Luarez

Reaction score
The Obscure World Tour

View attachment 357016

I've been getting bored of FM lately, bored of doing the same old saves with the same old teams...
It's time to mix it up a little and try something different, hence the title.
The aim of this is to manage in many different countries, picking up trophies along the way and building up a knowledge of obscure footballing countries.
These are the countries I have loaded up so far...

(If you want to manage in a certain country, suggest it down below)

View attachment 357015

FK Sarajevo

View attachment 357014

FK Sarajevo are based in Sarajevo, the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina and is considered one of the most popular supported clubs in the country.
The club's main rival is FK Zeljeznicar, the rivalry stems around the fact that the two clubs originate from two opposing backgrounds, with FK Sarajevo having strong links with the elite and political class and
FK Zeljeznicar have firm working class roots.

Pre-Season

View attachment 357009

As i mentioned before, there's literally no money to spend so we relied on finding free transfers with low wages. Luckily we found a few players who could improve our squad, but generally it was very tough to find players and we maxed out our wage budget...

View attachment 357012

Yeah so not much went on in the transfer window, but we brought in three players that will go straight into the first team and hopefully push us to the league title.
I loaned out Jetvic purely for him to get some football, he's not in my plans this season so it was the best move.
Anyway here's the pre-season results...

View attachment 357010

So, inevitably the club has literally no money to spend.
However, the squad is rather strong and the media have predicted a 2nd placed finish for us.
Here's the lineup/tactic...

View attachment 357013

Not much to go on here, however we played really well against Hadjuk who are clearly a level above us and we were unlucky to go out.
Beating Pescara was probably the highlight of the pre-season.

I'll be doing half year updates, the aim is to win the league and as many cups as we can and then move on to a different country. So if you want to see me manage in a certain country
then just leave a suggestion :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Story Achievements

FK Sarajevo
View attachment 352737
2014 - BH Telecom Premijer Liga - 1st, Kup Bosne i Hercegovine - Winners, Europa League - Second Qualifying Round.

ASEC Mimosas

View attachment 352735

2014 - Ligue 1 - Winners , Coupe Houphouët-Boigny - Runners Up

2015 - Ligue 1 - Winners, Coupe Houphouët-Boigny - Winners, CAF Champions League - Winners , Coupe de Côte d'Ivoire de football - Third Round

Wuhan

View attachment 352733

2016 - Chinese League Two - Winners, Chinese FA Super Cup - 4th Round.

2017 -
Wanda Plaza Super League - Winners, Chinese FA Super Cup - Winners

Last edited:
For anyone interested in this story, would you prefer monthly updates or half-year updates?

July and August

View attachment 356977

I decided to post this as a bi-monthly update rather than the usual monthly updates, July only had two matches so it makes sense to merge it with August.
The first month consisted of me getting to know the team and the league which we're competing in, here's our fixtures for the first two months...

View attachment 356976

Before I get into the matches we played this month, we made a new signing which i felt would add more quality and depth to the center of midfield. (Loving the beard)

View attachment 356971

Velez Mostar vs FK Sarajavo (28/7/13) League

View attachment 356975

Before I started this match I went and looked at their squad and media prediction, I quickly realized that Velez Mostar were a mid-table team.
We were massively wasteful with our shots in this game, to have 28 shots and only get 7 on target is poor, I felt while not controlling the possession we looked dangerous on the break and we should of easily won the game with the chances we created.
In summary, it was a poor start to the campaign considering our opponents quality and our wastefulness in front of goal.
Man Of The Match - Dzakmic

FK Sarajevo vs Siroki Brijeg (31/7/13) League

View attachment 356974

We started this match dreadfully, two defensive mistakes led to two goals and i started to worry we were going to get off to a very bad start in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
However, after the first two goals we completely outplayed them and quickly took the lead with three well-worked goals before half-time.
In the second-half we continued to create chances but just couldn't put them away, fortunately for us they didn't pose any defensive problems as we kept possession fairly well.
Man Of The Match - Blatnjak

Leotar vs FK Sarajevo (3/8/13) League

View attachment 356973

This match was the complete opposite to the previous one, we started well and ended the match very shakily.
Nemanja Bilbija and Sulejman Krpic ensure we took a seemingly comfortable three goal lead going into half-time, only for Leotar to pull back two goals fairly late on and give us a nervous last 15 minutes luckily we held out and took the 3 points.
Man Of The Match - Bilbija

FK Sarajevo vs Borac (BL) (10/8/13) League

View attachment 356972

This match was worryingly similar to us, once again we took a seemingly three goal lead comfortable lead only to be pulled back late on and given a nervous late few minutes to hold on which we accomplished.
On a positive note, i was quickly realizing that our team can easily create chances going forward which is a encouraging sign for the season ahead.
However, we seemed poor defensively which meant I switched our focus in training to a Defensive one in a hope that we would plug the gaps being left at the back.

Celik vs FK Sarajevo (17/8/13) League

View attachment 356970

I was very happy with this scoreline, our training focus had seemed to pay-off with us keeping our first clean sheet of the season and it also not affecting our attacking capabilities.
This game was fairly uneventful, however there was one standout moment with Biblija scoring arguably our goal of the month.
Man Of The Match - Biblija

Vitez vs FK Sarajevo (24/8/13) League

View attachment 356969

How we only scored two goals in beyond me, 32 shots is incredible and to only score two goals is really poor.
We made the game a lot tougher than it should of been with our wasteful finishing and it looked like we were going to draw before Bibilja saved us with a great headed goal.
Man Of The Match - Bibilja

FK Sarajevo
vs Olimpica (28/8/13) League

View attachment 356968

We never looked in trouble during this match despite only having a one-goal lead for the majority of the match, we defended well and restricted them to only a handful of sightings on goal.
Although our discipline during this game was dreadful as we picked up 5 bookings meaning 3 of our back four would be missing for the next game.

Sarajevo
vs Slavija (31/8/13) League

View attachment 356967

Most disappointing game so far, for the first time our squandering of copious amounts of chances came back to haunt us as we received our first dose of FM bullshit.
We should never have lost this game, Slavija are towards the bottom of the league and with us being at home and having a good start to the league I thoroughly expected us to take the 3 points.

Man Of The Match - Kovacevic

We couldn't of really asked for a better start to our time in Bosnia and Herzegovina, this kind of form if kept up will no doubt win us the league in our first season.
Hopefully next months we can improve our both our proficiency in front of goal and making sure we keep our concentration right up until the whistle to avoid us conceding late goals.
Here's the League table...

View attachment 356966

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to this post being exceptionally long, i'll post Goal Of The Month and Player Of The Month separately so the post doesn't look too cluttered.
My other monthly posts will be shorter and hopefully quicker and easier to read.​

Goal Of The Month and Player Of The Month

Just two little features i'd like to add this story in order to make it more enjoyable for you to read :)

So here is our Goal Of The Month for August....
(Sorry for the poor quality, it will be improved in the next update)

[video=youtube;x2cDP50vG1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2cDP50vG1o[/video]

Here's our Player Of The Month....

View attachment 356965

6 goals in 8 games is a great return, more impressively though he scored the goals at crucial times in matches especially in one game as he scored a late headed winner.
He also scored our Goal Of The Month with a well struck free-kick.

Been an silent reader on here for ages, glad you've come back with another story.
I'll be following.

September

View attachment 356939

I was looking to carry out great form from the previous months into this one, we played a lot less games meaning the squad would be in better condition.
A match against our biggest rivals also took place this month.

Mladost (VO) vs FK Sarajevo (14/9/13) League

View attachment 356938

We completely dominated this match and should have had a lot more goals, our shoot on sight policy means we also record a large amount of shots on goal.
Mladost didn't cause us any problems at all, I was however disappointed that we had to wait till late in the second-half for us to get the goals we deserved.
Man Of The Match - Nadarevic

FK Sarajevo vs Siroki Brijeg (18/9/13) Cup

View attachment 356937

Our first cup match, obviously i'll be looking to win it so this was a great start.
Once again we should of scored more goals, but i'm quickly getting used to the fact that the quality of finishing is pretty poor.
Another clean sheet was good to see though.
Man Of The Match - Tatomirovic

FK Serajevo vs Zeljeznicar (22/9/13) League

View attachment 356936

Probably the biggest game of our season, our biggest rivals at home.
Losing the two goals late was a horrible blow, we just completely switched off and in hindsight I should of set the team to completely 'park the bus' in the latter stages.
On a positive note, we outplayed our biggest rivals statistically, just a shame that our shaky defense let us down once again especially so late on.
Man Of The Match - Tadejevic

Zvijezda vs FK Serajevo (28/9/13) League

View attachment 356935

Probably the first game where we deserved to get beat, we were second best throughout the match.
We conceded way too many fouls and they capitalized on that by scoring two goals from set-pieces.
They caused us problems nearly every time they got the ball, we gave it away it far too cheaply and they caught us on the break regularly.
Man Of The Match - Osmanagic

After a brilliant start, this month brought a more mixed bag of results as we progressed through the cup but failed to beat our rivals Zeljeznicar and were outplayed by Zvijezda.
However we still sit at the top of the table...

View attachment 356934

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goal Of The Month

Only four games this month and therefore not many goals to choose from, although we still managed to pick a great goal scored by our Right-Back Tatamirovic who's slowly becoming a favourite of mine as he bombs down the wing.

[video=youtube;D2dlVEUbwKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2dlVEUbwKw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Player Of The Month

A rather unspectacular month for player performances as we had a more mixed bag of results, no-one really stood out massively among the rest but nerveless we still made a choice.
He produced consistently good performances throughout the month unlike the others who were up and down.

View attachment 356929

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading :), any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
If there's any silent readers please let me know, would be great to see how many people are interested in this save/story :)

Try getting each team you go too into the continental tournaments then move on? Enjoying the save though will be reading :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try getting each team you go too into the continental tournaments then move on? Enjoying the save though will be reading :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some will be impossible to take to the continental competitions, i'll just be trying to win a lot of different trophies in a lot of different countries. If at one-point I find a team strong enough to go for the continental competitions then i'll try for it.

October

View attachment 356789

Looking at this month, I wanted to get back to consistently winning matches as we approach the half-point of the season.
Here's the fixtures for October...

View attachment 356784

FK Sarajevo vs Rudar (PR) (2/10/13) League

View attachment 356781

We made this game much harder for ourselves than it should of been, we peppered there goal all game and we left it very late to get the goals we needed to take the 3 points.
A touch of managerial genius from myself as my two substitutes got the two goals ;)
I've also realized that our shoot on sight tactic makes us look a lot more wasteful than we actually are, in fact most of the shots were taking our from long-range.

Man Of The Match - Krpic

Travnik vs FK Sarajevo (5/10/13) League

View attachment 356766

This match was just pure madness, it was just end-to-end all game.
I just thought we were having one of them games were we kept getting pegged back every time we took the lead, luckily we took the lead and further consolidated our lead really late on.
This League is definitely susceptible to this kind of game due to the fairly poor standard of defending.

FK Sarajevo vs Zrinjski (19/10/13) League
View attachment 356756

To have 31 shots with only 43% possession is a bit mental, this team really baffles me.
I'd say the game was fairly equal and a draw was a fair result, although we once again gave away a lead.
We've been working on defensive positioning in training but it doesn't seem to be working, maybe a change in formation will do the job.
Man Of The Match - Blatjnak

FK Serajevo
vs Sloboda (NG) (23/10/13) League

View attachment 356748

Probably the most one sided statistics I've ever seen on FM14, and to only win 2-0 with the goals coming in the second-half as well is insane.
Sloboda are also a Division below us as well, so we really should of been scoring more goals.
Seeing the side create chances like this is encouraging though.
Man Of The Match - Tatomirovic

FK Sarajavo vs Radnik (26/10/13) League

View attachment 356741

Probably the first time we've actually deserved to lose this season, we were really lucky to escape with a draw and we wouldn't have but our keeper was in top form.
Usually our poor defending is usually masked by our attacking play, however in this game we just couldn't create clear-cut chances and relied on a penalty to get our goal.
Man Of The Match - Bandovic

This month was a much more positive one than September, as we went unbeaten and look like we'll progress to next round of the cup.
We're now at the half-way point of the season and we're still sitting on top of the table...

View attachment 356736

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goal Of The Month

Lot's of good goals to choose from this month unlike last month, we seemed to score a lot of long ranged goals this month and this one was the pick of the bunch in my opinion...

[video=youtube;g-bh1P-xsZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bh1P-xsZM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Player Of The Month

With this month being our more positive one, we had a few more players in contention for Player Of The Month.
However, with two man of the match awards and just great consistent performances all round I gave it to
Blatnak

View attachment 356735

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading :), any suggestions on how I could improve this story are welcomed.​

To explain you
We don't have second division, it is first league of Republika Srpska and first league of FBiH, and the winner of both earns promotion, btw make it harder for you, win every title in every country, start with Kozara ? :D

To explain you
We don't have second division, it is first league of Republika Srpska and first league of FBiH, and the winner of both earns promotion, btw make it harder for you, win every title in every country, start with Kozara ? :D
Thanks for the explaination, it was pretty confusing. I think i'll be moving on from Bosnia and Herzegovina after I've finished with Sarajevo

Yeah we are pretty stupid league xD
+ these players at Kozara don't exist
If you can you can try to win every trophy at every country, maybe more fun ? :D