The Manchester United Thread

Must say when all the media were licking his behind when he was at Everton using the line "well look what he has done on a shoestring budget, imagine what he could do with money" i questioned that theory from the start. You get some managers who are good at certain things and maybe Moyes is just good working with a shoestring budget like the likes of Warnock and Holloway are good at getting teams promoted but no further. He will be back no doubt about that, maybe at another Merseyside club who have a shoestring budget and barely spent anything in recent years in Liverpool............. ;)

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 19m
End of the road for Moyes at #mufc: long-term, Giggs manager. Doing Pro-licence, respected by players & fans. His teams really would attack

Hmm.

More risky than giving a new manager 200m in the summer? Plus terminating Moyes contract, and all his staff... probably 250m expenditure.

Giggs would be a lot cheaper for the Glazers.

We really need to clear this up. Any manager isnt getting 200m. Club has been working on targets since january (as i said at the time, great news, unless you are David Moyes), he might pick his targets, but its the CEO who negotiates. Moyes' contract will have a break clause tbh

Are they going to let Moyes choose his successor?

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

made a big mistake by letting gill go. he had some influence on all administrative aspects in english football.

Tbh never thought they would sack him this season. But if true cant say I am dissapionted, nice bloke not the right man for us.

We really need to clear this up. Any manager isnt getting 200m. Club has been working on targets since january (as i said at the time, great news, unless you are David Moyes), he might pick his targets, but its the CEO who negotiates. Moyes' contract will have a break clause tbh

Point taken. Supposedly meeting at the moment about his future. Agree the disillusionment of Welbeck was hardly ideal, but perhaps holding off for three games wouldn't make that much difference. Let's see what becomes of him. Does Fergie sit on the board?

I dont see how Wlelbeck is the deciding factor, would he have played more through the middle for anyone else??

Point taken. Supposedly meeting at the moment about his future. Agree the disillusionment of Welbeck was hardly ideal, but perhaps holding off for three games wouldn't make that much difference. Let's see what becomes of him. Does Fergie sit on the board?
Yes mate think Fergies on the board.

Back