The Manchester United Thread

Anyone see about CITY getting a possible transfer ban for 2 seasons next week if found guilty of an investigation under FFP?

I thought teams were only banned from European competition or deducted points - because Barca's ban is down to them signing youngsters against FIFA rules.

Anyone see about CITY getting a possible transfer ban for 2 seasons next week if found guilty of an investigation under FFP?

UEFA cant do that, the punishments are...

• warning
  • reprimand
  • fine
  • deduction of points
  • withholding of revenues from a UEFA competition
  • prohibition on registering new players in UEFA competitions
  • restriction on the number of players that a club may register for participation in UEFA competitions
  • disqualification from competitions in progress and/or exclusion from future competitions
  • withdrawal of a title or award

There are 20 teams out of the 56 still being investigated, its only the Eithad sponsorship deal holding us up.. same with PSG and the Qatar airways sponsorship deal. They'll both most likely get a fine at this point.

Last edited:
Liverpool fans deface memorial bridge
-------------------------
A Dublin bridge dedicated to Munich air disaster victim Liam Billy Whelan which had been defaced with graffiti was cleaned up.
Members of the local community placed different team jerseys including Manchester United, Liverpool and Sunderland on the bridge to show their support and respect to Whelan.
Volunteers from Bohemians Football club began the clean up before getting help from Dublin City council.
The Irishman was one of the eight Manchester United players killed in 1958 when a plane crashed after a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade.
Whelan subsequently had a bridge in the Phibsborough area of Dublin dedicated to him, with fans stopping to pay their respects over the years.
Responding to the vandalism of the Liam Whelan Bridge, Fianna Fail local election candidate, Paul Anthony Ward, said: "This morning at 8:15am it was heartening to see that the Council had cleaned the vandalism overnight and that members of the Cabra local community placed jerseys on the bridge to show their support."
An image uploaded on Monday showed the defacement, reading "Munich B******".
The term LFC was also written on the wall.

View attachment 555927

And they want justice and respect from the whole nation every year and wonder why some chose not to support it. I totally respect its not all Liverpool but when so many incidents like this happen i'm afraid it goes against all of them, sickening.

UEFA cant do that, the punishments are...

• warning
  • reprimand
  • fine
  • deduction of points
  • withholding of revenues from a UEFA competition
  • prohibition on registering new players in UEFA competitions
  • restriction on the number of players that a club may register for participation in UEFA competitions
  • disqualification from competitions in progress and/or exclusion from future competitions
  • withdrawal of a title or award

There are 20 teams out of the 56 still being investigated, its only the Eithad sponsorship deal holding us up.. same with PSG and the Qatar airways sponsorship deal. They'll both most likely get a fine at this point.
Cheers mate just what I read in one of papers at work today.

And so it start, a injured player that hasn't kicked a ball this season, don't want to come to us.

It's a one year extension, his contract is up next summer. And good either way, he hasnt played in 7 months, foolhardy to sign him.

I take it that counts as him also rejecting Real Madrid and Barcelona too then?

It's a one year extension, his contract is up next summer. And good either way, he hasnt played in 7 months, foolhardy to sign him.

I take it that counts as him also rejecting Real Madrid and Barcelona too then?

Naaa Just moyes :)

Actually, that's good. Sorry, but we don't wont another Hargeaves situation. He is class player, but his injury/condition is really bad.

And they want justice and respect from the whole nation every year and wonder why some chose not to support it. I totally respect its not all Liverpool but when so many incidents like this happen i'm afraid it goes against all of them, sickening.
Admittedly, many Liverpool fans are vile when it comes to United and the Munich Air Disaster, but I think we should commemorate all these tragedies in football, no matter what a small section of scum supporters do. United fans mock Hillsborough; Liverpool fans Munich; Chelsea fans apparently did **** salutes in Paris and Arsenal fans (if I recall correctly) were anti-Semitic in a North London derby a while back, so you can see almost every club has it's minority of scum. I wouldn't say this would justify people not being behind the JFT96 campaign, but I can somewhat understand it.

I favorite some right random **** without even realising it sometimes. Just because of where my thumb lands when I scroll

Back