The Manchester United Thread

Some good news and (in my opinion) bad news....

Good news is that Rooney might be fit for Everton game....bad news is that the share price could have risen due to United ready to agree world-record kit deal.
Why is kit deal bad news?

In addition to Rooney being passed fit for Everton on Sunday is that Rafael, Fellaini and Evans might too. That would leave just Van Persie remaining.

People will call me mad :) but I would rather give Smalling and Jones a chance and buy somebody young with quality like Ginter and more gettable and would only be about 12-15m. Could be a chance for Reus I reckon they might try to get more for him now before his release clause it active next season 2015 I think, plus cant see Dortmund challenging Bayern any time soon. I would like a pacey winger ala Bale,Navas type .

Jones and Evans have had season-breaking injuries this season;; With that in mind, we'd be better of probably with a WC CB, than a developing one, considering we won't have Vidic or Ferdinand next season.. As for pacy wingers, I'd absolutely love it if Lucas Moura came over here, but I highly doubt that will happen..;; Such a shame really - Had Nani been consistent, then we'd have a pacy winger on the right, and an Advanced Playmaker type like Januzaj cutting in from the left;; That'd have been pretty good..

Jones and Evans have had season-breaking injuries this season;; With that in mind, we'd be better of probably with a WC CB, than a developing one, considering we won't have Vidic or Ferdinand next season.. As for pacy wingers, I'd absolutely love it if Lucas Moura came over here, but I highly doubt that will happen..;; Such a shame really - Had Nani been consistent, then we'd have a pacy winger on the right, and an Advanced Playmaker type like Januzaj cutting in from the left;; That'd have been pretty good..
Just think a world class CB is not a priority and would cost huge sums of money which should be spent on a LB am CMs.

Just think a world class CB is not a priority and would cost huge sums of money which should be spent on a LB am CMs.

Considering how injury prone our CBs are, if we are going with 4 CBs + Keane, then we need a quality CB

Ricky Rodriguez, LB from Wolfsburg. Maybe some of you remember him from last FM, he was amazing. No one else is needed. That guys is perfect and would cost two, three times less then Luke Shaw.

Boss considers Wilson bow

David Moyes has hinted he may hand James Wilson a senior debut before the end of the season after circumstances dictated that he was unable to make his bow at Newcastle United.
The 18-year-old striker was on the bench at St James' Park but Ashley Young and Marouane Fellaini were injured and that affected the manager's tactical plans. After returning to Under-21 duty but being withdrawn due to an injury himself on Thursday night against Norwich City, Wilson will hope for another chance to link up with the first team in the remaining games.
"If the opportunity had been right at Newcastle, I'd have tried to get him some minutes on the pitch," revealed Moyes to MUTV. "As it was, we lost a couple of people in the game to injury so we had to make substitutions and we couldn't get to a position to give him some minutes. He's done well in the Reserves and earned an opportunity.
"I think he's got a good chance, the boy, and we want to keep him right but keep moving him up and progressing him when we think the opportunities are there.
"If the opportunity comes [before the end of the season], we'll do so but we have a lot of people looking for a game."

David Moyes: James Wilson has earned opportunity - Official Manchester United Website

Would be fantastic if he get few mins this season. Only disappointing thing in the Newcastle game was Wilson not getting any mins, if he can get few mins against Norwich, Sunderland or Hull as they are at OT then it would be fantastic not only for Wilson but also for all the young lads in U21.

I'm struggling to think of realistic options of signing a good creative CM that fits United and it's really a struggle. Admittedly Rakitic has been mentioned but he's an odd character, never know what he would want.

Apart from him... really struggling.... don't see how it's any easier in summer than it was in January, with World-Cup approaching it's arguably tougher because I'm sure many clubs are thinking of getting the business done early.

Personally don't get the Carvalho links either, I mean... it's like admitting Fellaini was a total fail. (Which he most probably was).

Edit: Obviously there is Herrera but Bilbao most likely back in Champions League now, it will be a lot harder to persuade him I think.

Slim chance of Pjanic... but it is slim.

Last edited:
Lots out there will they want to come? I don't know! But I don't see why not if we buy the right players and right quality im sure there a players who don't mind missing CL and being in Europa league for a season.

Hamsik,Kroos,Rakitic,Koke,Pogba,Kovacic,Verratti,Pjanic,Badelj,Herrara to name a few or could go slightly younger Saul Ninguez,Oliver Torres,Maximillian Arnold. Would like to see Powell given a good shot next season with Rothwell and Pearson given some minites especially after seeing how well they played against Tottenham reserves featuring a number of 1st team players.

Did anyone else read the story of the kid from Kolkata who was offered a trial by United? Hate the way the English media are portraying him, they're not giving him a chance.

I'm struggling to think of realistic options of signing a good creative CM that fits United and it's really a struggle. Admittedly Rakitic has been mentioned but he's an odd character, never know what he would want.

Apart from him... really struggling.... don't see how it's any easier in summer than it was in January, with World-Cup approaching it's arguably tougher because I'm sure many clubs are thinking of getting the business done early.

Personally don't get the Carvalho links either, I mean... it's like admitting Fellaini was a total fail. (Which he most probably was).

Edit: Obviously there is Herrera but Bilbao most likely back in Champions League now, it will be a lot harder to persuade him I think.

I probably was biggest anti-Rakitic guy on the forum, but his performances this season were world class. Yes, he's was idiot, maybe he still is, but I wouldn't mind getting him. 15m release clause is really low for such player.

Carvalho and Fellaini only have similarities on the paper. They are both big, strong and people see them as destroyers. While Carvalho is primary destroyer, Fellaini isn't. He's weird footballer to say at least. I would describe him as false ten (lolwut). He operates best when he's given the freedom to lurk behind the striker.

Did anyone else read the story of the kid from Kolkata who was offered a trial by United? Hate the way the English media are portraying him, they're not giving him a chance.

why what are thay saying?

Pjanic is going to PSG, with either for 40m+ or a swap deal with Pastore + cash.

Danny Welbeck is considering his future at Manchester United after becoming dismayed at his lack of opportunity as a striker under David Moyes and unsure of his relationship with the manager.

Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are two clubs interested in signing Welbeck whose pedigree as a Premier League winner and established international make him an attractive target in the close season.

Welbeck is aware of the interest and is weighing up his options as he is intent on ensuring his career does not stall under Moyes.

Welbeck will have two years left on his current contract in the summer, the usual juncture when fresh terms would be offered to him. Now the 23-year-old, who currently earns around ?70,000 a-week, may decide against signing on once more.

Welbeck has scored 10 times in 32 appearances for the club during the campaign and is frustrated at his limited chances as a forward, with Moyes often playing him in a wide position.

Moyes has caused bemusement on occasion during what has been an unsuccessful first season in charge. In mid-December, Moyes claimed that he had been forced to instruct Welbeck to stay behind for extra training, telling him to follow Wayne Rooney's example.

The Scot said: "I've got to say we had a word with him about a month ago and we said that he needs to be the last off the training field. Wayne's out there practising his finishing each day, whether it's taking free-kicks, shooting from tight angles or bending them in, whatever it may be, Wayne's practising. I said: 'Danny, you need to be out there every day finishing, even if it's 15 minutes at the end.'"

Welbeck questioned Moyes's claim, saying a few days later: "I have been doing that ever since I have been at United. Obviously I have been injured this season so maybe the manager has not seen me on the training pitch as much."

Last week Moyes disciplined Welbeck, along with Tom Cleverley and Ashley Young, for a night out in Manchester following the Champions League exit to Bayern Munich.

While United had no game for 10 days before Sunday's trip to Everton and the manager had given his squad three days off, Cleverley, Welbeck and Young are thought to have contravened stipulations that they should not be out late within 48 hours of the tie.

Moyes's decision was not received well, and if Welbeck was to leave it would be a significant blow to the manager's hopes of restoring United to serious title challengers next season. Welbeck is a lifelong United fan, who is from the city, and his unhappiness signals further disgruntlement within the squad.

In January The Guardian reported that some senior players were uncertain of Moyes's credentials and with United well outside a Champions League berth the questions remain.

Nemanja Vidic, the captain, has already announced he will depart in the summer with the futures of Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra also in the balance.

Javier Hern?ndez, Shinji Kagawa, Darren Fletcher, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Alexander B?ttner and Ryan Giggs are other members of Moyes's squad whose futures are also in doubt.

Danny Welbeck considering his future at Manchester United | Football | theguardian.com

If he lets Welbz go, he deserves to be sacked.

Back