The Manchester United Thread

He’s been solid since that penalty save against Copahagen. Even read some stat that he’s saved the most shot in the PL which is a good and bad thing. He can stop shots but then again, why is he stopping so many shots?
Was thinking the same.
I would bet if United fix midfield, everything would look better.

academyarena Utd
@academyarenaUTD

·
Been told that Manchester Utd U17s beat Blackburn U17s 5-2 tonight.
⚽️
⚽️
⚽️
⚽️
4 for Gabriele Biancheri new signing Douka Nkoto with the other goal.

I don't know what's the madder goalkeeping situation .....

That anyone ever thought Onana was ever the answer to anything?

Or that De Gea is still without a club? Which continues to blow my mind as Utd are among a host of clubs that could have done with him this season.

My praise for Onana jinxed this. I usually never like to pin a bad result on one player but Onana drew this game on his own. Concedes the same type of freekick twice and then conceded a fairly easy save near post (after Mainoo did some good work in narrowing the shooting angle)

Just watched the replay of the match. Oh man Onana them 2 howlers 🙆🏻‍♂️ the third wasn’t an easy save by any means! Despite the dissapointing draw there were some positives. But one thing that absolutely stood out. Is that trio of MagLove and McTominey 😡

Gala were basically playing a 4-6 formation forcing MagaLove to hoof it 90% of the time any decent CB on the ball could of easily played around not even a good press and set us on our way in the acres of free space. But they defo wasn’t helped by the CM ghost Mctominey. Once again fewest touches and fewest passes for Utd. And again despite the room in CM was always seeming to be stood unable to receive the ball from the CBs.

Till the spine is sorted we are going to be an inconsistent team unable to control or dominate games consistently. Man it’s good to have Shaw back makes a huge difference and AWB who did a great job on Zaha. Both defo started to struggle fitness wise.

As did Hojlund who once again showed good energy in the press and nice hold up work. Gala defo found it easier once Half arsed Martial came on. Antony had a really good game and finally showed that he can easily beat men and linked up great with AWB.

Big question mark for me in the attack now is what happens with Rashford. You can’t leave out Garnacho on the left atm. And imo Antony and Pellistri have shown more of late to warrant starting on the right. Especially as Rashford isn’t a goal threat from that side.

My praise for Onana jinxed this. I usually never like to pin a bad result on one player but Onana drew this game on his own. Concedes the same type of freekick twice and then conceded a fairly easy save near post (after Mainoo did some good work in narrowing the shooting angle)
Yep, lets talk thrash to Onana, maybe he stops making mistakes then.

well seeing we dont have any 1 else you have to go with what you have
Højlund over Martial. Pellistri or Antony over Rashford. Amrabat over McTominey.

Anyways. Dominated and lucky to be level. Not surprised to see Rashford aimlessly running into people giving the ball away and breaking down attacks. Same for Martial and his laziness especially when it comes to pressing. I don’t see the point in Garnacho and Fernandes doing it as the other 2 attackers are not arsed. And is McTominey even playing?

Unacceptable performance. I understand and have often acknowledged how limiting it is to have the glazers but at the end of the day, performances like that is 100% down to Ten Hag. You can’t even make injury excuses when Newcastle have a laundry list of absentees as well

Ten Hag out man. We were sold a dream.

Unacceptable performance. I understand and have often acknowledged how limiting it is to have the glazers but at the end of the day, performances like that is 100% down to Ten Hag. You can’t even make injury excuses when Newcastle have a laundry list of absentees as well

Ten Hag out man. We were sold a dream.
and get who will still be the same old same old

ETh has made mistakes what manager doesn't but he isn't being helped by the lazy egotastic players on the pitch. The Glazers have leeched the club not only of money but any sense of pride in the players. They can't be bothered to turn up and fight against teams they shoud be wiping the floor with, then whinge when dropped from the team for not performing. Maybe it is time to find who the real troublemakers are amoung the players and get rid. Alternatively start hitting them in the pocket everytime they lose (contraversial I know but that's the only way you can probably get a preformance out of this bunch). A week's wages (to go to local charities) from the whole of the team would go a long way and may just make these prima donnas realise how lucky they are.

I my belief Manchester United should do this if it was feasible.
Need to sell in January or the summer transfer window: Victor Lindelöf, Harry Maguire, Mason Mount, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Casemiro, Raphaël Varane, Diogo Dalot, Antony, Tom Heaton, Jadon Sancho, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Donny van de Beek, Jonny Evans, Brandon Williams & Scott McTominay.
Do not renew loan deal or buy in the summer: Sofyan Amrabat & Sergio Reguilón.
Keep: Altay Bayındır, Lisandro Martínez, Bruno Fernandes, Rasmus Højlund, Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen, Amad Diallo, Alejandro Garnacho, Luke Shaw, André Onana, Facundo Pellistri, Kobbie Mainoo, Álvaro Fernández & Hannibal Mejbri.
In my opinion on humanity reasons we can't keep Mason Greenwood, but on football reasons only I would like keep him.

I think United should on any future signings or renew contracts from now on, should have lower basic wages with more performance rated bonuses in their contracts ie. goal bonus, assist bonus, clean sheet bonus and win bonus. Then maybe their performance will better in the future?