The Manchester United Thread

Straight red and possible pen, and then Chelsea scored. Not to mention 'lets kick Bruno as often as we can since ref is a joke' strategy.

I've seen holes in us for a while now, but we've been getting away with it. Think back to the last few games, we haven't started games well but then turned on half an hour later. Today we just haven't turned up all around and we won't get away with it now.

Van is off his rocker if he thinks that was a red and a pen, it wasn't even in the box for god sake.

Straight red and possible pen, and then Chelsea scored. Not to mention 'lets kick Bruno as often as we can since ref is a joke' strategy.
At most a free kick.
Martial came from behind, jumped and pulled his leg up there, i dont see clear intention from him for the ball rather to get a foul.

Maybe foul but not red( he was not denied on goal scoring and was behind defender) or penalty.

Hows this not a pen? Martial got to the ball first and Zouma kicked him after that. Accidental, sure, but he prevented goal scoring chance by fauling Martial as the last man.

I am more surprised that ref did not call that as a foul from his angle

Another very tired display. Those extra 2 days have defo helped Chelsea. Can see this costing us against WHU. Can’t fault Ole for going for it somewhat. But looks like the wrong choice

Another very tired display. Those extra 2 days have defo helped Chelsea. Can see this costing us against WHU. Can’t fault Ole for going for it somewhat. But looks like the wrong choice

He's balled today right up and the players have been totally off it from the start.

A very embarrassing day for us... one of the worst United performances I've seen in a long time. Since the 4-0 Everton defeat maybe.

Yes I absolutely can fault OGS. Bruno Fernandes has already shown signs of match fatigue vs Southampton and crystal palace. What does he do? He not only leaves him on against crystal palace to play the full 90 mins with 3 subs to space but also plays him 3 days later vs Chelsea (a game he's likely going to finish 90 mins too). We have West Ham at Old Trafford. We know they're basically just going to sit deep and counter. We need him at 100% for games like these yet we're barely going to get 70% or benched.

If we don't make the top 4, it's 100% on OGS

Another thing that has really been annoying lately, is the constant persistence to play out from the back, despite teams like Chelsea and Southampton penning us into our own half. We're not able to beat the press many many times.

He's balled today right up and the players have been totally off it from the start.

A very embarrassing day for us... one of the worst United performances I've seen in a long time. Since the 4-0 Everton defeat maybe.
I personally think we were equally as bad vs Burnley at OT

Yes I absolutely can fault OGS. Bruno Fernandes has already shown signs of match fatigue vs Southampton and crystal palace. What does he do? He not only leaves him on against crystal palace to play the full 90 mins with 3 subs to space but also plays him 3 days later vs Chelsea (a game he's likely going to finish 90 mins too). We have West Ham at Old Trafford. We know they're basically just going to sit deep and counter. We need him at 100% for games like these yet we're barely going to get 70% or benched.

If we don't make the top 4, it's 100% on OGS
I said this in the days before he needed heavy rotation or pick the strongest possible team/formation. Unfortunately it was niether one or the other. That’s my only complaint. Disappointing result and performance. Top 4 was always the priority just need to get it done now no excuses.

Team will be knackered for Wednesday too.... such a balls up that we might still yet pay for.

It's not only Bruno, but also Wan-Bissaka has dipped lately and he's knackered too.

Quick question if you had the choice of buying Maguire again would you do so?

Hard to say, cos the season objective rests on CL, without Maguire our defence wouldn't even have got us this far.