The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

MANUMAD

Reaction score
Im surprised that there is no thread yet dedicated to MUTD in FM15 so Im starting one.

And to get us going here's what I did:

(a) Took the 68m wage budget option.
(b) Sold Fletcher and Ando for about 4.5m each
(c) Bought (using instalments):

Gino Peruzzi
Sven (? - the one from Dortmund) Bender
Lucas Romero
Depay
Tielemans
Papastathopoulos
Stephano Denswil
Savitskyi - sent to Antwerp for wp purposes

Mutually terminated a couple of staff and brought in people like Meulensteen, Carminati, Pracidelli (GK cos there's only one at the start) and Ivan Couto

Trying three tactics:

4141 - Asymmetric (similar to my tactic in FM14)
4231 - the holding mfs are not deep
3412 - Trying to emulate LVG initial tactics with not great success

There are two things I noticed with FM 15 so far:

(a) Its too easy buying really good players.
(b) Its too easy and bug like to have players unsettled

In my first season, i sold anderson young and fellaini.

Bought in Gundogan in January then made Falcao's move permanent.

Although quite expensive 30+ goals two seasons running even though I do rotate when possible.

I bought in Muelensteen, Landucci and Lucassen oh and Zanetti for staff.

Last edited:
What about Hummels? Does he still have a 'Would prefer not to play in England' bit in his preferences?

If so, my first window probably would be (once I get hold of a demo)

1. Get Hummels, if I can convince him to move w/o CL. Else, get Balanta. Then sell Smalling.
2. Get Lucas Romero and maybe Gino Peruzzi (Rotation could be an issue with no CL..)
3. Get Memphis Depay, and sell Ashley Young, Valencia and Anderson.
4. Get a young wonderkid striker. Also, maybe Tielemans.

But anyhow, MANUMAD, won't squad rotation be an issue with your current squad? Once everyone gets fit, that is.. A little too many Central Defenders..

I managed to put a bid in and talk to him about signing for me but he weren't interested I'll double check for you now about career plans.

I managed to get peruzzi for under 5m in the 2nd season.
Graelish is also good rotation/future option.

Won the title in my first season by 6 pts, in January of my 2nd season winning it by 5 at the moment.

Season 1

Bought:

Eriksen, Inigo Martinez, Depay, Tielemans, Dede, Verratti, Ricardo Rodriguez.

Sold:

Young, Smalling, Anderson, Valencia, Fellaini, Fletcher

Season 2

Bought:

Strootman, Thiago, Benatia, Sterling, Balde Keita

Sold:

Rooney (poor 1st season), Hernandez, Nani, Rojo, Herrera (just found better replacements in Thiago and Benatia for these two), Cleverly, Carrick

Sterling won the World Player of the Year and European Golden Boy in his first season with us, still can't believe I picked him up. All because of his release clause of 47.5m which I think is more than decent fee to get the greatest wonderkid pairing you will find on the game, Sterling and Januzaj. They are ripping up the league at the moment with ADM and Eriksen who is keeping Mata out of the team.

Very happy with Strootman and Benatia signings as well, seemed to be the kind of players that United have been craving for ages.

Last edited:
How on earth does Sterling even agree to move to United? I still wouldn't do that anyhow, but mainly because I'm kinda big on certain traditions, one of which involve no transfers between United and Liverpool xD

Liverpool had a horrible 1st season, and no matter how much I hate them, Sterling is definitely going to become one of the best players in the world on the game, so didnt have the heart to pass up the opportunity to get him

Besides, what better way to damage Liverpool than take away their only hope for the next decade or so? (6)

Won the title in my first season by 6 pts, in January of my 2nd season winning it by 5 at the moment.

Season 1

Bought:

Eriksen, Inigo Martinez, Depay, Tielemans, Dede, Verratti, Ricardo Rodriguez.

Sold:

Young, Smalling, Anderson, Valencia, Fellaini, Fletcher

Alright mate, How much did you spend on getting the players in and how much did you receive for shipping those out?

Alright mate, How much did you spend on getting the players in and how much did you receive for shipping those out?

All include installments but I spent:

Depay 15m, Eriksen 30m, Inigo 20m, Dede 12m, Verratti 15m, Rodriguez 12m, Tielemans 10m, also Lucas Romero who I forgot for 6m

Total: 120m

Prices I sold for:

Young 15m, Smalling 16m, Anderson 5m, Valencia 15m, Fellaini 7.5m

Total: 58.5m

So eventually stuck to the 60-70m transfer budget that I was given

What about Hummels? Does he still have a 'Would prefer not to play in England' bit in his preferences?

If so, my first window probably would be (once I get hold of a demo)

1. Get Hummels, if I can convince him to move w/o CL. Else, get Balanta. Then sell Smalling.
2. Get Lucas Romero and maybe Gino Peruzzi (Rotation could be an issue with no CL..)
3. Get Memphis Depay, and sell Ashley Young, Valencia and Anderson.
4. Get a young wonderkid striker. Also, maybe Tielemans.

But anyhow, MANUMAD, won't squad rotation be an issue with your current squad? Once everyone gets fit, that is.. A little too many Central Defenders..

1. Dunno about Hummels. Checked him out was too exp went for PAPASTATHOPOULOS instead.
2. Might be an issue yet but Im getting a huge amount of injuries. Plus Im after the domestic treble. Also if everybody is fit Rojo will be used at DL mainly. My tactics tire the wingbacks most so I need at least 5 class ones. My plan for next year is to sell Smalling and get Stones. Looked at Gundogan as somebody suggested but he's injured longterm
3. Decided offloading Young and Valencia as well would affect team cohesion - but they ll be off next year. Ill try to get an English player plus somebody plus Reus.
4. Yup - wonderkid striker - went for Mitrovic but then when Depay became possible I dropped my interest in him. Play Depay mainly at cf. Januzaj is amazing btw.

for me i sold fletcher fellaini ashley young chris smalling

bought in thiago silva/fabio coentrao/alessandro florezi/lucas moura

i'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with wingers this formation is focussed on getting the best out of adnan as the player in the hole he has put in a transfer request this jan and ive told him hes not going anywhere no matter what its all stemming from champions league football and in the process hes made di maria unhappy because of my treatment of januzaj haha ****** januzaj proper moaning lol he should be happy next season as i am aiming for league title this season to give him some silverware and hopefully turn him round.

All include installments but I spent:

Prices I sold for:

Young 15m,

What club paid 15m for Young?? Best offer I can get after constant touting is he grand total of £0.00 from Everton!!!

My United save I am concentrating on building for the future and bringing in youth.

INS
Balanta, Romero, Depay, Quintero, Hughes, Peruzzi, Coric, Barbosa (loan back)

OUTS
Fletcher
Couldn't shift anyone else!

SYSTEM

4-2-3-1

FIRST THREE GAMES

W 2-0 Chelsea Home
W 3-2 Liverpool Away
W 2-0 Arsenal Home
L 2-0 Aston Villa Away.

YES 2-0 first defeat to Villa sitting in 17th. WTF.

Not enjoying Falcao so far, early days but just a single penalty in all games including preseason

Last edited:
United are over-rated on this FM. Just like all the past ones.

Just got £16.5m for Ashley Dung from Spurs and £21m for Valencia for Monaco, that'll do

Just got £16.5m for Ashley Dung from Spurs and £21m for Valencia for Monaco, that'll do

psg want valencia from me dont want to sell till end of season tho so i can go all in for sterling as his sucessor fail that replace with zaha either way should be a win win tempted to do business in jan i am not gonna tho will totally mess up my squad balance