The OMGAWD Rooneys leaving United thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-okenobi

Devilishly surreptitious.
Reaction score
The mirror is reporting that Wayne Rooney has halted contract talks with Man United possibly paving the way for a move away from Old Trafford, with Real Madrid being his most likely destination.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...g-shock-Real-Madrid-switch-article600191.html

I for one hope this is just more bullshit from the media, Rooney is by far my favourite striker since the days of King Eric and i would be gutted to see him leave. Although he's not hit anywhere near his form this season i have faith that he will return to the blistering form he had last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt it. Please don't Wayne, that's just stupid.

Hopefully his blue-collared and determined attitude will shine through and he will, in time, get over it.

John Terry did with his misdeameanours and I am ascertain that Rooney can replicate.

I personally don't think he'd leave. He does love Utd.

Either way I'm sure a thick scouse accent like his would be drastic speaking Spanish.

I cant personly see this as being true but this is football and you never know. Id quite happily swap Kalou for Rooney if your up for it Fergie haha. But in all seriousness he might be just seeing how much Utd want him and thats a risky game to play.

He's under contract at the moment and he's going through bad stuff personally, the Media is just looking for new attention for Rooney, he just needs to get on playing his football and the goals will come, his morale will go up and he'll sign a new contract.. he's always said "I will stay United for the length of time that they wan't me".. I don't see SAF wanting to get rid of him..

I see no quotes from Rooney, Fergie, or anyone else to do with Man Utd. Therefore, I don't believe it at all.

I see no quotes from Rooney, Fergie, or anyone else to do with Man Utd. Therefore, I don't believe it at all.
the only quote here is from Perez, and thats nothing new

i reckon his missus wants out of england and away from the media. he'll prob end up in madrid.

Maybe he had enough contract negotiations for the day and said. We will do this tomorrow. Or never...

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Ooh, Jose Mourinho has ruled out signings in January.

Panic time.

With all the media spot light on him, i was not surprised to see he has delayed talks. That doesnt mean he wont sign, just taking some more time or waiting for better deal. Heck even Vidic to Barca/Madrid was done deal according to tabloids, but we all know what happened then.

I heard if a deal was to be done then obviously their would be big money involved or Fergie would want Benzema in the deal. I know Fergie is a big fan of Benzema and wanted him before he went to Madrid, also Benzema is not settling well at Madrid and Jose is losing patience with him so this is an option im sure.

I think he will do well there but there is also a chance he won't always start, maybe if he goes benzema will come the other way? or maybe higuain? more likely benzema as he was linked before but we will see.

We'll trade Leon Best and James Perch for him, we did almost sign him before Man Utd nicked him... If you're extra nice we'll throw in Xisco too.

We'll trade Leon Best and James Perch for him, we did almost sign him before Man Utd nicked him... If you're extra nice we'll throw in Xisco too.

he would proberly be on less wages then them 3 also haha.

When did you almost sign him?! He only left Everton, cos you don't turn down the biggest club in the world. He wouldn't have left us for Newcastle, that's rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.