The OMGAWD Rooneys leaving United thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money isn't there. The money may have been there at some point, just to keep the supporters a bit happier regarding finances, but you can rest assured that it's now gathering interest safely and securely in Malcolm Glazer's personal account.

Your club has recently posted another enormous deficit, and you don't think that any money coming into the club will be used by the Glazer family just to keep the financiers happy with proceedings?

If you go out and spend anywhere near the amount you supposedly have in these accounts, then I'll sit up and take notice, but we both know it isn't going to happen. The reason for that is because you don't actually have that cash readily available.
actually the money is sitting in an account gathering 1.1% seemingly doing **** all. im well aware that the glazers can delve into it as i said about the 95 million for the PIKs.

Most sensible fans arent impressed or care about the figure becuase its not about what you have but what you can do with it LIke I said already, the money is there, whether we get to see it, or any potential money from a Rooney is yet to be determined. Gill keeps laying out that figure, Rooney essentially called out the Glazers and GIll over that figure. Interesting what comes out from the meeting today

Manchester United will be as strong ever without Wayne Rooney, says club legend Keane

Manchester United legend Roy Keane is confident the club will continue to prosper despite the expected loss of wantaway star Wayne Rooney.

Ipswich boss Keane spent 12 and a half years at Old Trafford, eight of them as captain, and won all the major honours before his departure in 2005.

He said: 'Don’t worry or lose any sleep over Manchester United. They will be fine. They will be as strong as ever.

Let’s not forget what a great, great club United is. They are an absolutely brilliant football club, probably one of the best in the world, without a shadow of doubt.

'I would say to any player who has a chance of signing for Manchester United 'You sign for them, absolutely'.

End of era: Rooney told United officials at the start of the season that he wanted to leave

'With the supporters they have and the manager, they will be fine. They are a brilliant, brilliant club and never forget that.'

Keane had earlier advised Rooney 'Look after number one' when it became apparent the current England star was looking to move elsewhere.

He added today: 'Players have opinions and if they want to leave, good luck to them, but Manchester United will do more than just survive.
'Will they still be able to attract the top players? Absolutely, and if a player ever asked me – and one or two have – about signing for United I would tell them 'Do it, you won’t regret it'.

'I loved every minute of every day playing for that club when I was there. I had chances to leave – many opportunities when my contract was running out and particularly when I was coming back from my cruciate ligament injury. It’s an amazing football club, but I can’t speak for Wayne.

'Players do now have a bit more say about what’s going on, of course they do, but when you are under contract it will be up to United when they sell him and what sort of value they put on him.

'But don’t lose any sleep over United – they will be as strong as ever.'

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3jaqIZ_LY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Ian Holloway Rooney Rant[/ame]

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Holloway believes the Bosman ruling of 1995, which allows players over the age of 24 to move for free at the end of their contracts, unfairly penalises clubs.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson this week confirmed Rooney has told the club he will not sign a new contract, meaning he can walk away for nothing when his current deal expires in the summer of 2012.
"I've got big problems with the people who are running football," Holloway said. "I know the reasons I think the game is in trouble and you cannot have a Bosman ruling they've got at the moment.
"Manchester United have helped Wayne Rooney's career massively on and off the field. The manager, the club itself, has invested in him. They bought him for massive amounts of money as a young man and they're helping him blossom into the player that he is.
"He's one of the best centre-forwards in the world, and if he sees his contract out he's going to be able to walk out of there for nothing. That's the people at the very top of the game's fault.
"Our rules were brilliant. If he was offered the same amount of money again, they could hold his registration and someone would have to pay the fair amount of money for him.
"Just because you're 24, what on earth has that got to do with it? It's just ludicrous. They have the power to change this straight away. What if he sits there for 18 months, throws tantrums, doesn't try, doesn't play, and someone's already said to him, 'We'll take you and we'll pay you some of that money we should have paid Manchester United because you can walk out on a free'?
"Do you want to sign a person like that? Do you want to play for a club that says that to you? How do we know it hasn't already happened? The game is wrong. The people in charge of the game are wrong. They are so wrong this is frightening.
"If Alex Ferguson is being bullied by a player and his agent, how wrong is the game? When are you (FIFA and UEFA) going to listen to the people who are involved in the game?
"They say it's not fair on the player. Rubbish. The player has had his wages every week. They bought him, they worked with him, he belongs to them. It's so obvious. The world should change if it's wrong and football should look at itself.
"I'm looking at Alex Ferguson and thinking: 'What a magnificent manager. How can he handle this?' How he feels about Manchester United, how proud he is, yet Wayne Rooney or his agent can now manufacture a situation like this."
It was Holloway's second rant about the rules of the game in a week after the Tangerines boss used his post-match press conference on Sunday to call for the introduction of video technology.
Holloway, who was serving a touchline ban and watched the game from the stand, was unhappy with a number of decisions in the 3-2 defeat by Manchester City that went against his side, but he praised Phil Dowd after revealing the referee had phoned him on Monday to discuss the decisions involved.
"The conversation I had with him, I've got so much respect for him now, but, at the time, it's affected the result," he said. "I'm not against them (referees) - I'm against the people who are deciding they're not allowed to use the technology."

Ian you are Legend sir. Excellent interview.

Great, great Holloway. Completely agree.

As with about Keane talked and some people here at the forum. Yes, he's current best player, yes, it'd be a big loss.
but a club is bigger than that, much specially a club like ManU.
It'll be ok.

Today has been a perfect example of how much respect Fergie has from the other managers.

Owen Coyle, Reknapp, Holloway (went on a massive rant, got himself worked up), McLeish, Martinez, Bruce, have all slammed Rooney and credited Fergie. Haven't heard from Allardyce, Hodgson, Houllier, Moyes or Wenger yet either.

Quite a proud moment tbh. Nice to see everyone appreciates the help Fergie has given the other managers in the past.

Credits ManUtd fan

See Rooney has become more hated than Ronaldo and now I have massive respect for Ronaldo. The way he handled his move to Madrid was very professional and we got full value for him, hope we get a decent amount for Rooney.

And I can only imagine the crowd at OT in a MAN UTD vs MAN CITY game if Rooney moves to CITY.

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United have announced Wayne Rooney has signed a new five-year deal.

Up on Skysports news ticker now.

YES !!! Just saw it on Man Utd site very happy,he's my favorite,but still little bit disappointed..:wub:

Rooney signs new deal.

United fans will all be burning those banners now I bet.

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United have announced Wayne Rooney has signed a new five-year deal.

Up on Skysports news ticker now.

:'( noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I still think he would have done good at Blackpool :'(

Probably shat himself thinking he was going to get a good hiding if he went to City...

I lol'ed, Anyway, this thread has run its course, will open a new one to discuss Rooneys new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.