The Manchester United Thread

Don’t think it’s as good as it needs to be but could be wrong. That stat could be high because there not exactly a progressive forward going team. Reports are he wants to stay at Atlético and sign a huge new deal with a massive clause. Defo won’t be going to Arsenal either way imo.

He wants a big pay day as he's in his peak now. Whether that's at Atleti or in the PL, he wants the money to reflect his current peak level. Nah I watch them a lot and trust me, he's a class act. Wins tackles, wins headers, breaks things up, very press-resistant & quality passer. Latter is actually his strongest quality which is why I'm a little surprised at your comments - he never shies away. He was probably the only Atletico midfielder that wanted to play football vs. Liverpool. Also, check out his game vs. Madrid this season - probably one of the best performances I've seen from a midfielder this season. So composed and always picking dangerous, progressive passes. I'd say the only question mark is over him is possibly his intensity because he looks quite lethargic, but it could be just his gait that gives that perception. Oozes in class

He wants a big pay day as he's in his peak now. Whether that's at Atleti or in the PL, he wants the money to reflect his current peak level. Nah I watch them a lot and trust me, he's a class act. Wins tackles, wins headers, breaks things up, very press-resistant & quality passer. Latter is actually his strongest quality which is why I'm a little surprised at your comments - he never shies away. He was probably the only Atletico midfielder that wanted to play football vs. Liverpool. Also, check out his game vs. Madrid this season - probably one of the best performances I've seen from a midfielder this season. So composed and always picking dangerous, progressive passes. I'd say the only question mark is over him is possibly his intensity because he looks quite lethargic, but it could be just his gait that gives that perception. Oozes in class
I would defo take him at Utd mate and actually like him as a player was great against Pool. Just doesn’t seem like the sort of player Ole is looking at by the looks of things. We have only really been linked with Saul, VDB, Grealish, Bellingham. 4 players that can do a bit of everything in CM but also chip in with gls and assists. I could be totally wrong just going off the Central players we seem to be linked with the most

I would defo take him at Utd mate and actually like him as a player was great against Pool. Just doesn’t seem like the sort of player Ole is looking at by the looks of things. We have only really been linked with Saul, VDB, Grealish, Bellingham. 4 players that can do a bit of everything in CM but also chip in with gls and assists. I could be totally wrong just going off the Central players we seem to be linked with the most

Yeah the rumours/links to VdB/Saul type players have confused me a little, but nothing have came of it yet so that's all they are, rumours. Think what we need is a physically rounded player who can play 8 & 6 and be able to progress from deeper zones. Soumare & Partey seem the ideal profiles. Neves ticks boxes too but a little bit lightweight.

Yeah the rumours/links to VdB/Saul type players have confused me a little, but nothing have came of it yet so that's all they are, rumours. Think what we need is a physically rounded player who can play 8 & 6 and be able to progress from deeper zones. Soumare & Partey seem the ideal profiles. Neves ticks boxes too but a little bit lightweight.
Yeah Soumare is a player I’ve seen a few times and liked the look of. Likely be cheap also

Should be a mascot nothing more honestly next season! I don't know the point of him as a sub, mayswell have Chong :D
I actually don’t mind him used like yesterday he’s usually a good cup player and especially in Europe. Think he was just rusty AF. Lingard on the other hand is just pure caca now!

Feel for these lads. Hardly any football to begin with at any level especially at a good standard to aid development. And now this pandemic must be killing it even more!

ACAEDMY UPDATE:

The U18/U23 will not return for pre-season on the 6th July as planned.

The earliest return date for pre-season is mid July, with the season starting hopefully in mid September.

All clubs are still awaiting guidelines from the PL

The Gomes situation is a little confusing though. How does he not make that squad yesterday? Surely can be given 45-60 mins - what other game do we see him?

The Gomes situation is a little confusing though. How does he not make that squad yesterday? Surely can be given 45-60 mins - what other game do we see him?
He’s been made a good offer and told his plans for his future at the club and from what I understand he’s all but signed it just wants a bit more guarantee on his future role. Obviously been told he won’t feature till he fully commits. Think he’s wrong for demanding anything though tbh. He will get his chance it’s up to him to show his worth.

Ramazani is another fairly good talant we let go for demanding things undeserved. Now he’s gonna go to a Spanish 3rd tier club and most likely never to be heard of again. Instead of excepting and having a chance at featuring in a year or 2.

From Ole yesterday to Norwegian TV

ETHAN LAIRD:

Ole has told the media that Ethan Laird will soon be joining Man Utd 1st team training.

He also adds that Gomes, Chong, Mengi & Garner and Levitt are working hard behind the scenes and will take their chance once selected.

Martial wasn't good enough up front initially. Ole said as much. We've chatted about it for ages, but his movement off the ball was terrible. He was great on the wing because it was ball into feet and he's a brilliant dribbler. He's finally started working really hard on this. He doesn't score any of the goals in hat trick 2 years ago.

I wouldn't say it was terrible but he easily gets disillusioned when he makes like 3-4 runs that aren't respected. When this happens, he goes into jog mode.

FB_IMG_1593371220622.jpg

Those midfielders we are linked were as a direct replacement to Pogba (Saul etc) I wouldn't be surprised if we only signed sancho ( assuming the stars align on that). I certainly would not expect more than 3 players max this summer, if that

Those midfielders we are linked were as a direct replacement to Pogba (Saul etc) I wouldn't be surprised if we only signed sancho ( assuming the stars align on that). I certainly would not expect more than 3 players max this summer, if that
Signing just 1 player would be a bit disappointing. I'd imagine OGS would want a proper holding mid as well