The npower Football League Thread.

****** ****. Wasn't expecting that. That's what you call a fairytale/upset

****** ****. Wasn't expecting that. That's what you call a fairytale/upset

They were playing Villa, to be fair.

Bradford have beaten more PL teams this season than QPR.

They were playing Villa, to be fair.

Bradford have beaten more PL teams this season than QPR.

Valid point. I was expecting a close, tight match. Just wasn't expecting Villa to be on the receiving end of a loss. But well done Bradford-be a welcome cash boost for them

I watched the game and after the first half I was expecting Villa to slaughter Bradford mercilessly - only a handful of good stops by their keeper kept them in the game. But whatever was said at half time seems to have worked because their second half was much improved. It was a gritty, backs-to-the-wall performance through most of the game but for some 20-25 minutes in the second half you could even argue that Bradford dominated. Impressive performance overall, but I really liked Zavon Hines' performance in particular. Sloppy at times, yes, but he showed a lot of endeavour to win the ball back, and left a few glimpses of quality as well. After a bright start to his career he slipped down the football league one tier at a time, which was a shame, and while he'll probably never be a star he seems to have found his feet at Bradford and if he's lucky he might just make it back to the PL at some point. He's only 24 so he's got time on his side.

Very pleased for Phil Parkinson as well. He had a tough time of it at Charlton, effectively having to clean up Pardew's considerable mess with absolutely no finds and a decent-at-best bunch of players. Still he guided us to the playoffs and even spent some of his own money to bring in a player on loan. The guy did his utmost in a difficult period and he deserves the success he's getting now.

Huddlesfield sack Simon Grayson

Oh ffs lol. The championship is getting ridiculous. Chairman these days just have no idea. Just ignore the fact that Grayson took them from league 1 playoff contenders to comfortable championship safety.

A few decent managers in need of work floating around now.

Oh ffs lol. The championship is getting ridiculous. Chairman these days just have no idea. Just ignore the fact that Grayson took them from league 1 playoff contenders to comfortable championship safety.

A few decent managers in need of work floating around now.

Think it's to do with the fact the club entered freefall-1 win in last 14. I do agree though recently it's become ridiculous- as bad the Prem at times-in some cases worse. But, if the money isn't reaching the Championship as it should, and the fans aren't showing up becasuse of such poor form, I suppose in this case I can sort of see why it happened. I don't totally agree with it, but I guess there's arguments for both sides.

Watford will either win the play-offs or get automatic promotion. Trust me away from home they are unstopable and at home they are on fire. Nobody can stop Vydra and Deeny atm

Watford will either win the play-offs or get automatic promotion. Trust me away from home they are unstopable and at home they are on fire. Nobody can stop Vydra and Deeny atm

I hope not- worst bunch of divers and cheaters I've seen for many a year. Impossible to predict this division with so long to go anyway.

I hope not- worst bunch of divers and cheaters I've seen for many a year. Impossible to predict this division with so long to go anyway.

What team do you support and what Watford players have you seen dive this season?

What team do you support and what Watford players have you seen dive this season?

Charlton. There were at least 5 who were constantly play-acting against us, but I seem to remember Forrestieri (sp), Geijo and Neuton being the worst. One player even got sent off for diving in the home game but it was worse at Vicarage road.

The only possible dive I can think off at the Vic would be for the penalty. (Which wasent actually a dive at all)

Big Eck has gone from forest, can't say I'm too surprised after the transfer shenanigans.

Big Eck has gone from forest, can't say I'm too surprised after the transfer shenanigans.

WTF. What is that, like 4 games?! It was a poor appointment in the first place, but they should never have got rid of O'Driscoll. Feel for the fans tbh.

WTF. What is that, like 4 games?! It was a poor appointment in the first place, but they should never have got rid of O'Driscoll. Feel for the fans tbh.

yeah bit of a joke really, forest bit of a laughing stock right now especially not signing george boyd on eyesight grounds think that was the straw that broke the camels back

Port Vale will be gaining promotion to League One soon enough, a massive turnaround from last season.

Watford are in top form atm. Really think we can get 2nd place. Hopfully push Cardiff for 1st place but that would take some doing.