The OMGAWD Rooney signs new 5 year contract thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 16K
I don't understand what the extra wages will give him, apart from the ego boost of course. When you're earning £100k+ then what's the need for an increase? His current wages already set him and any kids up for life, so surely it's only greed that make him demand an increase.

I don't understand what the extra wages will give him, apart from the ego boost of course. When you're earning £100k+ then what's the need for an increase? His current wages already set him and any kids up for life, so surely it's only greed that make him demand an increase.

Well he can buy more ugly *** prostitutes now.

Well who wouldn't try and get as much money as they possibly can. If there is a chance i could earn more then i'd definitely do it. Plus i bet his agent got a nice little cut from that as well. lol.

I think the amount has got to be around 180,000 - 200,000. I get the feeling he would have carried out his move for anything less. A number of sources seem to be in agreement. I can't see it being 250,000 though. United simply couldn't afford it.

I think the amount has got to be around 180,000 - 200,000. I get the feeling he would have carried out his move for anything less. A number of sources seem to be in agreement. I can't see it being 250,000 though. United simply couldn't afford it.
looking at the last 3 sources it sounds like a basica wage of 150k, but with clauses and such pushing it to 180k plus, at any rate, its a huge wage. bbut certainly not 250k. we'd be hard pushed to make it 200k

Still dont think this is over

Some reports State,, that Wayne and Fergie made a united front in private to David gill, Which has lead to fergie having been promised an 60million transfer kitty for next summer?????

Some reports State,, that Wayne and Fergie made a united front in private to David gill, Which has lead to fergie having been promised an 60million transfer kitty for next summer?????

Yeah i read that but Wayne and SAF wont be that foolish to risk Rooney's hero status. We have even seen how far supporters went with death threats. So i think thats just a rumor

If that was a ploy, then OSCARS for SAF and Rooney/

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

looking at the last 3 sources it sounds like a basica wage of 150k, but with clauses and such pushing it to 180k plus, at any rate, its a huge wage. bbut certainly not 250k. we'd be hard pushed to make it 200k

I think including image rights he gets something over 200K, Not sure which one to trust.

Yeah i read that but Wayne and SAF wont be that foolish to risk Rooney's hero status. We have even seen how far supporters went with death threats. So i think thats just a rumor

If that was a ploy, then OSCARS for SAF and Rooney/

I still hate wayne, i dont think it was his aim when he was being a prat, but might of worked in our favour????

All this is speculation and rumours before Billy starts his anti United campaign. I am not saying it is true.

Wayne Rooney has signalled a desire to stay at Old Trafford by signing a new five-year contract worth £180,000-a-week
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/22/wayne-rooney-staying-manchester-united

I still hate wayne, i dont think it was his aim when he was being a prat, but might of worked in our favour????

All this is speculation and rumours before Billy starts his anti United campaign. I am not saying it is true.

It might work in our favor. Rumors that we have 60-100M kitty.

In other rumors that we have 2 done deals. All media/twitters are having fun time with rumors

In other rumors that we have 2 done deals. All media/twitters are having fun time with rumors

What players are these rumours?

already seen/posted that hence looking at the last 3 sources

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

i am so deeply sceptical about that. ill believe that when i see it spent

What players are these rumours?

Jordan Henderson and working on Benzema deal. But take this with bucket of salt. *Rumors*

I just hope transfer kitty news is true. Sneijder:wub:

I'll forgive you Wayne*

*just not quite yet you silly bald scouse **** (6)

already seen/posted that hence looking at the last 3 sources

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

i am so deeply sceptical about that. ill believe that when i see it spent

Re: the good news. Won't blog it because I'll get accused of "hit fishing" - something we definitely don't need after this week

#mufc have promised #Rooney investment in squad. Two players virtually done deals, one dependent on a forward - guess who - leavin

One big signing (not #Ronaldo ) to freshen up our midfield - not connected to #Giggs / #Scholes future - SAF has "huge kitty" on standby

That "huge kitty" by the way - after asking "more than £50m?" I was told "more than Ronaldo"
Rooney openly questioned the club's ambition when publicising his desire to leave Manchester United on Wednesday, but following meetings between the player, his representatives, Ferguson and chief executive David Gill, United announced on Friday that the striker had performed a sensational U-turn.
Rooney said: "I'm signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history."
It is understood that Rooney was reassured funds would be made available by the Glazer family, and that Ferguson could have a minimum of £100 million at his disposal, despite the burden of debt carried by the club as a result of the Americans' takeover.
Ferguson has often repeated his desire to find "value" in the transfer market but now he will have the funds to embark on a more ambitious transfer policy, and one that would rival the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City.
It is also understood that the prospect of joining Manchester City concerned the striker, and that he had few alternatives. Chelsea would not pay superior wages to those offered by United, Barcelona did not have the financial clout and Real Madrid were happy with the options already in their squad.
Rooney therefore took the decision to commit his future to United, where he will be paid a basic wage of £150,000 per week. However, if performance targets are met by the club then Rooney's wage could in effect reach £200,000.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=835140&sec=england&cc=4716

These are the rumors i was talking about. Even i wont believe till i see them at United.

Jordan Henderson and working on Benzema deal. But take this with bucket of salt. *Rumors*

I just hope transfer kitty news is true. Sneijder:wub:

You won't get Snejider, I wouldn't get excited.

Also, it wouldn't be smart to spend all this rumoured money considering your debt.

You won't get Snejider, I wouldn't get excited.

Also, it wouldn't be smart to spend all this rumoured money considering your debt.

Snejider hasnt signed a new contract, so i move from inter may not be too far away,

Sneijder's already said numerous times that any player would be idiotic to snub a move to manchester united, he stayed last summer due to respecting his current contract at Milan.. which isn't seeming to be improved any time soon

Back