The Manchester United Thread

Having an excellent loan spell at Notts Forest.

Henry Winter
@henrywinter
·
Feb 26, 2021
Enjoyed watching James Garner at Pride Park tonight. Grew into game, composed in midfield, and scored his first senior goal. GK mistake, yes, but good finish. Only 19, Garner developing well on loan from #mufc at #nffc under Chris Hughton.

Henry Winter
@henrywinter
Garner says he’s open-minded” about his future. “I don’t know what will happen next season, whether I will stay with the first team (at #mufc), have another year in the Championship or go abroad. My dream is to play in the Premier League for #mufc. It’s everyone’s dream.”

U18s currently 1-1 atm against Derby. Also the youngest ever u18 side United have ever fielded with the avr age just over 16 yrs and it’s even lower now as one of our oldest players went off injured and a 14 yr old has come on to replace him. Our goal scorer was Charlie McNeil the goal machine btw.

Finished 1-3 Derby. Huge learning experience from the young lads second half. Derby changed tactics just lumping the ball into the box and the young small lads couldn’t deal with it. Leading to 2 headed gls.

U23s finished 1-2 against a good Saints side. Was 1-0 down but fought herd to come back and earn the win despite being hugely depleted and very young side.

Milton Keynes Dons
@MKDonsFC
Today's Man of the Match, as chosen by Match Sponsors @GrundonRecycle, is Ethan Laird!

jb8521
@jb_8521
United are set to sign this week u15 Malachi Sharpe & u14s Sekou Kaba & James Scanlon from Derby County

I bet 10£ there will be no changes next season in the GK department except for Grant, Joel, Romero leaving. There’s already an agreement in place apparently for Henderson to play all the cup games next season and DDG be the league GK. After next season DDG will leave IMO.
Wanted to call out this statment before. Brave words to say somekind of agreement is done in that department.

From Atheltic: Another season as back-up to De Gea is not on ambitious Henderson’s agenda

Is Ole having a giraffe with that line up? Sick of seeing him persist with Maguire and Lindelof in PL.

olyball #joke

It's terrible, we've played all the traditional top 6 this season and barely scored a single goal. The football against the so called big teams is no better than Mourinho or LVG for that matter.

Don't want to be overly pessimistic, but I just feel Ole as a manager is summing up what we've become. Happy to put in a shift and compete against the top teams, but it doesn't matter if we don't win. As long as we stick in top 4 I'm sure this board will lap it all up and embrace him with a new contract.

But lets be honest, we are NEVER winning a major trophy whilst Ole is here, so it's all a bit fruitless for me at this point.

It's terrible, we've played all the traditional top 6 this season and barely scored a single goal. The football against the so called big teams is no better than Mourinho or LVG for that matter.

Don't want to be overly pessimistic, but I just feel Ole as a manager is summing up what we've become. Happy to put in a shift and compete against the top teams, but it doesn't matter if we don't win. As long as we stick in top 4 I'm sure this board will lap it all up and embrace him with a new contract.

But lets be honest, we are NEVER winning a major trophy whilst Ole is here, so it's all a bit fruitless for me at this point.
Don't disrespect LVG like that. Our best performances under him came up against the big boys (Liverpool, spurs, city etc). Even that game against Chelsea we dominated and JM ended up earning a "smash and grab" 1-0 win.