The Manchester United Thread

******* rekt.

People lambasting Moyes for rotation need to get their head checked.

Indeed, people need to work out what they are actually annoyed about

"Moyes isnt getting the best from his starting line ups" Valid point
"Moyes as played 51 different teams, wtf?" Invalid point

Indeed, people need to work out what they are actually annoyed about

"Moyes isnt getting the best from his starting line ups" Valid point
"Moyes as played 51 different teams, wtf?" Invalid point

Wait... no that links to each other when you think about it. If Fergie keeps rotating teams but keeps getting the best out of the different players and winning games ultimately of course no one is going to judge him for it.

But if Moyes isn't even getting the best out of a starting 11 then the rotation of course comes into question because why would you keep on changing a first 11 if you can't get any consistency with a set of players. No doubt some of the changes have been cos of injuries but still... definitely questions can be asked.

Wait... no that links to each other when you think about it. If Fergie keeps rotating teams but keeps getting the best out of the different players and winning games ultimately of course no one is going to judge him for it.

But if Moyes isn't even getting the best out of a starting 11 then the rotation of course comes into question because why would you keep on changing a first 11 if you can't get any consistency with a set of players. No doubt some of the changes have been cos of injuries but still... definitely questions can be asked.

They dont really link, Ferguson got the best out of them, Moyes isn't. The real issue is that rotation or not, he cant get the most out of whatever he starts. We started what most considered our best team, minus a few injuries.

You're trying to innately assume rotation is a bad thing, and that's where the argument falls apart.

They dont really link, Ferguson got the best out of them, Moyes isn't. The real issue is that rotation or not, he cant get the most out of whatever he starts. We started what most considered our best team, minus a few injuries.

You're trying to innately assume rotation is a bad thing, and that's where the argument falls apart.

I would argue with even yesterdays starting 11. You're playing against Coleman and Baines and who does he start to help support our weak full-back's, Mata and Nani. Also playing Jones as CB and Smalling RB made no sense to me whatsoever.

I'm sorry but his rotation and team-selections all kind of marry together and they have definitely been questionable on numerous occasions this season.

I would argue with even yesterdays starting 11. You're playing against Coleman and Baines and who does he start to help support our weak full-back's, Mata and Nani. Also playing Jones as CB and Smalling RB made no sense to me whatsoever.

I'm sorry but his rotation and team-selections all kind of marry together and they have definitely been questionable on numerous occasions this season.

Incorrect. Ferguson played the exact same kinds of team before. How many "questionable" teams did Ferguson put out? and win?

He once fielded SEVEN defenders against arsenal in a 4-4-2. He won 2-1.

Umm Jones and Smalling played like that under Ferguson.

All this line-up lacks is a real solid LB and CB and a quality CM.

A ?27million player on the bench... Fellaini is such a waste of money.

Thats YOUR own quote from yesterday. you're arguing in hindsight, because you were quite happy with the side at the time.

Incorrect. Ferguson played the exact same kinds of team before. How many "questionable" teams did Ferguson put out? and win?

He once fielded SEVEN defenders against arsenal in a 4-4-2. He won 2-1.

Umm Jones and Smalling played like that under Ferguson.

Why do you keep comparing back to Fergie's reign? Smalling sucks as a RB and is really good CB, less mistake-prone than Jones. Jones would of been better as RB.

But at the end of the day Fergie usually won and Moyes doesn't... stop relating back to old times please... they have gone... Fergie was a winner and it hasn't really answered anything by saying "Fergie done X, Y or Z".

My point is his team-selections and rotation is definitely arguable.

Why do you keep comparing back to Fergie's reign? Smalling sucks as a RB and is really good CB, less mistake-prone than Jones. Jones would of been better as RB.

But at the end of the day Fergie usually won and Moyes doesn't... stop relating back to old times please... they have gone... Fergie was a winner and it hasn't really answered anything by saying "Fergie done X, Y or Z".

My point is his team-selections and rotation is definitely arguable.

Because you are complaining about something you never complained about under Ferguson, so its double standards.

Ferguson won because he got the best from his game plans and selections, your argument really doesnt work. Which is why you are quick to dismiss my point.

You cant even see the flaw. Jones needs to be playing at Centre back so he can improve at centre back, as that is going to be his long term position.

The problem wasnt selection but execution. The "dodgy" full backs you mention, were barely tested, we actually got smacked on the counter once because Rooney gave the ball away, and Jones gave away a pen for handball

Back