The Manchester United Thread

Another awesome weekend:

1. Limp performance by DM. Two puny shots on goal all match no difference in approach to all other matches under him.
2. Beaten by another team in so called transition (hold on my sides have just split) and by a manager who only took one season to prove how limited DM is.
3. And LFC moved one step closer to winning the league which on top of being annoying in and of itself will make it so much more difficult for us to "come back" next season.

**** on earth.

You know the only good thing about this weekend? Whether we won or lost, we were pushing ourselves towards a Europa League place.....if that's even a positive.

And the so-called Everton fans who booed Moyes and Rooney, it's not because Martinez has pushed their club to a new level (that of Arsenal, at least for a season), it's because Moyes has brought United down to their level.

Last edited:
Interesting point though, is Rooney one of the main problems? When he plays as a striker he always comes deep and it's then up to other players in the team to stretch the defence. But then when he plays no.10 he's keeping Kagawa and Mata away from that spot.

Can't help myself but think we should of moved on without Rooney. But honestly, I might be talking nonsense and Moyes has deluded me into any normality.

Not saying Rooney is the cause of everything, but something I'm thinking.

Both RVP and Rooney don't seem to be working as strikers as good as one might expect.

Best partnership so far this season was Rooney as no. 10 with Welbeck upfront and Mata as no. 10 with Hernandez upfront. First pair has energy and workrate coming out of their ears and the second is pretty much a classic setup with Chicharito getting into strikery position and Mata feeding him passes.

I guess when team struggles, simply going back to basics solves a lot of problems.

Welbeck wanting to leave should be the final nail on the coffin. Life long ManUtd fan, youth academy player and who is more passionate than anyone in the squad about ManUtd wants to leave thanks to the manager.

If he wants to leave then I'm sure Hernandez, Kagawa, RVP wants to leave too.

Which is easier? Changing the manager who is clearly out of his depth or players who were champions last season and are quality?

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, bgcolor: #E1E4F2"]Red Issue ‏@RedIssue
As we've been reporting for two months: the players have given up on Moyes, even if the fans (generally) haven't. It's him or them.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TR]
Direct tips to RI recently of players slagging Moyes: Welbeck, Cleverley, Giggs, Van Persie, Hernandez, Rafael, Zaha, Smalling, Fletcher, Vidic, Ferdinand, Kagawa[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
[TR]
As we've been reporting for two months: the players have given up on Moyes, even if the fans (generally) haven't. It's him or them.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TR]
Direct tips to RI recently of players slagging Moyes: Welbeck, Cleverley, Giggs, Van Persie, Hernandez, Rafael, Zaha, Smalling, Fletcher, Vidic, Ferdinand, Kagawa[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Looking at this list and the players' performances this season - only 3 players are safe if Moyes stays- Rooney, De Gea and Januzaj

EDIT: I was going through their twitter feed, and I'm not happy with what they did concerning the South Korean ferry disaster (off topic, I know). The Utd PR team was just doing their job, and Red Issue's having a go at them for no reason.

Last edited:
Thing is we need to find a balance of new blood and remotivating the old ones. This team can win CL in 1-2 seasons, it just needs some wise decisions including giving Moyes the backing to get things done.

Thing is we need to find a balance of new blood and remotivating the old ones. This team can win CL in 1-2 seasons, it just needs some wise decisions including giving Moyes the backing to get things done.

Wait, what? Giving a manager who has shown nothing and I mean literally nothing this season that he is capable of managing one of the biggest clubs in world football. You think giving him more money and it will all be totally different next season or even in 2 seasons under Moyes? **** I wish I had what you were smoking.

If the players are against Moyes like some reports suggest then I don't even know how he's still in a job to be honest, well I do actually our dinosaur board still believing in tradition or the Glazers won't pay the money to get rid of him.

Wait, what? Giving a manager who has shown nothing and I mean literally nothing this season that he is capable of managing one of the biggest clubs in world football. You think giving him more money and it will all be totally different next season or even in 2 seasons under Moyes? **** I wish I had what you were smoking.

If the players are against Moyes like some reports suggest then I don't even know how he's still in a job to be honest, well I do actually our dinosaur board still believing in tradition or the Glazers won't pay the money to get rid of him.

The Glazers should learn a lesson from Abramovich. The main reason he sacked AVB was that the older players were all against him, and he only made it worse by leaving them out for every game. Look at our squad - Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra and Giggs all deserved to go out as heroes but he's angered all of them (maybe not Evra) and van Persie.

On top of that, we look set to lose players who are reaching their peak - Welbeck, Hernandez and Kagawa. There is no mobility in midfield and Moyes has not won the trust of most players. I think the Everton defeat is the last straw - he couldn't even defeat the team he helped create.

Zaha you ungrateful *******.

He slags off who he wants, he slags off who he waaaaaaaants...

To be honest I'd kinda prefer if Moyes stayed and Zaha got sold off. Because hopefully it'd be to us. And then we could love him and feed him and take him for walks onto a pitch where he could destroy fools again.

The Glazers should learn a lesson from Abramovich. The main reason he sacked AVB was that the older players were all against him, and he only made it worse by leaving them out for every game. Look at our squad - Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra and Giggs all deserved to go out as heroes but he's angered all of them (maybe not Evra) and van Persie.

On top of that, we look set to lose players who are reaching their peak - Welbeck, Hernandez and Kagawa. There is no mobility in midfield and Moyes has not won the trust of most players. I think the Everton defeat is the last straw - he couldn't even defeat the team he helped create.

Not even sure about RVP to be honest... he's looked like a mardy **** when he's been on the field and has been supposedly "injured" for a lot of this season. Wouldn't surprise me if he's getting as much time away as possible with that supposed "injury".

Not even sure about RVP to be honest... he's looked like a mardy **** when he's been on the field and has been supposedly "injured" for a lot of this season. Wouldn't surprise me if he's getting as much time away as possible with that supposed "injury".

Probably been leaking club info to van Gaal...

He slags off who he wants, he slags off who he waaaaaaaants...

To be honest I'd kinda prefer if Moyes stayed and Zaha got sold off. Because hopefully it'd be to us. And then we could love him and feed him and take him for walks onto a pitch where he could destroy fools again.

Why? You guys have Bolasie who when gets going is hard to stop.

Btw we all slagged Moyes when it came to Zaha but Zaha hasn't done much since signing for Cardiff. Few reported that he started believing his own hype and stopped working hard which may or maynot be the case but at least from what he showed at Cardiff he needs a loan move before starting regularly for ManUtd.

Or maybe his confidence was shot dead when he signed for one of the greatest ever manager and ended up playing for a dull Scott who loves to play with "Don't lose" mentality.

Back