The Manchester United Thread

He will get next season imo. Yes things could be and should be better no doubt! But he’s done a lot of good especially rebuilding and changed the attitude and mentality of the players. There’s been improvements in our play even though inconsistent.

He’s shipped out a good amount of deadwood already and with the like of Young, Grant, Smalling, Sanchez, Rojo, Matic all looking to leave that’s nearly all the deadwood and oldies from past ***** seasons out of there in 2 summers.

Add to that the improvements some players have noticeably made under him. His signings have been good so far. And his use of the youth has been good to see and will only continue. If he gets his 2 CMs this month say Fernandes and Soumare he’s practically done a full rebuild maybe except another attacker and LB.

Not to mention a semi in the Cup, still in the FA Cup, Europa league and a good shout at top for still. Could be a good end to the campaign. If he continues his run in the cups to a good stage and gets top 5 he will 100% stay. If we fall out of all the cups early and finish outside the top 5 I think they will pull the trigger ( don’t think those things will happen though).
Rebuild is not even close. Lets say in best case Williams becomes really good and reliable and United get their first choice left back. You need someone to cover for him. I like Shaw, but his injury record is terrible. You cant rely on him. Same for RB. Dalot is still a mystery and who knows how will he develop. But even then, you need another midfielder, because Fred/McTom/Soumare and Fernandes is not enough. Maybe if Pogba stays then OK. United still needs a right winger and cover for wingers as well.

And this is all speculation under the thought that every player will come good and elevate United to a contender level.

Rebuild is not even close. Lets say in best case Williams becomes really good and reliable and United get their first choice left back. You need someone to cover for him. I like Shaw, but his injury record is terrible. You cant rely on him. Same for RB. Dalot is still a mystery and who knows how will he develop. But even then, you need another midfielder, because Fred/McTom/Soumare and Fernandes is not enough. Maybe if Pogba stays then OK. United still needs a right winger and cover for wingers as well.

And this is all speculation under the thought that every player will come good and elevate United to a contender level.
If we get a new LB then with Williams, Dalot, Laird that’s more than enough for that position exactly the same goes for RB.

Fred, Pogba, Mctominay, Soumare, Fernandes, Pereira, Gomes, Garner, TFM is again more than enough for CM.

Yes like I said we need another attacker infact 1 winger 1 STR should be bare min. So let’s be honest and this is IF we get the 2 CMs this month the rebuild won’t be that far from being done. And all in the space of 2 summers that’s good going for 7/9 years of complete ***** and squad neglect

Some of the stuff Ole has come out lately has made us look like a proper banter club and that's not even me moaning. This is genuinely some one line cliche **** that Moyes would have ridiculed for.

Regarding yesterday? A good result, but it's one game as we keep on saying, this has been our season. We make one step forward and two steps back. Considering the fixtures coming up I will say that we will drop more points in the next few games anyway.

Look. I want to be positive and say Ole is the man. He has done good things no doubt about it especially considering what Mourinho left, but it's still a failure in my eyes if you can't make top 4 this season... then when can you? Everyone else has been through a transition phase and it's been a as poor as you'll get other than the title contention spots.

Can we really just let Pochettino opportunity slide if we don't make top 4 yet again? For me WE MUST get him, Solskjaer can get another season possibly ONLY if we get top 4.

Is it true Bruno Fernandes has only got 2 goals from open play this season for Sporting? Bit worrying if so but it's just something I saw so might be total rubbish.

Is it true Bruno Fernandes has only got 2 goals from open play this season for Sporting? Bit worrying if so but it's just something I saw so might be total rubbish.
Dont think that’s right at all I know he as 13 gls and 13assists in 24 games this season

Rebuild is not even close. Lets say in best case Williams becomes really good and reliable and United get their first choice left back. You need someone to cover for him. I like Shaw, but his injury record is terrible. You cant rely on him.

Dont know if he is still but having one if not the most paid full back in the world as back up, with his contract running out 2023, sound good... Still cant imagine him getting that contract.

jb8521
@jb_8521
· 1h
Replying to @jb_8521
United knocked out after a 3-0 loss against Hannover. United set up extremely negatively knowing a draw would have put them through to the quarter finals & went 1-0 down to a penalty & then had Hoogewerf sent off after he was denied a blatant penalty for a handball.

If we get a new LB then with Williams, Dalot, Laird that’s more than enough for that position exactly the same goes for RB.

Fred, Pogba, Mctominay, Soumare, Fernandes, Pereira, Gomes, Garner, TFM is again more than enough for CM.

Yes like I said we need another attacker infact 1 winger 1 STR should be bare min. So let’s be honest and this is IF we get the 2 CMs this month the rebuild won’t be that far from being done. And all in the space of 2 summers that’s good going for 7/9 years of complete ***** and squad neglect
Ok man, real talk now. Those guys are good talents, but most of the time thats not enough. All three of those fullbacks are unproven. If one of them makes it, than thats a win in my book.
Out of those midfielders, last 4 are not proven at all. Dare I say Pereira is so inconsistent with everything that he wont be here much longer.
Rebuilding will be done when all positions are sorted. This is way from sorted. But a big improvement over the last 10 years for sure.

I'm still sceptical whether we'll sign anyone this month

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference anyway.
Club needs a rebuild and signing players for a club in this state is akin to putting a spiderman plaster on a sucking chest wound.

Ok man, real talk now. Those guys are good talents, but most of the time thats not enough. All three of those fullbacks are unproven. If one of them makes it, than thats a win in my book.
Out of those midfielders, last 4 are not proven at all. Dare I say Pereira is so inconsistent with everything that he wont be here much longer.
Rebuilding will be done when all positions are sorted. This is way from sorted. But a big improvement over the last 10 years for sure.
They don’t need to be proven the first 5 are more than enough in CM to be going forward as a club. The later 4 would be squad players given time to improve and develop. Which having watched them since 15/16 and the brief mins this season I see no reason for them not to continue on the same upward trajectory baring serious injuries. We no Pereira is very inconsistent but as possibly 6th choice transfers permitted obviously then again he’s shown enough to be just that a SQUAD player.

On the FBs. Again we agree a new LB is needed. So you have AWB and said LB starting most games. Then the others yes are talents but again especially in Williams case have shown enough that they can step up to do a good enough job as a back up to the starters. I agree time will tell but at the same time you can’t just right them off. If Williams can make the step up then Laird won’t have any problems at all. Dalot needs a run of games just like Fred and to stay fit. We can’t have a squad full of 28 top class players or 2 top class players for each position

On the FBs. Again we agree a new LB is needed. So you have AWB and said LB starting most games. Then the others yes are talents but again especially in Williams case have shown enough that they can step up to do a good enough job as a back up to the starters. I agree time will tell but at the same time you can’t just right them off. If Williams can make the step up then Laird won’t have any problems at all. Dalot needs a run of games just like Fred and to stay fit. We can’t have a squad full of 28 top class players or 2 top class players for each position

City have pretty much. And thats without what they will buy in the summer. We are one of the richest clubs in the world. Theres no reason to have a squad in the state its in.