The Manchester United Thread

Klopp: "Nobody should come calling until 2018, I'm not leaving Dortmund. When I say I'm not leaving, I mean it. I'm not like these other managers."

Klopp: "Nobody should come calling until 2018, I'm not leaving Dortmund. When I say I'm not leaving, I mean it. I'm not like these other managers."

Martin Lipton was all over the Mata story as well though....

I wouldn't claim that he isn't the right man just yet. Had lots of undermining from players, Rio leaking team, RVP etc. If we give him the sack then player power has succeeded again, I don't want that at Manchester United. There's no way this group of players should be finishing 7th no matter who the manager is. Give him money to bring in his players, build the team around Mata and Rooney and we'll see where we are in January. If its all gone **** up (anything below 5th in Jan for me is considered **** up) then we can rebuild again. Better than rushing in a new manager after 12 months who clearly was held back in his first transfer window by the suits.

Surely he is still identifying the targets though?
I think we are past the identifying targets stage on most iirc, but yes. How the money itself is spent is on Woodward and Joel Glazer.

I wouldn't claim that he isn't the right man just yet. Had lots of undermining from players, Rio leaking team, RVP etc. If we give him the sack then player power has succeeded again, I don't want that at Manchester United. There's no way this group of players should be finishing 7th no matter who the manager is. Give him money to bring in his players, build the team around Mata and Rooney and we'll see where we are in January. If its all gone **** up (anything below 5th in Jan for me is considered **** up) then we can rebuild again. Better than rushing in a new manager after 12 months who clearly was held back in his first transfer window by the suits.

I think you'll find Moyes criticism hasn't come because of not winning. It's because the tactics (or lack of)/performances (suppose players are to blame somewhat for that) and obviously some of the things he has said to the media has been absolutely stupid.

Then other circumstances like Welbeck caught on the streets at 3 (whatever time) in the morning... stuff like this which would never happen under Fergie or a Mourinho... etc etc.

I think you'll find Moyes criticism hasn't come because of not winning. It's because the tactics (or lack of)/performances (suppose players are to blame somewhat for that) and obviously some of the things he has said to the media has been absolutely stupid.

Then other circumstances like Welbeck caught on the streets at 3 (whatever time) in the morning... stuff like this which would never happen under Fergie or a Mourinho... etc
etc.
Umm it has happened under Ferguson? Loads of times, I fined Rooney and Evans not too long ago.

Surely he is still identifying the targets though?

He had Thiago and Fabregas at the top of his list. And his most important priority (apart from midfield) was to ease the tension between the club and Rooney. It's not his fault that he didn't get his preferred targets.

Umm it has happened under Ferguson? Loads of times, I fined Rooney and Evans not too long ago.

Was Evans/Rooney injured at the time so out of contention anyway? Just a guess.

But however you look at it, doesn't exactly send out good signals for a manager who is under MASSIVE scrutiny.

Plus, Rooney has been off the field nothing but a pain for United, everyone knows that.

Even if it's mellowed now, they were one of our fiercest rivals at one point. Whereas I actually quite like Everton as a club. Their fans have also spent all season being ridiculously smug, so for them to crash out of the top 4 would be beautiful.

The one season I would have loved to see Everton make top four directly affects us. Alas.

Was Evans/Rooney injured at the time so out of contention anyway? Just a guess.

But however you look at it, doesn't exactly send out good signals for a manager who is under MASSIVE scrutiny.

Plus, Rooney has been off the field nothing but a pain for United, everyone knows that.

Nope, all were fit. It's something from nothing. He fined Gibson before he left too.

The one season I would have loved to see Everton make top four directly affects us. Alas.

Hopefully, they can tie down players like Barkley, Stones and Coleman and get the proper reinforcements for the players on loan....otherwise it's going to be very embarrassing in the Champions League (4th seeds, they'd probably get teams like Bayern and Juventus in their group)

Chances of Barkley going to Utd or any other club are extremely slim. Even Liverpool has been mentioned in SSN-allegedly prepared to offer ?38 million which is just.....no. Barkley absolutely adores Everton and all rumours of him being linked with various clubs, have been pretty much laughed off

Anyone see about CITY getting a possible transfer ban for 2 seasons next week if found guilty of an investigation under FFP?

Liverpool fans deface memorial bridge
-------------------------
A Dublin bridge dedicated to Munich air disaster victim Liam Billy Whelan which had been defaced with graffiti was cleaned up.
Members of the local community placed different team jerseys including Manchester United, Liverpool and Sunderland on the bridge to show their support and respect to Whelan.
Volunteers from Bohemians Football club began the clean up before getting help from Dublin City council.
The Irishman was one of the eight Manchester United players killed in 1958 when a plane crashed after a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade.
Whelan subsequently had a bridge in the Phibsborough area of Dublin dedicated to him, with fans stopping to pay their respects over the years.
Responding to the vandalism of the Liam Whelan Bridge, Fianna Fail local election candidate, Paul Anthony Ward, said: "This morning at 8:15am it was heartening to see that the Council had cleaned the vandalism overnight and that members of the Cabra local community placed jerseys on the bridge to show their support."
An image uploaded on Monday showed the defacement, reading "Munich B******".
The term LFC was also written on the wall.

View attachment 394674

Liverpool fans deface memorial bridge
-------------------------
A Dublin bridge dedicated to Munich air disaster victim Liam Billy Whelan which had been defaced with graffiti was cleaned up.
Members of the local community placed different team jerseys including Manchester United, Liverpool and Sunderland on the bridge to show their support and respect to Whelan.
Volunteers from Bohemians Football club began the clean up before getting help from Dublin City council.
The Irishman was one of the eight Manchester United players killed in 1958 when a plane crashed after a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade.
Whelan subsequently had a bridge in the Phibsborough area of Dublin dedicated to him, with fans stopping to pay their respects over the years.
Responding to the vandalism of the Liam Whelan Bridge, Fianna Fail local election candidate, Paul Anthony Ward, said: "This morning at 8:15am it was heartening to see that the Council had cleaned the vandalism overnight and that members of the Cabra local community placed jerseys on the bridge to show their support."
An image uploaded on Monday showed the defacement, reading "Munich B******".
The term LFC was also written on the wall.

View attachment 555927
Fecking Cnuts! Disgraceful and so tasteless, don't know how anyone could find this funny. Lot of low lifes out there!

Back