July 2019

View attachment 345138
Strangely our season starts in the Copa Chile Group Stage, It's a little bit weird for a domestic cup to have a group stage.
It will take me a while to gauge the quality of the teams we're playing, hopefully we can build up a bit of momentum in the Copa Chile so we can go into the league campaign with high spirits.
Here's the fixtures...

View attachment 345135

Unión Española vs Coquimbo Unido (3/7/19) Copa Chile Group D

View attachment 345134

What a great way to start our spell at Coquimbo, we're we exceptional going forward which is what i've come to expect from the team I manage.
I'm sure we'll get even better once the players fully familiarize themselves with the tactic and the roles they all have within it
Man Of The Match - Brian Bisbal

Coquimbo Unido vs Santiago Wanderers (7/7/19) Copa Chile Group D

View attachment 345090

Another stunning win, I expected us to be good but we're just blowing some teams that are apparently meant to be better than us away.
Another trait of my teams is quick-starts and this was evident in this game, we effectively ended the game within 23 minutes.
Man Of The Match - Benjamin Mardones

La Serena vs Coquimbo Unido (14/7/19) Copa Chile Group D

View attachment 345088

Just one of them frustrating matches, we controlled the match and created a bucket-load of chances but it just wouldn't fall our way.
Brian Bisbal is starting to look like he'll be a important player for us, hopefully he carry on scoring goals.
I'm sure if we keep up this level of performance though then we're going to do very well in Chile.

Santiago Wanderers vs Coquimbo Unido (17/7/19) Copa Chile Group D

View attachment 345079

Incredible win against all the odd's, I really though we're in for a battering after we conceded the penalty and went down to 10 men.
I honestly couldn't believe the reaction to it though, firstly actually saving the penatly and then going on to fully control the match and get ourselves two well-worked goals.
Funnily enough though, we appealed the red-card and it got rescinded, first time that's ever happened for me.
Man Of The Match - Damian Panzariello

Coquimbo Unido vs Unión Española (21/7/19) Copa Chile Group D

View attachment 345076

Not much we could do about this loss, we performed well enough but when a opposition player has a stormer of a game you just have to accept it and move on.
The performances are defintiely there, if luck is on our side then we're going to easily win a lot of matches this season.
Man Of The Match - Ricardo Barrios

Coquimbo Unido vs La Serena (24/7/19) Copa Chile Group D

View attachment 345074

We do it again, we looked all but beaten once our keeper was sent off but we rallied around with ten men and managed to pull of a sensational win.
Our ability to keep the ball that well with just ten men is amazing, really happy with this win as it see's us top the group and qualify for the next stage.
Man Of The Match - Jamaica

Coquimbo Unido vs Universidad Católica (28/7/19) Primera Division

View attachment 345071

My success in this save never fails to surprise me, Universidad Católica finished second last year and we've just played them off the park while being a newly-promoted team with a relatively new squad.
This win really does bode well for the rest of the season, especially with us keeping a clean sheet against such a strong team in this division.
Man Of The Match - Rodrigo Bustos
What a great start to our time at Coquimbo Unido, we are looking very strong, much stronger than I expected.
Qualifying from that group with such ease really pleases me, and the win against Universidad Católica is really, really encouraging and gives me belief that we can be very competitive this season as I hope to push for qualifictation to the Copa Libertadores.
Here's a look at how our group ended up and an early look at the league table...

View attachment 345069

View attachment 345065

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goal Of The Month

[video=youtube;GBtZKsBiDvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBtZKsBiDvo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Great run, I really liked the finish as he cut inside and smashed into the corner.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 345061

He really showed a lot of promise this month, he can be a really important player for us.
However as we brought in Bo Jiangshan right at the end of the month we're going to have a place in the team for both of them as I really don't want any of them to be sitting on the bench.

So glad Bo Jiangshan is back! Hope he shines again for you

August 2019

View attachment 344676

I really like months like these, we get a good period to rest and train in between games meaning we should be at our strongest during matches.
These are the kind of months where we definitely look to kick-on in the season and get some points on the board.
Here's the fixtures...

View attachment 344675

Universidad de Chile vs Coquimbo Unido (2/8/19) Primera Division

View attachment 344674

Cracking performance, can't believe we beat the current Champions with such ease especially away from home.
We looked like we've always been in this division, when in fact we're a newly-promoted division.
Rodrigo Bustos was another level, he pulled the strings for us and was involved in every goal even winning the penalty.

Coquimbo Unido vs Everton (CHI) (11/8/19) Primera Division Open

View attachment 344673

After our performance against Unversidad de Chile I was fairly disappointed with how played in this match, we really scraped the win and we're lucky not to concede on numerous occasions.
Nevertheless winning when we're not at our best is something we'll have to many times this season, this performance shows we can do that and keep battling right to the end.
Man Of The Match - Rafael Foster

Cobreloa vs Coquimbo Unido (18/8/19) Primera Division Open

View attachment 344672

Crazy match, really though we had lost the game when we're two goals downs but the fight-back was incredible.
We have to once again give a lot of credit to Rodrigo Bustos, his performance was amazing getting a hat-trick and a assist, he basically won the game on his own for us.

Coquimbo Unido vs Audax Italiano (25/8/19) Primera Division Open

View attachment 344671

What a performance this was, I really thought we'd struggle once Bo Jiangshan and Panzariello got early injuries but Brian Bisbal came off the bench and put in a match-winning performance.
The quality of goal we scored in this match was really good as well, it will will really help me in choosing a goal of the month :)

O'Higgins vs Coquimbo Unido (31/8/19) Primera Division Open

View attachment 344670

This win really shows our squad depth, to put in a performance like this when missing Bo Jiangshan, Panzariello and Rodrigo Bustos is really encouraging for me.
I really though we may get our first loss in this game, but they proved me wrong in style, Jorge Lagues has really put pressure on me to start giving him some more time on the pitch.
Man Of The Match - Jorge Lagues

Really enjoyed this month, each match was really different and really exciting.
Also for a newly-promoted team to come into the top-tier and win their first six matches is unheard of, it really illustrates how well we did in the transfer window without spending too much money either.
Here's the League Table...

View attachment 344669

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goal Of The Month

[video=youtube;hVmOWuiqIdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmOWuiqIdw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

What an incredible strike this was, hitting across the ball on the half-volley like that is just great technique.
Easily one of the better goals I've seen.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 344668

He could of only played twice this month and still won Player Of The Month, them two performances against Unversidad de Chile and Cobreloa were just immense as we scored 9 goals in them two matches and he was involved directly in 8 of them.

Last edited:
Won't be able to update today, definitely be able to update tommorow though