafinha might not be Lahm but there's no way we can win if we try to play with wingers.

My mancrush on Giggs has almost no limits, but Bayern's midfield would eat him alive. Lets hope Moyes isn't crazy enough to actually try and start him.

Back