The Manchester United Thread

I'm doing great as well lads.

Didn't want to comment cos, at this point, I'd sound like a broken record. Instead, I'd just kick back and listen to the Abbey Road album while reading up all the excuses united fans have for Ole on Twitter

Cheers lads 🍻

Klopp fixes it for yers to have a penalty you apparently never get now and yers still miss it! 🙃

Come on lads. Play the game. 😛

Klopp fixes it for yers to have a penalty you apparently never get now and yers still miss it! 🙃

Come on lads. Play the game. 😛
It was written in the script wasn't it? I had an eerily suspicion immediately when Vibes man brought up what Klopp said last season (which I honestly forgot), the first pen we get would be a miss. It's kinda like the weird jinx with that 0-0 game against Leeds last season when apparently the game would *never* end 0-0?

On a related note, I played footie with South Americans in high school and if there's anything I've learned (in addition to watching conmebol) is to never let one get in your head (which is basically what happened with Bruno). Hence, why he oddly enough decided to go for sheer power as opposed to his typically hop + placement technique.

Speaking of hopping penalties, I don't understand why goalkeepers don't just stand their ground and follow the ball when it comes. You'd have better chance of saving if placement isn't perfect, instead of trying to guess the direction, which literally never works.

I remember reading it somewhere that one of the best English keepers, Shilton, was doing that and there's a story by some guy who said something along the lines that Shilton never misreads the shoot from the spot, and by the time he moved to save it the penalty taker was already celebrating the goal.

United in for a spanking tonight.
I won't even bother tuning in.