The Manchester United Thread

Another week, another VAR F up.

You just have to shrug and laugh at this stage.

Some weeks you’ll benefit and the opposition will get F over like just happened there. Other weeks you’ll get F over and the opposition will benefit.

it just is what it is.

Another week, another VAR F up.

You just have to shrug and laugh at this stage.

Some weeks you’ll benefit and the opposition will get F over like just happened there. Other weeks you’ll get F over and the opposition will benefit.

it just is what it is.
Why? Bruno took the ball away.

It is what it is with VAR....

But those Bruno penalties, flip hop hop and then hop some more to shoot is pathetic in my opinion.

3 points that will do. 2 wins in a row and first win at home in the league. Not vintage by any means. Should have scored 4 more for Sam Johnstone making some top saves. Very disappointed with Rashford and Martial tonight. Very lethargic and casual performances. Onto a big match midweek!

It is what it is with VAR....

But those Bruno penalties, flip hop hop and then hop some more to shoot is pathetic in my opinion.

That seems to be the secret sauce behind it's efficiency. The 2 times he skipped the hop and just went for a basic shot, he missed both.

Actually, looking back at the disallowed PK, we were lucky with that.

The same ***** that was on the VAR the Merseyside Derby disgrace before the break was the ref at Utd yesterday F up again,

Absolutely ZERO accountability and repercussions for these clowns who are looked after and given complete impunity to continue making games of football a joke.

The same ***** that was on the VAR the Merseyside Derby disgrace before the break was the ref at Utd yesterday F up again,

Absolutely ZERO accountability and repercussions for these clowns who are looked after and given complete impunity to continue making games of football a joke.

I agree but that decision was a tight one tbh. Bruno did get a little bit of the ball but like 30% of the ball and 70% his shin. It's not a stonewaller but I think it is a pen.

Also, you can't blame it completely on VAR since the ref revisited the foul incident himself so that's on him

Also, you can't blame it completely on VAR since the ref revisited the foul incident himself so that's on him

Hard not to look at them when VAR asked him to look at something that wasn't 'clear and obvious' to overturn.

Can't wait to see what fun and games VAR has in stall for today's games.

That seems to be the secret sauce behind it's efficiency. The 2 times he skipped the hop and just went for a basic shot, he missed both.
Ahh yes, on the dissolved goal that was saved he missed that one hop he later did.
I understand the efficiency it gives, but it is unfair for GK in my opinion. You can slow down better than hopping like that. But rules are there so he can use it.
---
Some stats:

Man Utd forwards have converted just 7.7% of all shots attempted in the league this season, the lowest conversion-rate among all Premier League teams this season.
  • Marcus Rashford 19 shots, 2 goals (10.5%)
  • Anthony Martial 8 shots, 0 goals (0%)
  • Mason Greenwood 7 shots, 0 goals (0%)
  • Edinson Cavani 5 shots, 1 goal (20%)

---
Some stats:

Man Utd forwards have converted just 7.7% of all shots attempted in the league this season, the lowest conversion-rate among all Premier League teams this season.
  • Marcus Rashford 19 shots, 2 goals (10.5%)
  • Anthony Martial 8 shots, 0 goals (0%)
  • Mason Greenwood 7 shots, 0 goals (0%)
  • Edinson Cavani 5 shots, 1 goal (20%)

Surprised City aren't worse TBH with the eye test.

Manchester United
@manutd
#MUAcademy U23s: #MUFC v Tottenham 16:45?

Woolston; Bejger, Fish, Mengi (c), Fernandez; Galbraith, Hannibal, Puigmal; Pellistri, Elanga, Shoretire.

Subs: Carney, Devine, Helm, McCan, Hugill.

HT 3-1 Utd. Playing some scintillating stuff! Goals from Shola Shortire and 2 from Arnau Puigmal. Mejbri, Puigmal and Pillistri have been unplayable!