The OMGAWD Rooney signs new 5 year contract thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 16K
Slightly off topic, i really didnt like rooney for what he did, held one of the most respected managers ever to ransom, but ian holloways speech made me lol so hard.

United have only offered him a new contract so that they can get more money for him. A player with 5 years left on his contract will sell for more money than with 18 months left.

Rooney will not be at United on February 1st.

Haha, unfortunately it is SAF 0 - 1 Rooney.

Rooney wanted a new contract. Man Utd. offered one and Fergie said take it or leave it.

Rooney then says he wants to leave, Fergie calls his bluff and says your free to go.

Rooney panics and accepts a 5-year-deal, being made by Fergie to apologize to fans and team-mates.

SAF 1-0 Rooney?

Premier League - Rooney deal 'worth £65 million'

Wayne Rooney's new contract at Manchester United has made him the highest-paid footballer in the world, according to newspaper reports.

The Sun and the Daily Mirror both report that the striker's new deal is worth £250,000 a week including bonuses and image rights - equivalent to £65 million over five years.
Rooney, who turns 25 on Sunday, now earns over £30,000 a week more than former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid, the next best-paid player in the world,

Premier League - Rooney deal 'worth £65 million'

Wayne Rooney's new contract at Manchester United has made him the highest-paid footballer in the world, according to newspaper reports.

The Sun and the Daily Mirror both report that the striker's new deal is worth £250,000 a week including bonuses and image rights - equivalent to £65 million over five years.
Rooney, who turns 25 on Sunday, now earns over £30,000 a week more than former team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid, the next best-paid player in the world,

Sun and Mirror enough said.

FACEPALM

Scott, I wouldn't be shocked if he was earning close to that figure. Why do you think there was a sudden U turn? It wasn't all down to SAF's words. United will more than likely make more than that each week on of replica shirts from rooney etc. So wouldn't be surprised.

Scott, I wouldn't be shocked if he was earning close to that figure. Why do you think there was a sudden U turn? It wasn't all down to SAF's words. United will more than likely make more than that each week on of replica shirts from rooney etc. So wouldn't be surprised.

I sincerely doubt they get £250,000 every week simply by selling shirts :S

Read so many saying it is 140 or 160K PW. No one knows whats the exact number.

Yahoo quotes the sun and mirror as sources anyway? :/

Failed

I just not going to take the contract from the newspapers or medai reports. They are just trying to sell newspaper and make up random bullshit.

its a 5 year 40million deal, which earns him about 155,000 before tax

Why i love to beileve you, can i just ask for a source to make all this bullshit shuddup
yeah mate give me a second, spotted it last night so will have to look throuogh my history

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

EDIT: i have two for you:

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...R_Man_Utd_Rooney_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer

5th paragraph

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/22/wayne-rooney-staying-manchester-united

the guardian gives a firgure of 180k, but the guradian more that most papers tend to be fairly on the ball with United, if there was any figure i was likely to believe it'd be theirs

Last edited:
Either way, we assume it's probably somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 p/w. Hefty sum.

To be honest, if you look at what players are earning at City, Madrid, Barca and Chelsea. I'm surprised Rooney waited until now to demand a payrise when he probably could of done it sooner.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_RdLGZ89uU&feature=topvideos"]YouTube - Ian Holloway's outburst on Wayne Rooney[/ame]

Ian Holloway says it all.....

Surely if Wayne Rooney is demanding more money.. thats less money that can be spent on "better players" for the future? :S

Back