The Manchester United Thread

10:05
Negativity within the football club?
On the training ground the mood’s still good, everyone’s down because we don’t win.
It’s understandable sometimes supporters air frustrations and the last week has been two disappointing results that has probably enhanced that feeling. But, for us, you get used to it at this club. You get used to the ups and downs and as we’ve spoken about here you’ve got to get on with it, when you do badly you know you’ve got a job to do.

Need for signings
I think our fans know what we have started on and I’ve been trusted to do that job and that rebuild doesn’t go one way all the time, it doesn’t just go we’re doing great, we’re doing great, said it so many times.

The foundation has to be laid and the culture has to be properly set and laid down and this group is a good core of players that believe in themselves and what we’re doing to carry us forward with signings and players coming back.

You need to knock the house down, you don’t just start with the roof, we’ve had some rainy days and wish that roof was on, but we can’t hide.

10:08
Why can't United spend so much money?
For me, we do have a way of doing things, you can see other teams have done well. You can see Jurgen spent four years building his team and they’re doing well now, it’s not gonna be a quick fix, and it’s not eight or 10 players in in one transfer window, we’ve had one proper transfer window and we are trying to do something now

10:09
Will you get enough time?
When you start on something you stick to that plan.
I’m not gonna change six or eight, or nine or 10 months into the job and start believing in a different way.
I’m gonna stick to what I’ve been trusted to do by the club and hopefully that’ll be good enough, that what we can see is right. All my conversations with the club have been positive.

10:10
Club needs to hold their nerve?
We can’t react to all the noise outside, there’ll always be criticism, you’ve got to take it, you’ve got to be stronger mentally.
I am, the club is, the staff are very strong mentally and we’re sticking to what we believe in and I’ve got full faith in what we’re doing.

Tranmere in the next round of the FA Cup after they beat Watford

Spirit of the FA Cup my pasty white ****.

Watford having to play Tuesday AND Thursday to fit it in before this round. With then just 2 days break before they'd have gone again. Joke.com.

Tranmere be running on adrenaline Sunday after the extra half-hour for them last night. Presume they'll just be totally resting up and recovering their level.

Solskjaer feels that six more signings are required - a full back, two central midfielders, a No 10, a striker and a winger. The club have promised him that funds are available. #mufc [James DuckerTimes]

Also says that Mctominay is ahead of ahead of schedule.

With pogba and Matic leaving, we need more than 2.

Last edited:
With pogba and Matic leaving, we need more than 2.
I honestly don’t see Pogba leaving tbh. Know one will pay what we think is his value and the club won’t take a big hit lowering the fee. Matic will likely be replaced full time by Jimmy Garner next season. Then will likely have 2 CMs come in. Leaving us with Pogba, Mctominay, Fred, Periera, Garner, TFM. Then whoever the 2 CMs are. My guess Fernandes this window and Maddison or Soumaré in the summer.

I honestly don’t see Pogba leaving tbh. Know one will pay what we think is his value and the club won’t take a big hit lowering the fee. Matic will likely be replaced full time by Jimmy Garner next season. Then will likely have 2 CMs come in. Leaving us with Pogba, Mctominay, Fred, Periera, Garner, TFM. Then whoever the 2 CMs are. My guess Fernandes this window and Maddison or Soumaré in the summer.

United clinging on to every asset is part of the reason why we're in this mess. Pogba needs to go, for his own good and ours as well. We've already kept him this season, practically done nothing for us. He clearly wants out.

United clinging on to every asset is part of the reason why we're in this mess. Pogba needs to go, for his own good and ours as well. We've already kept him this season, practically done nothing for us. He clearly wants out.
I agree but know ones gonna pay 100m + then Riola fees then his signing fee then his wages on top of that.

While I agree with the first. Don’t agree with the second. We usually let our players go cheap
Exactly they let ones who dare I say it can do a job ie Herrera (Probably the biggest mistake of the summer),and Fellini (limited yes but he had his usesl) go cheap or on a free but those they need to get rid of like Sanchez, and Lingard and dare I say it the toxic influence that is Pogba they want silly sums of money for. Why else do you think they opted for a cheap option for manager this time round rather than go for someone with a better record. They need a yes man in the cash flow end (which they have with Woody) and a weak cheap yes man as manager, no disrespect to Ole but it is becoming increasingly clear he is just not good enough. Their first huge mistake was in getting Moyes in and letting him ruin the coaching staff when Ferguson left and still haven't solved that problem. I still wonder what state the club would be in now if they had actually stuck with either Moyes (heaven forbid) or Van Gaal. Van Gaal for all his negative play managed at least to get the best out of some of the dross (he even got the best out of Smalling and Lingard).

Exactly they let ones who dare I say it can do a job ie Herrera (Probably the biggest mistake of the summer),and Fellini (limited yes but he had his usesl) go cheap or on a free but those they need to get rid of like Sanchez, and Lingard and dare I say it the toxic influence that is Pogba they want silly sums of money for. Why else do you think they opted for a cheap option for manager this time round rather than go for someone with a better record. They need a yes man in the cash flow end (which they have with Woody) and a weak cheap yes man as manager, no disrespect to Ole but it is becoming increasingly clear he is just not good enough. Their first huge mistake was in getting Moyes in and letting him ruin the coaching staff when Ferguson left and still haven't solved that problem. I still wonder what state the club would be in now if they had actually stuck with either Moyes (heaven forbid) or Van Gaal. Van Gaal for all his negative play managed at least to get the best out of some of the dross (he even got the best out of Smalling and Lingard).
I don’t get this post. Lingards not for sale so how do we want loads for him. Pogba you could easily argue he’s worth the fee. And we don’t want loads for Sanchez we just want rid and will likely go for pennies in the summer if anything at all.

Herrera was a really bad handled situation! And we all wanted Fellaini gone ASAP the problem was we didn’t replace him which is a different conversation all together.

If you want to blame anyone for Moyes blame Fergie he chose him as his successor. Wt actual F was that about. He should of had absolutely no say in that despite all he had done for us. Then like you said Moyes went full mental and cleared out nearly the whole multi championship winning experience back room staff. Well entitled to mind as he was the manager and can chose his own staff.

The clubs been a **** show for about 7 years now.

Regardless of what emotions are toward Woodward and the Glaziers, this low life **** is despicable and TOtALLY the wrong way to go around things.

That and this stupid planned walk out against Wolves is ****** disgusting. Who in all that is fecking holly thinks it’s a good idea to do a mass walk out on the anniversary of Munich and at that particular minute. Makes me ******* sick! So tasteless!

That and this stupid planned walk out against Wolves is ****** disgusting. Who in all that is fecking holly thinks it’s a good idea to do a mass walk out on the anniversary of Munich and at that particular minute. Makes me ******* sick! So tasteless!

Yer messing? On the anniversary?

They do understand the significance of that date and time right?

I just don’t know where to begin with anyone behind that.

I’d be fuming too. WTF goes through these imbeciles minds?

Yer messing? On the anniversary?

They do understand the significance of that date and time right?

I just don’t know where to begin with anyone behind that.

I’d be fuming too.
And the thing is there’s **** loads of fans that are perfectly fine with it. Honestly can’t believe!

Fine if your unhappy and want change I’m all for that but at least think about it and the significance of the date and time your thinking about doing it. Any other date/ time I would be fine with.

All this talk about it hitting the Glazers hard. Just don’t go full stop. Lining there pockets then walking out just seems anti productive to me.

Fergie, Sir Matt and the Busby Babes Must be/would be sick at this whole walk out thing. And to think fans actually think they would be proud ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Last edited:
Mel Reddy, in 11 short tweets/ thread, destroying Solksjaer’s latest grasping bollocks to save his job yesterday-

There lies the problem with us atm. If people think sacking off Ole will change anything there very naive. If people think just sacking off Woodward will change anything it’s the same case. Both need to go and the Glazers should never be heard of again.

I’m sure without Woodward we are still current big enough of a club to get someone in that can still make a shot loads of money for the Glazers.

Then employ a competent football man to implement a long term structure/vision for the club say Rangnick just for names sake as he’s a proven record. Then go out and get your Poch, Tuchel, Nainglesmann and build from there. It’s not one thing it’s multiple changes needed.

We have a good base to build from in terms of academy structure etc. And the nucleus of a good young squad.