I like how you're doing a save with our (Cardiff's) affiliates. Never seen a save in this country so it would be nice to see how it goes!
Yeah I did a little research on them and it seems like Vincent Tan owns them now haa.

Next update will be up a bit later, watching Liverpool's pre-season match at the moment.

Going to be a long update this next one, might take a while to write.

April and May

View attachment 356326

We're coming into the last two months of this season now, with the league look wrapped up for us I was looking at keeping my preferred 11 for the important cup matches.
With the first leg of the semi final going particularly we were looking to consolidate that performance in the second leg and reach the final.
After looking at the structure of the Cup, i found out that the final is two legs which is strange.
Here's the fixtures for April and May... (going to be a long one this :))

View attachment 356324

Slobado Tuzlo vs FK Sarajevo (2/4/14) Cup

View attachment 356323

Bit of a poor performance from us, luckily for us our good first leg performance meant that we were never really in any trouble and always looked like we'll progress into the final.
We were decent defensively and I was disappointed not to see us keep a clean sheet after conceding a stupid own goal in the last minutes of the match.
Man Of The Match - Hrgovic

Zeljeznicar vs FK Sarajevo (5/4/14) League

View attachment 356322

Very important win this, it basically wrapped up the league title and do it away to our big rivals is great accomplishment for us.
Unusually we were completely outplayed, and we relied on our defense to keep us in the game which they did greatly.
I set us up to counter after realizing we were looking the weaker team, we then soaked up all the pressure and hit them on the counter effectively and nicked a winning goal.
Man Of The Match - Nadarevic

FK Sarajevo vs Zvijezda (12/4/14) League

View attachment 356321

Although we have already got the league wrapped up, I still wanted to end the season strongly and this loss was disappointing especially when we created so many chances to score.
We may have started off a little complacently which saw us concede two goals, we then started to play with a little more urgency but we just couldn't pull it back.
Man Of The Match - Travancic

Rudar (PR)
vs FK Sarajevo (19/4/14) League

View attachment 356316

Nice to see us bounce back well after a disappointing loss to Zvijezda, it basically just felt like another routine win as we controlled possession and carved out a lot of openings on goal which we converted well.
Man Of The Match - Osmanagic

FK Sarajevo vs Travnik (26/4/14) League

View attachment 356311

Really unlucky to lose this match, to have 14 shots on target and to lose 1-0 is really annoying.
Our strikers usually provide us with a lot of goals so it was disappointing to see us squander so many good opportunities in front of goal.
Although if we're going to have a bad game then this isn't the worst time to do it with the league title already in our hands.

Man Of The Match - Vuslijanin

FK Sarajevo vs Zrinjski (30/4/14) Cup Final First Leg

View attachment 356305

This result in the first leg really leaves the tie in the balance, it also means we have to go Zrinjski and get a goal which will make for an exciting second leg.
It was rather disappointing to concede two away goals especially with the second one being so late on, the two away goals leave us at a disadvantage looking forward to a second leg.

Zrinjski vs FK Sarajevo (3/5/14) League

View attachment 356304

We played a weakened team in this match as I looked to give some other players some minutes on the pitch, I though this match would be typical end of season match but it turned out to be a really good match with a lot of goals late on.
Man Of The Match - Vuslijanin

Radnik
vs FK Sarajevo (10/5/14) League

View attachment 356303

Really good match, after going 1-0 down we reacted really well and scored 4 great goals.
Great way to end our league campaign and add a bit of confidence going into the second leg of the final.

Zrinjski
vs FK Sarajevo (14/5/14) Cup Final Second Leg

View attachment 356302

Absolutely ecstatic! What a time to pull our best performance of the season.
I was expecting a really tough game, but we completely blew them away with fluid, quick and exciting attacking play.
This win see's us complete a League and Cup Double in our first season!!
Man Of The Match - Bibilja

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Season Summary

Probably the best season in FK Sarajevo's short history, to win a League and Cup double in our first season is really exciting and a great accomplishment.
It would of been great for us to have a little run in the Europa League but unfortunately we weren't quite strong enough to compete, with a lack of financial backing it's unlikely we'll realistically be able to compete in the Europa League.
So after a great first season, I'll be looking to move on to my country and try and replicate the success of this season!

Here is how the league table ended up...

View attachment 356300
It was a great season and we won it in the end with comfortable 8 point-gap, it's also pleasing to see us finish ahead of of our big rivals Zeljeznicar.

View attachment 356298

Player Of The Season

View attachment 356297

It could of gone to about 3 or 4 players as we had a great season, so it was a difficult choice to just pick one.
However, with 10 goals and 12 assists in 24 games I decided to give player of the season to Amer Osmanagic.

Goal Of The Season

[video=youtube;Cl6xfSHOLTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl6xfSHOLTY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So many good goals to choose from, but this one summed up our style of play with us passing it around midfield waiting for an opportunity to shoot at goal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time To Move On...

It's time to move on to our next country, hopefully we add some more trophies and make my biography a better read.

View attachment 356295

View attachment 356294

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, this update took me about an hour to write so any suggestion on how to improve the story are welcome :)

Awesome first season mate! Can't wait to see where your next job will be
By any chance will you be managing in England's lower leagues?

Awesome first season mate! Can't wait to see where your next job will be
By any chance will you be managing in England's lower leagues?
England isn't exactly obscure, so probably not sorry.

Great season mate. Looking forward to your next destination.

Next update will be out within an hour or so, it's a very interesting one indeed!

ASEC Mimosas

View attachment 356235

So here's the new club.
The job luckily became available after their manager took another job strangely at a lower positioned club in the same league.
The Ivory Coat season also ends a lot later than our's, so we can weirdly win the league with ASEC Mimosas within a few games as they're currently sitting in 2nd, one point behind the leaders with three games to go.
This makes their manager's decision to leave even stranger.
Although they were knocked out of the cup fairly early on so we'll definitely be doing a full season at ASEC Mimosas.

The Squad/Tactic

View attachment 356229

The squad looks fairly strong for this level, although there's a few position i'll look to strengthen in time for next season.
Here are the three players I've identified as our key players in the squad...

Jean-Jacques Bougouhi (ST)

View attachment 356224

He looks like he'll be our main goal scorer, very pacey and has some great key attributes for this level of football.
He has 12 goals in 21 games, hopefully he can carry that form into my first full season.

Mark Sekyere (CDM)

View attachment 356216

Incredibly athletic player, he's our best midfield player and i'll look for him to provide the energy and power within midfield and also look to break up the opponents attacks and play the ball off to more creative players.

Mohamed Wonkoye (AML)

View attachment 356207

First of all, great name.
He seems to be the team's main creative outlet, his technical stats are really good for this level just a shame he's isn't a little bit quicker. Hopefully he'll provide a lot of good service for Boughoui from the wing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Of Season Fixtures

We're in a bit of a strange situation which I didn't notice we'd be in, we've joined ASEC Mimosas with a great opportunity to win the league title
Here's the fixtures...

View attachment 356167

ASEC Mimosas vs JCA (14/6/14) League

View attachment 356165

We have our keeper to thank for this win, they caught us on the counter a few times and he pulled of some great saves.
Boughoui and Koffie showed signs of a partnership as they linked with each other for both their goals, we also dominated the possession which we often failed to do at FK Serajavo
Man Of The Match - Doumbia

USC Bassam vs ASEC Mimosa (21/6/14) League

View attachment 356168

Another top performance, Boughoui and Koffie showing once again their strong partnership and i'm sure they'll big players for us next season if we can keep hold of them.
Man Of The Match - Koffie

ASEC Mimosas vs Africa Sports (5/7/14) League

View attachment 356162

What an incredible start to our time at ASEC Mimosas, we blasted 3rd in the league away to take the League title on the last day as AFAD Djekanou slipped up.
Boughoui is proving to be an incredible player, hopefully we keep hold of him as there's a lot of interest in him unsurprisingly
So we're in an strangely good position having won two league titles in two different countries in the space of a few months
Man Of The Match - Boughoui

So as I mentioned before we took the league title on the last day, there's a lot me to try and win though as we've qualified for the African Champions League and also have another two Cup competitors to try and win.
Here's how the league table ended up...
View attachment 356160

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading, any feedback is appreciated :)

Pre-Season and Transfer Window

View attachment 356115

So we were given a decent transfer budget of 200k, the club's finances improved significantly because of the success of the team last season.

Here's who we decided to bring in to strengthen our team...

View attachment 356114

I took quite a long time to assess the squad and find where we were lacking real quality, my task was made very difficult because we are only allowed a maximum of 4 foreign players in the squad.
We also lost two of best players as they wanted to play for a bigger club, but i feel we replaced them quite well.

View attachment 356113View attachment 356112View attachment 356111View attachment 356110View attachment 356109View attachment 356108View attachment 356107

This is how our squad looks for the new season...

View attachment 356106

View attachment 356105

Also this is how we will will lineup for the season ahead, if anyone wants to try my tactic out then just ask and i'll upload it and give you a link...

View attachment 356104

The squad looks very strong when compared to others in the league, I fully expect us to mount a serious challenge for the title and hopefully we can impress in the African Champions League.

We also had a really good pre-season, which strangely saw us play some of our league opponents as they were really the only teams available to play due to our league starting a lot later than is usual for most other leagues.
Here's the results...

View attachment 356103

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank's for reading, any feedback on how I could improve this story or anything you want me to add or see is welcome :)

Bit of a mad situation to have one the league already haa, the new club seems great and I hope you can do well in the Champions League would be cool to see you win it

Bit of a mad situation to have one the league already haa, the new club seems great and I hope you can do well in the Champions League would be cool to see you win it
Yeah, the league's schedule is a lot different to most others so it's a bit strange.

A Few Interesting Facts About ASEC Mimosas!

View attachment 355804

Académie MimoSifcom

ASEC Mimosa's academy is described as the crown jewel of African Football, the Academy has produced numerous International players including Yaya Toure, Gervinho, Salomon Kalou and Didier Zokora

World Record Unbeaten Run

ASEC Mimosas holds the record for the longest unbeaten run in Football history, between 1989 and 1994 they went 108 games without loss ; four more than the unbeaten run of Steaua Bucharesti in the late 1980's

Most Successful Team In Ivorian Football

ASEC Mimosas are the most successful team in Ivorian Football, since 1948 the club have racked up 24 Cote D'ivoire Premier Divisions, 18 Cote D'Ivoire Cups and 1 CAF Champions League.

Coupe Houphouët-Boigny and October

View attachment 355720

With the season starting of with Ivory Coast's version of the Community Shield, we were looking to get of to a winning start and add another although minor trophy to our collection.
We were also looking to build up a bit of momentum in the League as we strive to be challenging for the league title.
Here's the fixtures....

View attachment 355718

ASEC Mimosas vs AFAD Djekanou (27/9/14) Coupe Houphouët-Boigny

View attachment 355717

This was a really tough game against the team that will probably contend with us for the league title, it's always horrible to lose on penalties but once we got there we totally bottled it and the quality of our penalties was awful.
Looking on the positive side though, we've proven we can create a lot of chances against the top sides in the league and have shown we'll be very competitive this season.
Man Of The Match - Zahoui

ASEC Mimosas
vs ASI Abengourou (4/10/14) Ligue 1

View attachment 355711

This was a really close, end to end game but luckily we were a little bit more clinical in-front of goal which lead to us scoring the winner.
In reality we should of been winning this game a lot easier than we did, we had home advantage and ASI Abengouro are a mid-table team.
Unfortunately we are looking a bit shaky defensively, we'll look to sort this out by tweaking our tactic and maybe focusing on our defensive positioning in training.
Man Of The Match - Pierre Kwizera

Sewe
vs ASEC Mimosas (18/10/14) Ligue 1

View attachment 355704

Glad to keep a clean sheet, it's early days but it's a promising sign that our little tactical tweak which see's our full-backs play a bit more of a defensive role is working.
Sewe are also one of the stronger teams in the league, so to see us completely outplay them is encouraging for the rest of the season.
Man Of The Match - Sekeyre

ASEC Mimosas
vs JCA (25/10/14) Ligue 1

View attachment 355701

Probably one of the more dominant performances we'll have this season, we didn't let them have a sniff at goal all game which is illustrated in that JCA didn't even register a shot on goal.
Pierre Kwizera was brilliant in this game, providing 2 goals and 2 assists.
Man Of The Match - Pierre Kwizera

A largely positive start to the first month of the season, I was a little disappointed that we didn't win the Coupe Houphouët-Boigny but we we put in a good performance which softened the blow.
Our league form looks to carrying over from ASEC Mimosas's previous season as we took maximum points, also beating Sewe away from home is a really good result
Here's a look at the league table at this early stage in the season...

View attachment 355695

Player Of The Month and Goal Of The Month

Player Of The Month

Really easy decision to make this month, he really stood out from the rest as he got 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games
Here's our Player Of The Month...

View attachment 355694

Goal Of The Month

Although we scored a good amount of goals this month, there was only really one that was worth of winning the Goal Of The Month
Here it is...

[video=youtube;DdJcz_wDiBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdJcz_wDiBQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

If there's anything extra you'd like to see me include in this story, extra screenshots, stats etc... then just let me know :)

Novemeber

View attachment 355644View attachment 355642

Another very short month, however this month still carries some importance due to the very big game against our league rivals AFAD Djekanou.
Taking a win against against our fellow league contenders will build confidence within the squad.
Here's the fixtures for this month...

View attachment 355643

ES Bingerville vs ASEC Mimosas (1/11/14) Ligue 1

View attachment 355641

Always know it's a great performance when you score 5 goals away from home, ES Bingerville are no pushovers within this league and to dominate the game against them is pleasing.
Also great to see our attacking players linking up and playing so well together.

ASEC Mimosas vs Denguele (8/11/14) Ligue 1

View attachment 355640

Another cracking performance from the team, we didn't give them a sniff at goal while also creating a lot of opportunities for ourselves.
Always love to see a clean sheet as well, it's really the cherry on top of a quality team performance.

AFAD Djekanou vs ASEC Mimosas (29/11/14)

View attachment 355638

Biggest win of the season so far, made even more special as we went down to 10 men very early on in the match.
Once Sekyere got sent off I though we were in trouble, therefore I set the team up to counter and they were no doubt going to put a lot of pressure on us.
We did greatly and hit them effectively and got the second goal, they scored late on but we hung on to get a very important win.

Another maximum point taking month, the win against AFAD Djekanou was a very important win as it put us top of the league by three points.
There was a 21 day break in between two of our games which was a bit strange, although it means are squad aren't suffering from fatigue resulting in less injuries
Here's the league table...

View attachment 355643

Goal Of The Month and Player Of The Month

Goal Of The Month

Although we only played three matches this month, we still had quite a lot of quality goals to pick from.
Here's the pick of the bunch...

[video=youtube;XUJt55xBEqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJt55xBEqU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Player Of The Month

Easiest decision we've had to make so far, he scored 6 goals in 3 matches including two very important goals against AFAD Djekanou.
Here's the player of the month...

View attachment 355626

Transfer Update

View attachment 645315

Just a quick little transfer update here for you as we've brought in two new players...

Dominique Gomis

So our player, Valentine Zougrana has been complaining about not getting first team football. i felt he wasn't playing well enough when I did give him a chance, so I kept on leaving him out of the team.
This has lead to him handing in a transfer request, so basically Gomis is his replacement...

View attachment 355601

Ekow Benson

We were lacking quality in the AMC role, I tried to rectify this situation before the season started but there wasn't much available.
This meant we had to play one of our strikers out of position in the AMC Role, fortunately we were offered Benson by his agent and he seems to be a good fit for our club...

View attachment 355600

The information bit on Asec Mimosas was cool to read, that unbeaten run is crazy! haa

The information bit on Asec Mimosas was cool to read, that unbeaten run is crazy! haa
Yeah it's pretty mad for me to stumble upon a club with the longest unbeaten streak in football history, thanks for continuing to follow my story dude