The Manchester United Thread

Just keep promoting the youngsters, it worked so far.
Yep. Honestly don’t mind if we do. Bar a slim slim slim chance of hope for getting 5th nothing else in the league to play for. The 2 young FBs on the bench yesterday from the u18s especially Harry Amass I wouldn’t mind seeing start at LB. The boys a speacial talant and if you see him play you can see why he could cost us up to 4m from Saints as a 16 yr old.

The u18s are 13 points clear at the top of there league and all but have it wrapped up. There’s some serious talent in that group. Maybe have a couple of them on the bench for the remainder.

Can’t think of any from the u21s to give a go. Forson would be on the bench but he’s injured. Shola Shortire but he’s being stubborn with his demands in his new contract talks (can see him leaving). Maybe Will Fish at CB but from what looked a promising players he’s dropped off massively the last 2 seasons. Tyler Fredricson looks quality but after being promoted from the u18s he’s been injured and only just returned. All the rest of the u21 defenders are bang average.

Except for Gore who is out on loan the CMs are nowhere near good enough. Toby Collyer who we signed from Arsenal looks decent and seems to be highly rated but he’s one of the younger ones after being promoted early.

The 3 STRs in Ennis, McNiel, Hugil all are talented so maybe could have 1 or 2 of those on the bench. Not Hugil though he’s out on loan.

Tbh our u21s side is a joke only 15 pkayers in the entire squad and some of those are out on loan.

The u21s should have a big clear out in the summer. And next season have a really strong young side as most the u18s will be promoted up early. And as we are stacked at that age group and the u16s we will still be competitive at those levels also. Not to mention some young players joining we already have agreed deals with.

8 of the u21s side that hammered Liverpool 1-9 at the weekend are in the u21s squad/starting lineup for the match against Brighton tonight.

U21s 1-0 up at HT in what has to be the most dullest, slowest most boring half of footy I have ever seen!

Goal came from Harry Amass drilled cross. Defender turned it into his own net.

All because we have a clown incharge of the women’s team still 😡

Meanwhile we've got reports today that Irene Guerrero is likely to leave - no surprise there World Class CM and Skinnar has never used her. We've apparently made no move to sign Malard who was here on loan which is baffling after she and her agent said they would love to stay. And her club are willing to let her go cheap and she’s been one of our best attackers, despite being shunted out wide all the time. Garcia is also likely to leave, her contract runs out next month and is despite being our best winger by a mile still gets dropped for Skinnar favourites in Nikita Paris and Leah Galton.

Not looking good for the womens team next season if Skinnar is still here‼️

Oh and still no sign of a new contract for the worlds No1 gk in Mary Earps 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Laurie Whitwell
@lauriewhitwell
·
Exc: Football director John Murtough to leave #MUFC this week, after 10 years at the club. Exit before summer seen as best. Jason Wilcox set to arrive as technical director. Other staff stepping up in interim. Dan Ashworth later in the summer.W/@David_Ornstein

🚨
| #mufc say that Jason Wilcox will start in the coming weeks, once an agreement can be reached with Southampton on compensation. [@David_Ornstein, @lauriewhitwell]

In the same article from Whitwall and Ornie. They also say Darren Fletcher will stay on but in a new title. Remaining his role as the bridge between the academy and 1st team. Also Liverpools ex Julian Ward is top of the list for head or recruitment.

I hope people remember his work in the academy. He’s a key reason why we’re doing well in that regards.

He was out of his depth as far as the responsibilities of a DOF
Yep. Defo doesn’t deserve all the flack and hate he’s getting. Has truly reshaped our academy. Just not a DOF that’s all.

🚨
BREAKING!!Sir Jim Ratcliffe has held face-to-face talks today with the Newcastle United co-owner Amanda Staveley in a bid to reach an agreement on Dan Ashworth’s move to Manchester United! #MUFC [@Lawton_Times]

Old Trafford this evening as Manchester United host Liverpool in the Premier League 2. XI: Harrison (GK), Bennett, Murray, Baumann, Jackson, Aljofree (C), Missin, Oyedele, McNeill, Curley, Ennis. Subs: McAllister, Wooster (GK), Scanlon, Nolan & Williams. #MUFC #MUAcademy

| Ten Hag on his #mufc future: "I have a very positive feeling about it because I'm talking on a daily basis with the new ownership, and they've said what direction they want to go with me, and I feel very positive about that."[@SkySportsPL]

U21 lost 3-0 to pool last night. U18s play this morning.

Ben Ibson

@Ben_Ibson
·
Manchester United are edging closer to being crowned U18 Premier League champions, today they take-on Stoke City. XI: Myles (GK), Kamason, Nolan, Kingdon, Devaney, Sharpe, Scanlon, Biancheri, J. Fletcher & Williams. Subs: Plunkett, Byrne-Hughes, Armer, Thwaites & Lacey #MUFC