The Manchester United Thread

Gomes situation is just odd and to me just stinks of not playing him due to not signing a contract. But then why would he ever sign it when he constantly has seen Lingard and Pereira given endless chances? I'm disappointed how we've handled this, but it's ultimately going to mean we lose a player that hasn't been given a proper chance.

Gomes situation is just odd and to me just stinks of not playing him due to not signing a contract. But then why would he ever sign it when he constantly has seen Lingard and Pereira given endless chances? I'm disappointed how we've handled this, but it's ultimately going to mean we lose a player that hasn't been given a proper chance.
He has history of not signing a contract, did exactly the same last contract offer, until they told him to stop coming to carrington, then he signed a contract

It's not even about those players, he wants to be playing regular first team football, and thats just not going to happen. He's not getting ahead of Rashford, Martial, Pogba or Fernandes, the only spot he could have a chance is RW and we're looking to get Sancho

I don’t think a holding CM is even on the list. RW, Then another AM, CB in that order

Doubt we're in for an out&out AM. Sancho kills multiple birds with one stone; creates between the lines. Concept of fixed positions is becoming less & less a thing, it's more about profiles and the ability to fluidly interchange. What United lack at the moment is someone who creates between the lines in a more methodical way to Bruno, who's supremely direct and aggressive as well as Rashford. Someone who dribbles, can play low tempo 1-2's, but still a threat in transition -- and be comfortable doing all of this in wide zones. But Sancho is similar to Messi in the sense he roams and demands the ball anywhere between the lines. On a related note, good to see AWB adding more confidence to his game going past opposite numbers. He'll need to do that a lot.

So, Sancho & Grealish are the obvious fits, in order of preference. Sancho preferred because he can play right across the line & simply a higher quality player. Get him in, pray Pogba takes to a deeper 8 position as he does for France then we can definitely close the gap between ourselves, Lfc & City. Chelsea on a similar path, mind you.

He has history of not signing a contract, did exactly the same last contract offer, until they told him to stop coming to carrington, then he signed a contract

It's not even about those players, he wants to be playing regular first team football, and thats just not going to happen. He's not getting ahead of Rashford, Martial, Pogba or Fernandes, the only spot he could have a chance is RW and we're looking to get Sancho

But people here have hailed united youngsters for ages. You just got Fernandes, Pogba have been injured several times. Martial has misfired at some point + has missed support on the pitch. Lingard, Fred and Pereira all have been shaite ,but Gomes never got any support from manager or the reality is he lacks in stepping up to first team.

But people here have hailed united youngsters for ages. You just got Fernandes, Pogba have been injured several times. Martial has misfired at some point + has missed support on the pitch. Lingard, Fred and Pereira all have been shaite ,but Gomes never got any support from manager or the reality is he lacks in stepping up to first team.
The reality is we have been trying to get him to sign a deal since Jan and he’s not signed a no doubt very good offer we have made to him. He’s got a history of messing us around with contracts in the past so he’s lucky to be getting offered one at tbh. Ole has give him mins and he’s been massively disappointing wn everyone he has played.

This is all on Gomes. Not any other players, the manager or the club!

This was the first season he's been truly moved to the first team, hence being played through the Europa League etc, so for him to say its not enough is a little ridiculous. And he hasn't pulled up roots in any of the games he's played in so far

Just read from Ducker that he’s rejected 25k a week plus bonuses so far. Well that’s more than what Chong has just signed his new deal for.

He’s literally taking the **** with that!!!

Just read from Ducker that he’s rejected 25k a week plus bonuses so far. Well that’s more than what Chong has just signed his new deal for.

He’s literally taking the **** with that!!!
Its not the money, its the playing time. Which he does not deserve.
But you have to admire him for being ambitious.

Its not the money, its the playing time. Which he does not deserve.
But you have to admire him for being ambitious.
I have no problem with him wanting to be somewhere making 30 appearances a season, but as long as he is honest with himself that he was in no position to be demanding that here, especially if Sancho arrives

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on Angel Gomes: “Well, you can ask Angel why he’s not signed. He’s not signed yet, there’s still… I don’t know where, what the talks are behind the scenes. Angel’s a top kid. Of course there’s people around him that advises him to do different things" #MUFC

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on Angel Gomes: “If he doesn’t sign, all the best to Angel. I’m going to follow his career if he doesn’t sign for us. If he signs for us, let’s kick on" #MUFC

⚠️
?
?
Marc Jurado se despide del FC Barcelona tras formarse en la Masia desde la edad prebenjamín. El lateral derecho jugará la próxima temporada en el Manchester United #fcblive

Marc Jurado says goodbye to FC Barcelona after training at the Masia from the pre-Benjamin age. Right back will play next season at Manchester United

Looks some talant this guy and highly rated at Spain’s youth age and there academy

From the embargoed part:

Solskjær: "You need competition for places at #mufc. If you think you’ve got a divine right to be playing every game and are doing so well that we’re not going to look for players to replace you, you’re in the wrong place." #mulive [evening standard]

Warning Rashford, Martial and Greenwood not to get too comfortable
"You need competition for places at United. If you think you’ve got a divine right to be playing every game and are doing so well that we’re not going to look for players to replace you, you’re in the wrong place.

I’ve been there myself for so many years as a striker and Teddy Sheringham comes in, Dwight Yorke comes in, Ruud van Nistelrooy comes in, Wayne Rooney comes in. We’ve always got to look at improving, and if they don’t improve, we might have to look somewhere else to get better because we have to be better. We’re too far away from where we need to be and want to be."

On Rashford, Martial and Greenwood only having scraped the surface of their potential
"They know that I trust them, they know I want the best for them, but they also know I’ve got to make decisions for the team and the club. They’ve all taken responsibility at different parts of the season and I’m delighted with all of them.

For us as a group, it was time to allow our forwards to feel that confidence and feel that demand of playing and being demanded to play every game. That’s how you get to another level. I think all three have had a good development this season, but they can be so much better. I’m still waiting to see them blossom because there are parts of their game that they still need to improve on.”

On going undefeated for the remainder of the season
“Complacency kicks you somewhere you don’t want to get kicked in football.

Brighton, we’ve lost the last two when we’ve gone down there. We’ve got Bournemouth, who we’ve lost to [this season]. We’ve got Aston Villa, who we drew with at home. We’ve got Palace, who we lost to at home. We’ve got West Ham that we’ve lost to. Every game is one we have a point to prove in.”

On Martial
He's playing with a smile on his face. Anthony has had a really good season, he's been really important for us. We felt it during the couple of months he was out injured; we struggled.

But he knows that we trust him. He knows that we'll have patience with him and that we'll keep working with him.

He's working hard in the gym. He's enjoying the physical challenge more. He's a good finisher but it's about being in and around the right positions. He's developed more and more in terms of getting into that penalty area and closer to the goal.

We do a lot of work in finishing groups and sessions but it's also down to him to be mentally sharp and ready. We've always known he's a quality player and highly, highly skilful.

On Ighalo mentoring Martial
Odion is a seasoned No 9. He's played that position his whole career whereas Anthony has played more out on the wing. Odion is helping on the training pitch, in terms of his movement, hold-up play and just being himself... Anthony's learning off an experienced centre-forward

On keeping Martial challenged
"It's the first season that he's really playing as a No. 9; he's had to have that burden of the shirt and be that central focus through the middle.

Sometimes that's not easy when you play for Manchester United but he knows that we trust him and I think he knows that we want him to keep developing.

We'll keep challenging him. There are always players in and around the team - and outside the club - who would want to be No. 9 for Manchester United. There's always pressure on a centre-forward but so far he's performed really well."

On having flexible tactics
"I think we can play in many different ways. Bruno has played in central midfield, to the right, to the left, as a No 8, a No 10, in a diamond. It's the same with Paul. And I have Scott McTominay, Fred, Nemanja Matic giving me a headache when I have to leave them out. It's a good position to be in.

The forward players know they have players behind them who can create something out of nothing. Bruno can create chances where there's no space - a little flick around the corner; he's been very good with his back to play.

They're [Bruno & Pogba] both creative players who can pick a pass, players with individual qualities. To be a centre-forward in front of these two is a joy."

On bridging the gap and recruiting
"Everyone is working towards one common goal but the proof is on the pitch.

"If we keep playing well, keep developing, get into the top positions... I know we can attract good players and everyone knows that Manchester United at some point will start winning trophies again."

No one actually believes that though, surely?

No one actually believes that though, surely?
It could be a bargaining strategy or it could be fake news lol. I don't believe Ed Woodward thinks he can sign Sancho for that amount?. Dortmund won't even entertain the bid