The Manchester United Thread

Lol. Mind you there maybe need for another attacker if Canv goes...
I honestly don’t think we can afford 4 signings. Without shifting all the remaining deadwood. Like Mitten said today. Utd can afford 1 marquee signing this summer and maybe 2 more depending on outgoings. We really need to keep him for another year. Would keep Lingard as well as long as he’s happy being a squad player.

Shift out Joel, Grant, Romero, DDG, Pereira, Jones, Mata, Matic, Bailly. And see what funds we have available.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t think we can afford 4 signings. Without shifting all the remaining deadwood. Like Mitten said today. Utd can afford 1 marquee signing this summer and maybe 2 more depending on outgoings. We really need to keep him for another year. Would keep Lingard as well as long as he’s happy being a squad player.

Shift out Joel, Grant, Romero, DDG, Pereira, Jones, Mata, Matic, Bailly. And see what funds we have available.
get rid of dave are you mad

get rid of dave are you mad
Nope. He’s been a great servant and I have nothing against him and he’s still a good keeper. But he’s not getting younger or better and his reflexes definitely have diminished and he’s been one of the top mistake gk over the last 2 seasons. Plus his huge wages would help gone and he wants to go back to his family.

Maguire
Appearances: 100
Total games since signing: 109
Games featured in: 92 %

Bailly
Appearances: 100
Total games since signing: 282
Games featured in: 35 %

A tale of two CBs. I hope our next one is as good as Maguire and features as much also. Just someone with pace also

You hope Utd’s next CH is as good as one of the poorest in the league?

I can get behind that.

Agreed. Here’s to Utd’s next CH being as ‘good’ as Maguire! 🍻

Woah I'm not Maguire's biggest fan Scouse... but one of the poorest in the league? Come on.

He's been good this season after a slow start (probably due to the trial), plus he has been part of a team that has had pretty good defensive record... especially last season we were 2nd best I think.

Woah I'm not Maguire's biggest fan Scouse... but one of the poorest in the league? Come on.

He's been good this season after a slow start (probably due to the trial), plus he has been part of a team that has had pretty good defensive record... especially last season we were 2nd best I think.
I think he has some kind of crush to him as he mentions him too often in random places, compares to others and makes too many comments about his head.

You hope Utd’s next CH is as good as one of the poorest in the league?

I can get behind that.

Agreed. Here’s to Utd’s next CH being as ‘good’ as Maguire! 🍻
I think he's referring more to his ability to actually stay fit Scouse not on whether he is a world beater.

Woah I'm not Maguire's biggest fan Scouse... but one of the poorest in the league? Come on. .....

We'll have to agree to disagree on this mate as I think you lads have forgotten what even competent defending looks like on a consistent basis.

At the risk of upsetting dilakh, we have a lad whos the very definition of mediocre currently as our most senior CH in Nat Phillips. Who, to his immense credit, has more than likely guaranteed himself a PL move and secured his long-term financial future by seizing his chance and performing exceptionally in the moment. The fact he could well be a CL winner as a bone fide contributor in a little under two months' time is one of the best fairytale stories you could conjure up from a man who would have been at Swansea this year if they hadn't got arsey over the fee last summer. Completely blows my mind that but I digress .....

Nat, as limited as he is, not least on the ball and with absolutely no pace to speak of, is everything Maguire isn't. Doesn't think he's better than he is. Plays within his limitations. And can be relied on to be positionally sound and consistently defend well.

As much as I appreciate all he's consistently given this year, I'm not personally into the cult status with him. (Sorry d.). I''m just happy he's bumped his value to the £15/20 million interest we've been receiving. But if you gave me the option of having to take he or Maguire, at any club, I'm taking Nat hands down as I know I can rely on him to at least be solid defensively consistently. You accept both players will inevitably make mistakes given how uber-limited both are. But I couldn't hand on heart feel that with Maguire.

You don't need 1 starting CH. You badly need 2 IMHO. But the absurd fee decrees you're stuck with making do with Maguire plus one.

But you naturally won't concur as you already thought I was being harsh so we'll have to agree to disagree mate.

Just my honest opinion as I see it. 🍻