The Manchester United Thread

Supposedly Reguilon has been offered to us by Madrid, what do you guys think to him? I've not seen him play much but in that game against Sevilla when we played, we tore them apart so many times and created endless chances. In other words, I didn't see anything to be that impressed about, even Madrid fans say he's better going forward than defensively.

Supposedly Reguilon has been offered to us by Madrid, what do you guys think to him? I've not seen him play much but in that game against Sevilla when we played, we tore them apart so many times and created endless chances. In other words, I didn't see anything to be that impressed about, even Madrid fans say he's better going forward than defensively.

He was on a list of three all on a similar level we earmarked for LB competition this window along with Lewis and Tsim .... Nick the Greek.

So L'pool highly rated him for what that's worth.

Yeah he’s decent but he’s been way overhyped due to the fact most don’t like Shaw. He’s not that great defensively and his end product is a bit better than Shaw. Not saying he won’t improve. And he’s been offered at a good fee and could potentially end up better than Shaw. But that’s a big if atm. And they reported want a buy back clause which is a big no from me.

Last edited:
I would rather take a punt on Lewis. Cheaper and more willing to be back-up, although still has to develop more compared to Reguilon.

Reguilon is very good when attacking but very suspect on defence, compared to Shaw (what ToD said). At the price mentioned, Lewis is a cheaper alternate. If there's a buyback clause, **** no. First option + profit clause - maybe.

I would rather take a punt on Lewis. Cheaper and more willing to be back-up, although still has to develop more compared to Reguilon.

Reguilon is very good when attacking but very suspect on defence, compared to Shaw (what ToD said). At the price mentioned, Lewis is a cheaper alternate. If there's a buyback clause, **** no. First option + profit clause - maybe.
Yeah would of loved us to take a look at Lewis as a cheap back up option. Same would of likely happened to us though. As soon as the Utd tax and Utd buying English tax kicks in, it would be about 40m

Yeah would of loved us to take a look at Lewis as a cheap back up option. Same would of likely happened to us though. As soon as the Utd tax and Utd buying English tax kicks in, it would be about 40m
Even then, it'd be around the range of 15 Mn - I'd take it. While Reguilon has been offered, I sincerely doubt Madrid lets him off easy. Definitely don't want the sort of deal that happened with Morata and Juventus - fixed buyback rate.

Also, it's mad that they're putting him on sale. Marcelo is getting on in age, and while Ferland Mendy is present, they will need someone to compete for places next year. It's more likely a loan deal again for Reguilon - maybe to Sevilla for one more year.

Even then, it'd be around the range of 15 Mn - I'd take it. While Reguilon has been offered, I sincerely doubt Madrid lets him off easy. Definitely don't want the sort of deal that happened with Morata and Juventus - fixed buyback rate.

Also, it's mad that they're putting him on sale. Marcelo is getting on in age, and while Ferland Mendy is present, they will need someone to compete for places next year. It's more likely a loan deal again for Reguilon - maybe to Sevilla for one more year.
It’s basically a loan either way with a but back clause likely fairly low. And Pool were quoted 20m£ for Lewis so it would likely have been more for us lol. And he’s not worth that.

He's much more of an attacking threat than both Williams and Shaw which we honestly need. His overlapping runs caused AWB a lot of issues in that game and has the end product to boot. For a decent fee around €25 million, I'd sign him

It’s basically a loan either way with a but back clause likely fairly low. And Pool were quoted 20m£ for Lewis so it would likely have been more for us lol. And he’s not worth that.
Highly doubt we will go for someone that short-term. Atleast to protect our investment. Don't see it happening, if so.

No buy-back, and I'd go for him, around 30 Mn.

ACADEMY RESULTS: 5th September

Under 18's
Liverpool 4-1 Man Utd
Omari Forson⚽

Under 16's
Man Utd 7-0 v Preston
Manni Norkett⚽⚽⚽
Maxi Oyedele⚽⚽
Chris Popov⚽
Owen Hampson⚽

Under 15's
Man Utd 5-3 v Nottingham Forest
Ethan Williams⚽⚽⚽
Ruben Curley⚽
Tom Jones⚽

Chelsea genuinely look like a very good unit with their new signings (assuming they all gel well to the PL). A front of Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, with existing team means it's a pretty good outfit. A lot of interchangeable tactics and movement. Like the look of them, if not for this season, then the next, atleast for a title run. Also, I believe Chelsea were the first team to field an all-foreign 11 in the PL? That could happen again if Chilwell is not in the squad (Kepa-Azpi-Zouma-Silva-Alonso-Kante-Kovacic-Pulisic-Havertz-Ziyech-Werner). Kinda mad, too.

Also, since a lot of clubs seemed to be going the agent contacts route, I believe Wolves is one of the few clubs where it has worked out. They have their 10th Portugese player (with Silva) in recent years, and it seems like a pretty good track record for them.

We atleast need a couple more signings, if nothing else, to solidify our spot. Then, next season, we can look at improving it further.

Wolves are dodgy af with what’s going on there with Mendes something doesn’t seem right.

Talking of Portuguese. WC performance from Fernandes followed up by his wife giving birth just after ?

Wolves are dodgy af with what’s going on there with Mendes something doesn’t seem right.

Talking of Portuguese. WC performance from Fernandes followed up by his wife giving birth just after ?
He has a business partnership with the owners and he is the agent of their manager, so yeah. They've utilised that connection to make Wolves the Portuguese hub, while a lot of Mendez clients moved there (Jota, Jimenez, Neves, Moutinho to name a few).