The Manchester United Thread

He brought up United's penalty record for no reason.

Yeah, rent free

Yeah, I’m sure he’s scared shitless of a team behind us without anything like the obstacles we’ve had to overcome.

In context of the whole presser, that was minimal as to the wider point of yet another terribly officiated game with two clear penalty’s barely reviewed.

But it makes a good sound bite for idiots on-line and anyone in the media looking for clicks.

Just quality/pacy play in the box end of! ?

Like L’pool aren’t one of the most attacking teams in World football. Yet we’re the ones that apparently get all the VAR help right? *Eye spinning roll.

Messing aside, thats a very questionable anomaly which ever way its spun.

‘ABU’’ at agreeing on B/S penos. And then you can’t can’t call out another Country/ person down to the previous heinous sins of your own Country.

This thread PROPER delivers lately.

Are you being daft on purpose? You're lecturing a whole culture how you think they should behave. How much more pompous can one be? Your solution is a censorship, which is another way of discrimination. You're trying to solve the problem by creating a problem.

At the risk of being called an ABU (ABE surely?), this from the weekend is ..... lets say ‘questionably concerning’ and completely out of the norm.

However anyone wants to cut it.

Premier league stats:

Liverpool pen count since 2015:
20/21 : 5
19/20: 5
18/19: 7
17/18: 3
16/17: 8
15/16: 2
Total 30 pens.

Manchester United:
20/21 : 6
19/20:14
18/19: 12
16/17: 4
15/16: 3
Total: 42 pens

If we want to continue down the line: (Liverpool is first, United is second)
14/15 (6-5}
13/14{12-5)
12/13 (6-7)
11/12 (6-11)
10/11 (7-5)

37 - 33
Soooo.....
If you want to check it, here's the source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/premi...eElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2020

United players were being hacked so fking much in the past, these pens are long, long overdue.
What I would agree is there are waaay to many soft pens ( like that Pogbas). By definition it is a pen, but cmon man, thats soft. Rules need to change, thats for sure

Amad Diallo said: “No, thanks for the opportunity. I want to go to Manchester United" to Gasperini who wanted to keep him for six more months. [@FabrizioRomano]

Are you being daft on purpose? You're lecturing a whole culture how you think they should behave. How much more pompous can one be? Your solution is a censorship, which is another way of discrimination. You're trying to solve the problem by creating a problem.

Premier league stats:

Liverpool pen count since 2015:
20/21 : 5
19/20: 5
18/19: 7
16/17: 8
15/16: 2
Total 30 pens.

Manchester United:
20/21 : 6
19/20:14
18/19: 12
16/17: 4
15/16: 3
Total: 42 pens

If we want to continue down the line: (Liverpool is first, United is second)
14/15 (6-5}
13/14{12-5)
12/13 (6-7)
11/12 (6-11)
10/11 (7-5)

37 - 33
Soooo.....
If you want to check it, here's the source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/premi...eElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2020

United players were being hacked so fking much in the past, these pens are long, long overdue.
What I would agree is there are waaay to many soft pens ( like that Pogbas). By definition it is a pen, but cmon man, thats soft. Rules need to change, thats for sure

E6DEC8CC-F24D-4AEF-9BCE-1DA7202ACF94.jpeg

If you seriously don’t see a clear anomaly in Utd penalties under Solksjaer then I don’t know when you ever would? Theres COMPLETELY different standards of officiating going on here. Or maybe some teams just aren’t as savvy at the dark arts of deception as Utd? Shrugs. (Not that that’s a bad thing BTW. Thats the game now and if you don’t go down, you invariably don’t get.).

Oh, I’ve seen the error of my ways on Uruguay BTW.

Ii shall now stop being daft and apologise to Suarez for branding him a low life racist rat. I now see his claim of it being ‘cultural’ to his home land; as in Cavani’s case, is a perfectly acceptable defence.

Being as we’re using this cultural claim in an *** backw ..... sorry, uhmmm, misunderstood? Country of Uruguay to deem whats offensive to people of colour and what isn’t.

My bad.

I dont understand, is VAR fair or not? You can't have it both way. You cant slander United in age of VAR and praise Liverpool. Holy smokes the double standards...

You really don't understand my point. You can't stop people for calling someone blue, yellow or green. You can't stop people for calling eachother fat, short, tall, developed as a toothpick or whatever. What you can do is educate people why doing something is wrong. Having cultural differences is great, it improves us, it makes constantly searching for development. Imagine never tasting some Indian food because you simply didn't want any part of their culture ( it's a stupid example, but I hope you get my point). Banning something is never the solution, but educating and accepting our differences is.

There's definitely some weird **** with penalties going on, not just in the Premier League mind you. I think introduction of VAR+FIFA constantly meddling with the handball rule is causing some anomalies.

As for Cavani, it's business as usual for the English media to try and "fix" other cultures instead of sorting problems in their own country. Hopefully they won't end up like the last guy who thought his culture is superior. Short fella with a mustache, shot himself in his own bunker if I recall correctly.

I dont understand, is VAR fair or not? You can't have it both way. You cant slander United in age of VAR and praise Liverpool. Holy smokes the double standards...

You really don't understand my point. You can't stop people for calling someone blue, yellow or green. You can't stop people for calling eachother fat, short, tall, developed as a toothpick or whatever. What you can do is educate people why doing something is wrong. Having cultural differences is great, it improves us, it makes constantly searching for development. Imagine never tasting some Indian food because you simply didn't want any part of their culture ( it's a stupid example, but I hope you get my point). Banning something is never the solution, but educating and accepting our differences is.

We’re pretty much on the same page but completely confusing each other. Uruguayans needing educating on whats inherently wrong and highly insulting to people of colour in the rest of the World is the point. There is NO cultural context in either Suarez or Cavani’s case and for the players association, and much leas anyone else, to try justify and excuse it as a none-racial slur is the issue.

They BADLY need educating on whats acceptable or not to an entire race in 2021. That was the crux of my response. The fact that folk are still trying to justify it.

Who’s praising L’pool again mate? I believe he was just pointing out to Statman Dave that his mad post could be twisted any way you wanted.

The complete anomaly of penalties under Solksjaer is another matter and is ‘questionable’ to say the least.

Pointing that out isn’t slandering Utd. (I was being facetious with the dark arts line as you refused to acknowledge that the officiating is completely off here.).

Not just them, we all need more education and understanding on said topic. I like to quote Neil deGrasse who, when asked what race he is, tells he's a human race.

On the refereeing - look at the post above. In the same game where Pogba got the soft pen, Mings should have been sent off for malicious elbow and there should have been a red and a pen. Its a ****** coin toss.

Shaw should have had a blatant penalty in the same game when he was kicked on his right leg from behind and could of gone down. But just managed to stay on his feet but lost the ball when just about to cut it back because he was off balance due to said tackle from behind.

Solskjær: "I felt it [other managers complaining about penalties] worked last year in the semi in the FA Cup because Frank [Lampard] spoke about it and we had a nailed on penalty that we should've had that we didn’t get so maybe it’s a way of influencing referees." #mulive [men]

Solskjær in response to Jürgen Klopp mentioning #mufc's penalties: "I don’t count how many penalties they have, so if they want to spend time on worrying about when we get fouled in the box, I don’t spend time on that." #mulive [men]

Good response from Ole. And that top quote is so true on how managers comments influence refs.

Solskjær: "Donny [Van de Beek] has played well when he has had the chance. I think we are too quick sometimes to jump on ‘Oh, he’s not playing, it’s a failure’, but you know we can see now." #mulive [telegraph]

Solskjær: "With Victor [Lindelöf] and Fred, as examples, it takes a little bit of time and now they are massively important players in our squad, in our team, which will be the same with Donny [Van de Beek]." #mulive [telegraph]

Solskjær: "He [Van de Beek] has come in, he is in a midfield group there with quality — I have loads of tens, loads of central midfielders with Paul [Pogba], Nemanja [Matić], Scott [McTominay] and Fred and Donny has done well when he has come in." #mulive [telegraph]

Solskjær: "He [Van de Beek] is always ready, he always works hard in training, positive and he will make differences in many games for us this season but he will grow more and more for next year." #mulive [telegraph]

‘Sake. Divvy’s got sucked in to the media game and thinks this is the 00’s and he’s Ferguson taunting Rafa’s ‘Facts.’ 😂

All the best the semi. Time their LC run ended.

ABC! 😉