The Manchester United Thread

So looks like only 5th and 6th place will get Europa, how many of you wants us to qualify for Europa?

I know it's kind of impacts the league form but I for one would love to see ManUtd playing in Europe. I want to watch as many games as possible and the best way is to play midweek games. Also it would be good chance to play few youngsters.

It's better than those supposed mid-season friendlies that would just have a negative impact on the league campaign.
It'd provide a better chance for Hernandez and Henriquez to play and don't forget that Bebe still plays for us....

Last edited:
Anyone else see the article about Welbeck and Cleverley enjoying a night out after the "heartbreak"?

Yep, young players like Powell (who has already done well in Europa), Lingard, Keane, Wilson, Janko, Varela can play some part in it which would help their progress much much better than playing in U21 leagues.

Then again , not playing in Europe will allow Moyes to be much more agressive in rebuilding the squad that not only needs quality, but trimming down the fat and wage structure.

Then again , not playing in Europe will allow Moyes to be much more agressive in rebuilding the squad that not only needs quality, but trimming down the fat and wage structure.

Anderon - Around 70-80K
Fabio - 20-30K
Macheda - Around 10K
Tunicliffe and Cole - Around 10k
Evra - 100-110 K
Rio Ferdinand - 120K
Giggs - around 80K
Vidic - Around 100K
Nani/Young/Valencia one of them might leave so that's around 80-90 K
Hernandez - 80K

That's around 680K per week. Without these players our squad would be

GK: De Gea, Lindegaard. It's fine and one of the best in the league.
RB: Rafael, Varela, Jones. Yes Jones is worst case scenario. We might need one more RB if Varela doesn't step up.
LB: Buttner. We need 1 more LB for sure.
CB: Jones, Smalling, Evans. Need one more CB as they are injury prone. Have to see how Keane progress.

Attacking band: Nani, Kagawa, Januzaj, Mata, Valencia or Young. That's good enough as Rooney drops as AM and Welbeck as LW.

CM: Carrick, Fellaini, Fletcher, CLeverley. Maybe we need 2 CMs or 1 depending on Powell and if Cleverley leaves then add 40K more to wages saved.

Strikers: Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Henriquez.

So we need a RB, LB, CB 2 CMs and I'm sure we will end up with wages saved after signing 4 players and if we continue play 1 striker and sell RVP then we will end up saving wages even after improving squad.

Also we don't need to trim wages as Chevrolet deal is worth almost twice as AON deal and Nike or other Kit makers are paying triple the sum they are paying now.

Anderon - Around 70-80K
Fabio - 20-30K
Macheda - Around 10K
Tunicliffe and Cole - Around 10k
Evra - 100-110 K
Rio Ferdinand - 120K
Giggs - around 80K
Vidic - Around 100K
Nani/Young/Valencia one of them might leave so that's around 80-90 K
Hernandez - 80K

That's around 680K per week. Without these players our squad would be

GK: De Gea, Lindegaard. It's fine and one of the best in the league.
RB: Rafael, Varela, Jones. Yes Jones is worst case scenario. We might need one more RB if Varela doesn't step up.
LB: Buttner. We need 1 more LB for sure.
CB: Jones, Smalling, Evans. Need one more CB as they are injury prone. Have to see how Keane progress.

Attacking band: Nani, Kagawa, Januzaj, Mata, Valencia or Young. That's good enough as Rooney drops as AM and Welbeck as LW.

CM: Carrick, Fellaini, Fletcher, CLeverley. Maybe we need 2 CMs or 1 depending on Powell and if Cleverley leaves then add 40K more to wages saved.

Strikers: Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Henriquez.

So we need a RB, LB, CB 2 CMs and I'm sure we will end up with wages saved after signing 4 players and if we continue play 1 striker and sell RVP then we will end up saving wages even after improving squad.

Yeah I think I would sell RVP rather then Hernandez. Also either Rio or Giggs need to stay for one more year, losing all of your vets in one window is never a good idea.

Either way as long you're playing only in Prem, United can easily offload all that deadwood you listed and still have plenty of depth, for Europa League it might not be enough.

Also we don't need to trim wages

That's what they thought in Milan and look what happened. From aging superpower to battling for relegation within 3-4 years.

Yeah I think I would sell RVP rather then Hernandez. Also either Rio or Giggs need to stay for one more year, losing all of your vets in one window is never a good idea.

Either way as long you're playing only in Prem Uniterd can easily offload all that deadwood you listed and still have plenty of depth, for Europa League it might not be enough.

I think Rio and Giggs are as good as gone.

That's what they thought in Milan and look what happened. From aging superpower to battling for relegation within 3-4 years.

No, Milan were always in negative and in loss but their owner covered it up but once he stopped covering up they had to trim wages as they were ****** financially.

Anyone else see the article about Welbeck and Cleverley enjoying a night out after the "heartbreak"?

I thought it was customary for players to have a little celebration after the season ends :P

Well that's a scary thought. When FM 2015 comes out, for the first time since forever United may not be the best team for long-term saves. :P

Actually, if that happens, I'll finally be able to complete a LT save with my team. Otherwise, usually, after 2 seasons, I get bored as ****, because we are the best team by a long margin in the world.

Actually, if that happens, I'll finally be able to complete a LT save with my team. Otherwise, usually, after 2 seasons, I get bored as ****, because we are the best team by a long margin in the world.

Actually, I don't think that will be the case. There'll be no Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra or Giggs and depending on the transfer window, I think only a few fringe players will have their abilities reduced (Cleverley and Young maybe)

Actually, I don't think that will be the case. There'll be no Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra or Giggs and depending on the transfer window, I think only a few fringe players will have their abilities reduced (Cleverley and Young maybe)
Because those 4 are all perfect tutors.

Because those 4 are all perfect tutors.

We'll still have Carrick and van Persie plus get an experienced defender in and the team will gradually change and become stronger over 10 seasons - I think it'd be perfect for a first save.

We'll still have Carrick and van Persie plus get an experienced defender in and the team will gradually change and become stronger over 10 seasons - I think it'd be perfect for a first save.
Carrick isn't the best tutor because he is slightly low in determination although RVP is a very good one. We are still a very good team to manage, but no longer as perfect as it used to be.

Back