The Manchester UTD FM15 Discussion Thread

Guys, do you know any striker to replace Falcao? I would ******* love to keep him, but 50+ mil and 350kpw is waaaay too much for me.

I think during the season at many points when I was scouting Lukaku, he became available for 30-40 mil, which is still really expensive although his wages would be less than Falcao and definitely a better long term prospect. Only reason I didnt get him was because I didnt have the funds when he was available, and in the summer Everton reject any bid that I make.

Another option, younger but definitely usable after one good season of development, would be Munir (amazing creative forward stats, 10m release clause, just needs one season of tutoring and development). Jese and Mauro Icardi are also good, they will make a fuss to join Utd if you declare interest and bid after 1st season, given you win EPL or come close.

Last edited:
tezzz has gotta be a scouser & man ****** fan hhaha

Or I could just give an honest opinion. United are top of the league most of the time on my saves. Fair enough over the years as United have been a force to be reckoned with but not anymore.

Even with all the individuals you've got Falcao, RVP, Rooney, Di Maria. But still a very overrated team on FM.

698609d1414675939-manchester-utd-fm15-discussion-thread-2014-10-30_00001.jpg

Not over-rated though.

United are over-rated on this FM. Just like all the past ones.

I'd keep quiet about that, considering how massively overrated Liverpool players are commonly accepted to be.

United's ratings reflect that they've got a squad talented enough to win the league that's being mishandled by mismanagement. FWIW I haven't seen them win in any of my files yet, and trust me, I've played a **** of a lot more than anyone else here.

Last edited:
My save

I started off pretty pleased with the first team. I however couldn't resist snapping up Munir El-Haddadi and Eder Alvarez Balanta, if only to keep them from other teams.

My first season I played a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with Blind playing regista and Di Maria as a roaming playmaker next to a box to box Fellaini/Ander. Mata then played as a trequartista or advanced playmaker behind Falcao and RVP/Rooney.

In January Gianuca Nani(my DoF) purchased Lucas Romero (He also bought Sascha Horvath) and soon Blind couldn't get a game in due to Romero's form. I had also scouted Fierro for the **** of it and his potential was to good not to buy. He however sadly did not feature much due to Falcao being a goal machine up front.

I decided at the end of the first season to change systems to the more dynamic 4-2-3-1-wide (think Dortmund/Madrid). This meant changes. As I would only use one striker I opted to not buy Falcao and sell RVP and keep rooney as a False nine and bring Fierro and Munir more into rotation. I kept Nani but at the last minute sold Zaha(still have Young and Valencia anyways). I still neeeded a solid world class right winger (I love you Nani, but you're too flaky). I pinched up Cuadrado by offering him a 14 million pound sign on bonus(Take that PSG) and was pleased with the squad.

Once again Gianluca Nani had an idea on how to improve it and snapped up Sergi Samper. He looks like an up and coming world beater. I'm going to wait until January to decide wheather to sell Blind, Fellaini or Ander because the midfield is way to crowded at the moment.

Let's hope those wings start to deliver.

Album with details:
Fm Mancunia - Imgur

I think during the season at many points when I was scouting Lukaku, he became available for 30-40 mil, which is still really expensive although his wages would be less than Falcao and definitely a better long term prospect. Only reason I didnt get him was because I didnt have the funds when he was available, and in the summer Everton reject any bid that I make.

Another option, younger but definitely usable after one good season of development, would be Munir (amazing creative forward stats, 10m release clause, just needs one season of tutoring and development). Jese and Mauro Icardi are also good, they will make a fuss to join Utd if you declare interest and bid after 1st season, given you win EPL or come close.
I need a poacher. I'm using RVP as creative striker and I'm trying to retrain Mata for that role. Icardi is decent, might go for him. I'm even thinking about buying Reus and playing him as Advance forward. Only thing that bothers me is his composure.

I need a poacher. I'm using RVP as creative striker and I'm trying to retrain Mata for that role. Icardi is decent, might go for him. I'm even thinking about buying Reus and playing him as Advance forward. Only thing that bothers me is his composure.

Carlos Bacca son

I'd keep quiet about that, considering how massively overrated Liverpool players are commonly accepted to be.

United's ratings reflect that they've got a squad talented enough to win the league that's being mishandled by mismanagement. FWIW I haven't seen them win in any of my files yet, and trust me, I've played a **** of a lot more than anyone else here.

I'll happily not keep quiet about that. Whether they're being misguided or not the game starts how real life is so there is no excuse for United to be really good on FM this season.

And not sure what Liverpool player you're referring to as being massively overrated. I can't think of one who I'd have in my squad on FM who I wouldn't have in the squad in real life.

Gerrard is overrated as ****. Sterling is among best 3 wingers in the game. Mignolet is better shot stopper than Neuer, Sakho and Skrtel have all key attributes above 14. What else? Yea, Countinho is Ronaldinho's regen, Lallana has 18 ******* dribbling, Henderson is on pair with Koke, and how can we forget Flanagan, the mental hero, beast who's defending is overrated as ****.
All top clubs are overrated, why is there always some Liverpool fan ********?

I'll happily not keep quiet about that. Whether they're being misguided or not the game starts how real life is so there is no excuse for United to be really good on FM this season.

They're not. I think you're displaying a bit of confirmation bias here.

And not sure what Liverpool player you're referring to as being massively overrated. I can't think of one who I'd have in my squad on FM who I wouldn't have in the squad in real life.

And a lot of regular bias here. Glen Johnson, SUSO, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Coutinho all range from slightly (Flanagan, the two CBs) to insanely (******* Suso) overrated. These aren't just my words either, half the researchers were up in arms about it on the main site.

They're not. I think you're displaying a bit of confirmation bias here.

And a lot of regular bias here. Glen Johnson, SUSO, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Coutinho all range from slightly (Flanagan, the two CBs) to insanely (******* Suso) overrated. These aren't just my words either, half the researchers were up in arms about it on the main site.

Out of that list I only recognise Suso as being overrated. Flanagan has potential on it but he has potential in real life. Far too many red cards for me though. Johnson I tend to get rid of after a season or two. Skrtel isn't overrated he's a solid CB just like he was in real life until last season were he has dipped. Cout is a good player in real life and I haven't used Sakho enough to comment.

Are you basing this on the one season we've had these players?

Out of that list I only recognise Suso as being overrated. Flanagan has potential on it but he has potential in real life. Far too many red cards for me though. Johnson I tend to get rid of after a season or two. Skrtel isn't overrated he's a solid CB just like he was in real life until last season were he has dipped. Cout is a good player in real life and I haven't used Sakho enough to comment.

I'm not talking about how they play, since that's wildly subjective, I'm talking about their attributes full stop. Flanagan would be fine if he actually had only potential, but it's the fact that he has a high PA and a pretty ridiculous CA as well that makes him overrated. Johnson, no matter when you get rid of him, is ridiculously overrated for his (lack of) real life quality. Skrtel is better than top Prem CBs like Cahill despite being objectively worse both individually and performance wise in real life, as is Sakho. Coutinho is a good player but he's ridiculous in this FM.

You've only had Coutinho, Johnson, Flanagan, Suso and Skrtel for one season? News to me.

But this isn't the '***** about how OP Liverpool are' thread, and nor is it the '***** about how I think United are OP' thread either. So enough, I think, from everyone.

Strange that you should say that, how long have United being underperforming for again?

I only see RVP as maybe slightly overrated but he's had fitness problems throughout his run of poor form, only just getting back to his usual self so it's justified to keep him at the same level.

Strange that you should say that, how long have United being underperforming for again?

I only see RVP as maybe slightly overrated but he's had fitness problems throughout his run of poor form, only just getting back to his usual self so it's justified to keep him at the same level.

You are right, of course, but past this post I'm going to be deleting anything off topic.

I'm not talking about how they play, since that's wildly subjective, I'm talking about their attributes full stop. Flanagan would be fine if he actually had only potential, but it's the fact that he has a high PA and a pretty ridiculous CA as well that makes him overrated. Johnson, no matter when you get rid of him, is ridiculously overrated for his (lack of) real life quality. Skrtel is better than top Prem CBs like Cahill despite being objectively worse both individually and performance wise in real life, as is Sakho. Coutinho is a good player but he's ridiculous in this FM.

Fair enough but I was going on about how they play rather than individual attributes. If I thought that then I would've stated each United players name rather than just the United name in general.

Maybe I'm just **** with Liverpool. lol

I don't think Man Utd are that over rated. They do have Di Maria, Falcao, Mata, Rooney, RVP. Thats 5 world class players. Then they have a 60+million budget. Easy enough to sort out the weaknesses.

Anyways, First season I won the title with Man Utd quite convincing. Think it was 20 point lead.
Bought in Cuadrado, Sami Khedira and Eder Alvarez Balanta. I also bought in James Ward-Prowse during the winter.

Last edited:
Ive been having serious freezing issues almost every match. Had to start new save 3 times so much with utd. Am i the only kne?