The npower Football League Thread.

He seems to divide opinion. Some believe him to be a top manager, including a lot of chairman. I doubt he will have to wait long for another job. And I believe he was pretty popular with the Bolton fans. If the new man doesn't hit the ground running Gartside could come in for some stick.

I think he's a good manager personally, but not sure if Prem level-yet. From what what's been read, there's definately more criticism aimed towards the chairman and the players. Apparently the players assumed that it would be a walk in the park and would return to the prem at first time of asking (which is always a huge mistake as it's such a tough league). Though I can't say as I haven't seen them play so would be unfair of me to be critical based on what i hear. I'd expect someone like Phil Brown to take over maybe or McCarthy

I think he's a good manager personally, but not sure if Prem level-yet. From what what's been read, there's definately more criticism aimed towards the chairman and the players. Apparently the players assumed that it would be a walk in the park and would return to the prem at first time of asking (which is always a huge mistake as it's such a tough league). Though I can't say as I haven't seen them play so would be unfair of me to be critical based on what i hear. I'd expect someone like Phil Brown to take over maybe or McCarthy

McCarthy is the bookies' favourite. But he's no more proven than McCarthy. If that's true about the players a new manager might be just what they need to get them to focus. Especially if it's a manager who knows how to get out of the division and will earn the immediate respect of the players a la Big Sam or Neil Warnock. There's not many of those around however.

McCarthy is the bookies' favourite. But he's no more proven than McCarthy. If that's true about the players a new manager might be just what they need to get them to focus. Especially if it's a manager who knows how to get out of the division and will earn the immediate respect of the players a la Big Sam or Neil Warnock. There's not many of those around however.

Agreed. And some fans mentioned getting Big Sam. What manager would drop down a division to manage a team 4th from bottom though? Very few-if any. I would definately give McCarthy a shot or Brown. Pretty much don't have that much to lose now as by the looks of it it's going to be a rebuilding season now

Eddie Howe rejoins Bournemouth, leaving Burnley manager-less. Surely not Coyle back to Burnley? I doubt it but you never know. Or he may end up at Blackburn.

Sean Dyche takes over as Burnley manager. Good appointment, that.

And Mick McCarthy in advanced talks with Ipswich re: job.

And good night for Npower league with Leeds, Middlesborough and Bradford (pens) going through.

And Mick McCarthy in advanced talks with Ipswich re: job.

And good night for Npower league with Leeds, Middlesborough and Bradford (pens) going through.

Given who was available they couldn't have hoped for too much better. Curbishley and Billy Davies arguably better managers but have been out of the game a while.

Mark McGhee sacked. Seemed a good appointment at the time!

Has anyone got a defender or four we can borrow??? Ours are all *****, Cureton's scoring for fun, but the fact that the defense seem fairly keen to give goals away is making it look a wee bit pointless. Currently 3-1 down at home to Oxford. First time I can ever remember us being this much better at home than away, 12 points at home compared to 22 away.

Havent posted on this thread for a while!
Today seems like a good time to do so sitting pretty top of the Championship at 5 points clear!
Could it finally be Cardiffs year?

Notts Forest sack their manager when they're 1 point off the top 6. Seems a bit harsh tbh

Notts Forest sack their manager when they're 1 point off the top 6. Seems a bit harsh tbh

Wow, harsh indeed. I'd take O'Driscoll in a heartbeat if we didn't have Powell.

Henning Berg also sacked by Blackburn. Steve Kean not looking so bad now haha.

Yesterday we sacked Carl Fletcher, after just 1 win in 15 matches.

It was the correct decision however I have to give a masssive thank you to Carl Fletcher- A loyal servant to this football club as player, captain and manager- He was proud to represent Plymouth Argyle, when he was on the pitch he shown so much passion, and as manager he kept us in the Football League against all odds- He went months without pay when we were in administration, and when he was captain, rejected offers from Championship clubs to stay. He tried his hardest to succeed as manager, and things just haven't worked out for him this season- However, he had the balls to speak to the media after his sacking, and you could see how gutted he was- Breaking down in tears. If we get a manager with half the class and dignity of Carl Fletcher, we'll be lucky.

As for his replacement- Keith Hill is the bookies favourite at the moment, would be a fantastic appointment.

My team Portsmouth v Walsall tonight live on sky sports feels like a century since we last won i predict a 3-1 win for the blue army Paul Benson to score 2 and Lee Williamson to pop up with a goal PUP!!!

Michael Appleton leaves Blackpool after just 9 weeks to join Blackburn. Last few weeks since boxing day has just been crazy for championship managers. Also Bristol City appoint Sean O'driscoll. Good appointment, that, but I'm not sure he will be able to save them from relegation.

Appleton wasn't especially good at Portsmouth, he was just loyal to them, not much more. 8 draws out of 12 games isn't inspiring either.
Been some good appointments lately other than that though, Sheridan to Plymouth is a great appointment as is O'Driscoll to Bristol City, i think they will both keep their respective clubs up.
As for my rovers... John Ward the cult hero comes back to try and save us yet again, hope he manages to. we need a center half, a full back who can defend (bye bye paterson) and a striker who knows where the goal is. If we get that we should stay up comfortably.

WELL DONE!!!!, Bradford City for reaching the Capital One Cup Final at Wembley.