Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

The Manchester United Thread

Reaction score
Paul Hirst in the Times saying CL won’t be the deciding factor in Sancho next move. John Cross who is good on the London clubs says Chelsea won’t be in the running after signing Ziyech and due to huge agent fees on top of the transfer.

Hirst, Castles, Robson also saying that Utd trying to sign Sancho since he was a city will is helping them being at front of the cue and talks between the 2 parties have never stopped. All say if not Utd it will likely be Madrid but that would depend on them offloading a lot of players and freeing up wages. And all the above pretty much say Werner is a huge favourite to end up at Pool despite Utds interest.

Reports in Germany saying he would want 250k a week or more in wages.
if hes even thinking about joining this shower it will be for a lot more than 250k

Reaction score
Paul Hirst in the Times saying CL won’t be the deciding factor in Sancho next move. John Cross who is good on the London clubs says Chelsea won’t be in the running after signing Ziyech and due to huge agent fees on top of the transfer.

Hirst, Castles, Robson also saying that Utd trying to sign Sancho since he was a city will is helping them being at front of the cue and talks between the 2 parties have never stopped. All say if not Utd it will likely be Madrid but that would depend on them offloading a lot of players and freeing up wages. And all the above pretty much say Werner is a huge favourite to end up at Pool despite Utds interest.

Reports in Germany saying he would want 250k a week or more in wages.
I you actually believe CL football wouldn't be of the utmost importance then I don't know what to tell you. This isn't a game of FM we're playing here.

And if it wasn't, and he went somewhere for the most money, then whatever club signing him would be signing him for all the wrong reasons.

Reaction score
I you actually believe CL football wouldn't be of the utmost importance then I don't know what to tell you. This isn't a game of FM we're playing here.

And if it wasn't, and he went somewhere for the most money, then whatever club signing him would be signing him for all the wrong reasons.
That’s what’s being reported and not just by the Mail, Mirror or tribal football etc lol. We will see anyway. But people flat out ruling him out of signing for us could be very surprised. I certainly wont

Reaction score
That’s what’s being reported and not just by the Mail, Mirror or tribal football etc lol. We will see anyway. But people flat out ruling him out of signing for us could be very surprised. I certainly wont
If the season finishes as it has to date, and there's little to suggest it won't, with Solksjaer, no CL football, coming off the worst season in the PL era for Utd, with the poorest quality Utd squad in living memory, 'surprised' wouldn't begin to cover it. There's not even a 'project' that you could hang your hat on as a player who could have his pick of most any serious club the World over regardless of another season outside of Europe's premier competition.

You'd then have to ask yourself if he was there for the right reasons and seriously start looking at the numbers.

Reaction score
Reaction score

Laurie Whitwell
✔@lauriewhitwell

Hannibal Mejbri: an example of United's recruitment process working well. He looks a real prospect + at 17 has taken part in some first-team technical training.

Needs to gain physique, but that will come.

For @TheAthleticUK Next Big Thing series: https://theathletic.com/1602512/2020/02/13/hannibal-mejbri-manchester-united/ … #MU
Can't help thinking United need to hire in a Hairdressing Coach.

Love the look of this kid from what little I have seen - except for the hair. Imagine him and Chong challenging for a header together!

Reaction score
Can't help thinking United need to hire in a Hairdressing Coach.

Love the look of this kid from what little I have seen - except for the hair. Imagine him and Chong challenging for a header together!
Lmao. Don’t think we will have to worry about that with Chong looking likely to be leaving.

Reaction score
Message to Ighalo critics

The injury to Marcus Rashford, it has to be said, we needed another forward and when we got the chance to get Odion on a loan, that was for us a goalscorer, top scorer African Cup of Nations last year, yeah he can help the club, he is a very professional player, good lad and will give something to the group.

Could he realistically feature on Monday?:
Well, it didn’t take me too long... I didn’t have a training session to come on. As a striker you get thrown on out there and it might be he’ll have to come off the bench and get us a goal and he does whatever he’s done.

Reaction score
McTominay and Pogba injury latest
Don’t think we’ll get anyone back for the Chelsea game ready.

Scotty, Axel, Tim they didn’t join too much so they are not ready to play that game. Paul is not ready, of course.

Reaction score
Pretty good watch this imo

I'm not saying he doesn't make valid points, Poch does have his flaws. But he doesn't hold Solskjaer to the same principles he does Poch. For example he's happy to judge on all of Poch's negatives however he won't judge Ole on not reaching top 4 this season and even last season. For me, the window has been clearly open twice in a row now to get top 4, it's definitely a failure if Solskjaer can't reach top 4 again.

Also I find it astounding that he says Poch didn't improve players at Spurs, he definitely did, Howson just seems to have a bit of an agenda to me. Sure if he wants Ole to stay that's fine, but at least make it a fair argument by judging them both.