The Manchester United Thread

nope i have been living under a rock since hes been there you clown its been utter S H I T sine hes been there nothing is going to change
😂 ok numpty. And it hasn’t been S H I T the entire time either. Unfortunately nothing is going to change until top 4 is done. Won’t be long at this rate.

Protests next Sunday again then yeah? That's how it (only) works against L'pool right?

1634463550699.png

#glazersout #YSB! 😉

United under Ole remind me of Chelsea under Lampard. Both decent-ish managers who are completely out of their depth at the highest level and don’t really have the confidence of the top players in the team.
Yeah, I have this suspicion that certain players would scrap whatever game plan was rehearsed in training and just do what they believe is right.

I can't imagine we'd look so disjointed in training and the coaches say "Yeah lads, great training!". Pogba's comments yesterday probably makes me believe certain players don't really buy into that gameplan.

Tuchel did just that yesterday with Lukaku.

He was getting visibly more annoyed explaining to him what he wanted the last half hour when Brentford had Chelsea boxed in to the point he eventually just hooked him. And then went into a big explanation with him what he wasn’t getting/ why he’d been tactically replaced.

And that sends a message not only to Lukaku but to the rest of the squad. Imagine hooking one of your best players while you're under the kosh. That takes courage and will only drive home that zero tolerance.

With united, I feel certain players can get away with anything without consequence because they know OGS is too passive to do act on it. For that reason, certain players just grow complacent (I'm looking at you Nathaniel cl...I'm mean Wan Bissaka) or just go rogue *cough* Bruno *cough* because they know they wouldn't be dropped.

A combination of these factors and you have the dysfunctional team that you see today.

Scouse won’t you be sad if the Liverpool win against us puts Ole out of a job 😋
Id wager a mortgage that even if we got walloped 6-0 by Liverpool, he'd still have a job. Personally, I don't see us changing till maybe the end of the season at the earliest barring some pretty catastrophic run of form (like straight up losing 10 games in a row)

Scouse won’t you be sad if the Liverpool win against us puts Ole out of a job 😋

We could wallop you 10 and I doubt that happens.

I'll wager anything there is absolutely NO way he's going anywhere this season. As much as he needs to.

What the support may want and what the owners are sound with are two completely different things.

And the only way he goes at the seasons end is if Utd mess up top 4 and cost the Glazers money.

As utterly mad as both moves were, they haven't extend him and Phelan early to turn around and bin them now.

*Edit* @Legend Incredible beat me to it. Great minds and all that. 🍻

Last edited:
Pretty much, as long as he consistently gets top 4 I don't see him getting fired any time soon.

Theoretically, Conte would represent a bit of a short term "win now" kind of appointment. If you do think about it, we have a number of players approaching their technical prime so maybe it isn't such a bad appt. Bruno is 27, Varane is 28, Luke shaw's 26, Pogba's 28 (probably leaving), DDG is approaching his twilight (or still in his prime?). Then, ofc, you have Ronaldo. We'd be looking at a mini-rebuild in about 3 years anyways.

Be a shame if we wasted all that with no trophies to show for it.

Theoretically, Conte would represent a bit of a short term "win now" kind of appointment. If you do think about it, we have a number of players approaching their technical prime so maybe it isn't such a bad appt. Bruno is 27, Varane is 28, Luke shaw's 26, Pogba's 28 (probably leaving), DDG is approaching his twilight (or still in his prime?). Then, ofc, you have Ronaldo. We'd be looking at a mini-rebuild in about 3 years anyways.

Be a shame if we wasted all that with no trophies to show for it.

United just need to win again. Its been years since the club last won the PL or CL or were even serious title contenders.

Someone just needs to shake up the culture at the club and there is no one better to do that than Conte.

😂 ok numpty. And it hasn’t been S H I T the entire time either. Unfortunately nothing is going to change until top 4 is done. Won’t be long at this rate.
what ever you have been smoking stop its not working and yes it has been utter **** since hes been here

what ever you have been smoking stop its not working and yes it has been utter **** since hes been here
Yeah ok😂 when he took over part time and was playing 433 with a balanced midfield we was playing some great stuff going on a winning run that was one of the longest In the clubs history. And went to one of the teams that had the worst distance covered and pressing stats. To one of the top 3 in the league and we were scoring for fun with Pogba being in his best form.
What happened after that **** Knows. It’s like the gift of a full time contract made him completely **** scared to lose his job and went super Mourinho. And **** knows why he went away from a 433!

Yes things have been getting gradually worse and Ole has clearly come to the end of his time here. And his lack of tactical knowledge/experience is showing big time. Especially against low block counter attacking sides. And he should go.

Also under Ole we have turned the squad around while changing the atmosphere at the club were a lot of players wanted to leave under previous managers. It’s another reason I think he needs to go before the constant bad results completely upset player morale.

Also don’t forget under Ole we have been consistently one of the top scorers in the league. Had one of the clubs longest winning runs. Have the longest unbeaten run in the top flight of English football. Also have a very good record of comeback victories. And his his first full season had the best or secondbest record against top 4 sides in the league.

Last edited: