The Manchester United Thread

We where fuuud when Costa went out. Could not bring Pablo on because 0 pace on the wings and our formation for attack went to bollocks after that. 3 hard games in a row against City(lost Raph and Cooper, but win), Pool good draw and now with you also decent draw. Rough game but we showed you hard time and nullified Bruno.
Yeah, no doubt, Phillips' only job was to sit on Bruno and he did it very good. Still United should have won. As much as I like Dan James' effort, his decision making is really bad. Any other player today and United would score 2.

That bad? Never seen it. Been outside enjoying the rays.

If it helps, this was probably the first time I’ve ever wanted Utd to beat Leeds.

Not helping though.

Yeah, it was total rubbish.
I watched it on the tablet out in the back garden. The vitamin D kept me from topping myself.

I got some time to reflect on that match yesterday and I realized it was a "feisty" meeting of two sides trying to exploit each other on the break.

Before the game, I told my mate that it looks like OGS is looking to exploit leeds on the counter which isn't a bad strategy away to Ellan road where leeds were sure to play their expansive attacking football. This wasn't the case as Bielsa, as a result of of our last meeting, was way more pragmatic than I expected. Philips was on Bruno like rash however, he also man marked him on the reverse leg. The key difference was Roberts/Dallas always dropped deep to cover the space left by Philips when Bruno made clever movements to the wings to drag him out of position (this worked ever so well in the reverse fixture).

I was a bit annoyed as to why we wouldn't commit more men forward in the 2nd half due to the lack of attacking threat that Leeds posed but one break they had where Costa got a shot deflected off AWB (whom had an excellent game btw) that reminded me why we didn't foolishly commit too many men forward.

Alas, we could've played Pogba/Cavani instead of Dan James with Leeds' surprising pragmatism in hindsight.

To give you an idea, we dominated possession which is unusual given Bielsa's philosophy and the fact that we aren't a possession oriented side. On the reverse fixture, leeds actually dominated possession...a tale of two setups lol.

Because there wont be any new CD in the Summer. Cheaper to extend the contract than to get a new player.

I swear I remember discussing on here that it would be terrible to give him an extension. Can someone explain why???
Apparently Tuanzebe is going out on loan next season to get some football and see if he can stay injury free. So Bailly will be the 4th choice CB behind Linderlof, Maguire and the nee signing.

Thank you good sir 😋🙏🏼
I mean there are more serious problems ahead than CB. U need RW and new striker. Cavani is leaving and Martial is clearly not up to lead the line like wanted. Unknown what happens with Pogba, but something needs to be done with midfield.
If u want some improvements u need to push out some serious cash for CB.
+ even losing ED in long run might be good. The first window might have some effect how things work out inside the club. Also we have Euros so the transfer market will be a hot mess anyway.

I mean there are more serious problems ahead than CB. U need RW and new striker. Cavani is leaving and Martial is clearly not up to lead the line like wanted. Unknown what happens with Pogba, but something needs to be done with midfield.
If u want some improvements u need to push out some serious cash for CB.
+ even losing ED in long run might be good. The first window might have some effect how things work out inside the club. Also we have Euros so the transfer market will be a hot mess anyway.
It’s not 100% sure Cavani is leaving yet his agent said talks are still ongoing. And we will likely sign a STR and a winger along with a cb mate.

Excellent 4-1 win over Sunderland away for the u18s. Goals from Charlie McNeil, Alvaro Fernandez, Dillon Hoogewerf and Aaroen Hansen who again was MOTM. He’s gonna be Utds Modric. No pressure 😋