The Manchester United Thread

We’ve banged the drum on our ownership issues but I don’t think we’ve held Ten Hag himself accountable (Scouse aside). It’s comments like these from Ten Hag that scare me. The whole excitement behind ten Hag was to bring some of that total football that saw Ajax absolutely play Dortmund off the park in the UCL (with Haaland). As someone that watched that game, I couldn’t help but get excited at the thought of seeing that type of football at Old Trafford, win or lose. If we were just going to continue on with Ole ball then we might as well just kept Solskjaer

Ange came into spurs and we already know what he’s all about.

Don’t sound great tbh. But he’s speaking the truth. Most of our players except the ones he’s signed from Ajax can’t play that brand of football with the likes of AWB, Maguire, Linderlof, Evans, McTominey, Rashford, Bruno etc. not saying he shouldn’t be doing way better. But I’m not surprised we aren’t seeing Ajax total football either. Martinez and Shaw are absolutely huge massive losses to this side and how we play.

Maybe EtH should ask Antony to play like David Neres.
Or Bruno to play like Donny van de Beek.

You know, just like when Moyes asked Vidic and Ferdinand to play more like Jagielka.

Maybe EtH should ask Antony to play like David Neres.
Or Bruno to play like Donny van de Beek.

You know, just like when Moyes asked Vidic and Ferdinand to play more like Jagielka.
There's no hope of Bruno playing like Donny van de Beek in this current squad not even van de Beek can play like Van De Beek.

Don’t sound great tbh. But he’s speaking the truth. Most of our players except the ones he’s signed from Ajax can’t play that brand of football with the likes of AWB, Maguire, Linderlof, Evans, McTominey, Rashford, Bruno etc. not saying he shouldn’t be doing way better. But I’m not surprised we aren’t seeing Ajax total football either. Martinez and Shaw are absolutely huge massive losses to this side and how we play.
I refuse to subscribe to this idea that they can’t be coached to play that way (at least most of them).

Martinelli is very Rashford-esque as far as player profiles go but Arteta has molded him to fit his possession play style.

Or Antony to play like the Antony at Ajax to begin with
Or anyone to simply play and not rely on individual brilliance.
Like, what the heck are they doing in training? Anyway, like I said oh so many times. Things won't change unless the glazers leave. Good thing I'm much younger than them and I'll live to see United without a parasitic owners. Untill then, I'm grateful I witnessed SAF and amazing United over 15 years I was watching them.

I refuse to subscribe to this idea that they can’t be coached to play that way (at least most of them).

Martinelli is very Rashford-esque as far as player profiles go but Arteta has molded him to fit his possession play style.
Martinelli is a more possession based player than Rashford imo. And not half as greedy. And I say a more intelligent footballer than Rashford.

Your not going to coach the likes Evans, Maguire, Linderlof to not poo there pants when an oppo player gets within 10 yards of them. And you not going to teach McTominey to become some super technical Eriksen regen lol. And if you coach Bruno to play like an Ajax player your coaching out all his best qualities as a player. I honestly don’t know what the answer is tbh mate. It’s just a shambles 😟

Look forward to seeing him play

Attachments

• IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
You live and die by your recruitments. Both Liverpool and Utd needed a massive overhaul in the summer with their midfield. Yet you still keep making the same mistakes overpaying on bang average players ( I couldn't believe the wages yous lot handed Mount). 70 million on Casemiro was laughable as you never pay near-record fees plus a long-term contract for players entering their 30s. You can never be sure when their legs will eventually go. Even the signing of Varane made no sense as he's been near injury-prone he's whole career. Too many decisions on recruitment with no clear plan and its killing you long term as the wage bill and ffp knock ons have now caught up. If us lot on a forum can see this how on earth are those making the decisions up top still making the same mistakes a decade on? I remember when Murtaugh got the role some on here thought things would change...

Oh, and United will not be a top team as long as Bruno is their best player.
Forget the incessant whining and posturing. It's the hero ball merchant that he needs to cut out. Great player but not someone who will take you to that next level.

You live and die by your recruitments. Both Liverpool and Utd needed a massive overhaul in the summer with their midfield. Yet you still keep making the same mistakes overpaying on bang average players ( I couldn't believe the wages yous lot handed Mount). 70 million on Casemiro was laughable as you never pay near-record fees plus a long-term contract for players entering their 30s. You can never be sure when their legs will eventually go. Even the signing of Varane made no sense as he's been near injury-prone he's whole career. Too many decisions on recruitment with no clear plan and its killing you long term as the wage bill and ffp knock ons have now caught up. If us lot on a forum can see this how on earth are those making the decisions up top still making the same mistakes a decade on? I remember when Murtaugh got the role some on here thought things would change...
nothing will change till the yanks are gone but thats never happing and sir jim can do 1 too hes just the glazers 2.0

I remember when Murtaugh got the role some on here thought things would change...
I’ll be the first to own up to that only because I was desperate for ANY dof at that point (I believe this followed Ed Woodward’s resignation). In hindsight, he’d been part of the problem since 2014. If all we do is sign ex-Ten Hag players then we could do that without a DOF which makes me question what he actually does.

All that combined with discarding Ralf Rangnick just makes this all the more unbearable. His comments really have aged like wine