Duisburg 0 1860 Munich 2
(Lauth, Bulow)

1860 Munich won there second game in a row with a comfortable win against lowly Duisburg today. Bulow scored in a first half that was dominated by the league leaders and Lauth added the second with around twenty minutes left. The win puts 1860 three points clear at the top and they now seem to have turned the corner after an indifferent start after the mid season break.

View attachment 207930

Aachen 0 1860 Munich 1
(Rukavina)

Rukavina scored from the spot today to give 1860 the win and the three points that see them go five clear in the league. 1860 again dominated the match and there manager was happy when he spoke to reporters after the game,

"We have stretched the lead further so I am pleased. The boys played well against a suborn Aachen side."

View attachment 207941

Gary Bernard releases statement on 1860 website

I would like to thank the fans for being patent over the course of the season where we have had a few sticky patches especially after the mid season break. Even though we have had these problems the fans have always shown up to the games and cheered there team on until the end.

I will now say that in March we have played some great football and have been helped out by Frankfurt's dip in form. We are now five points clear in the league and I can now say that I do firmly believe we will be a Bundesliga club next season.

After the season is finished and if we do in fact get promoted there will be a change around at the club as we build a team that are good enough to not only stay in the Bundesliga but also a team that can challenge in the years to come.

So I would again like to thank the fans and the players for never losing hope and always showing up and giving 100%.

View attachment 207951

1860 Munich 3 Aue 1
(Volland, Lauth, Schindler)

1860 moved within one point of promotion today as they overcame Aue at the Alliance Arena. Volland, Lauth and Schindler scored the goals for the league leaders as they look to earn promotion and exceed expectations that were put upon them at the start of the season. Bernard told reporters,

"We are within a point of promotion and I feel we deserve it after our hard work throughout the season. Well done lads."

View attachment 207956

Karlsruhe 1 1860 Munich 1
(Aigner)

1860 Munich were today promoted to the Bundesliga even though the struggled to draw with Karlsruhe. Aigner scored a goal thirty seconds in to the game and that goal proved to be the one that secured promotion in what is Bernard's first season in charge. Bernard told reporters,

"I am delighted to be promoted a massive well done to the players and thank you too all the fans for turning up and having faith in me. I am overwhelmed."

View attachment 207962

1860 Munch back in the big time

1860 Munich were promoted today as they secured a point against Karlsruhe with a Aigner goal early in the first half. 1860 Munich have not won the league at this stage as there is still four games left and they are only three points ahead but no matter what happens 1860 Munich will play there football at Germany's highest level next season.

There were celebrations after the game in Karlsruhe's stadium and also a gathering at the Alliance Arena later on in the night to celebrate 1860 Munich being back in the top league for the first time in seven years.

Bernard is being touted as the mastermind behind 1860's promotion but Bernard being modest has told the press,

"The players are the ones who have earned this. I stand at the touch line they have scored the goals and blocked the shots throughout the season to achieve this. Well done to the boys again."

View attachment 207964View attachment 207965View attachment 207966

1860 Munich 0 FSV Frankfurt 0

1860 Munich again slipped up in the race for the title and they now only hold a one point advantage with three games still let to play. Frankfurt played the better football and the already promoted 1860 were lucky to get a point in a match where they played extremely poor throughout.

View attachment 207996

Paderborn 1 1860 Munich 2
(Rukavina, Schindler)

1860 Munich inched closer to the title today as they overcame a resilient Paderborn side with goals from Rukavina and Schindler. 1860 Munich now have just two games left in the season and they know if the better or equal Frankfurt's result in both of them then the title is there's. Bernard was not available to comment after the match.

View attachment 207999

1860 Munich 5 Union Berlin 0
(Rakic x2, Aigner, Rukavina, Schindler)

Union Berlin collapsed today as 1860 ran riot to take a three lead and a superior goal difference of only two over Frankfurt into the last day of the season as the two fight for the league title. Rakic ended a barren spell of over ten hours with a brace today as his team overwhelmed Berlin at the Alliance Arena. Bernard told reporters,

"The title race will be decided on the last day and all we have to do is win so no pressure. No but in all seriousness it will be an amazing day and I hope the lads win it for the fans and for themselves because they have been amazing this season."

View attachment 208001

Last edited:
Dresden 1 1860 Munich 2
(Rakic OG)

The scenes couldn't have been any different today as 1860 Munich were crowned the champions of division two and Dresden finished bottom of the league and were relegated. 1860 only needed a draw to win the league but they managed to win to send Dresden down and claim the title in Bernard's first season in charge.

View attachment 208132

1860 clinch title in last day showdown

1860 Munich were crowned champions of the second division today as they overcame Dresden in a match that saw Dresden relegated to the third tier of German football. The championship race came down to the last game with only three points separating 1860 and Frankfurt at the top. 1860 won there match and Frankfurt only managed a draw so it was Munich that win the league and Frankfurt are promoted as runners up.

View attachment 208145View attachment 208146View attachment 208147

Bernard "Well done lads"

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard today spoke to reporters after his team won the German second division title,

"Firstly I would like to say well done lads. The boys played outstanding throughout the season and I genuinely do feel we deserved to win the league and now all the concentration is put towards building a team for next season."

View attachment 208149

Clubs End Of Season Review

German First Division

Winner - Bayern Leverkusen
Runners Up - Bayern Munich
Relegated - Augsburg, Kaiserslautern

View attachment 208160

German Second Division

Winner - 1860 Munich
Runners Up - Frankfurt
Relegated - Dresden, FSV Frankfurt, Rostock

View attachment 208161

German Third Division

Winner - Sandhausen
Runners Up - Heidenheim
Promoted - Unterhaching
Relegated - Stuttgart II, Saarbrucken, Aalen

View attachment 208162

German Cup

Winner - Bayern Munich
Runner Up - Frankfurt

View attachment 208163

Players End Of Season Review

Top Scorer

Div 1 -Lukas Podolski (18)
Div 2 - Theofanis Gekas (24)
Div 3 - Milo Tunjic (18)

View attachment 208164

Player of the year

Div 1 - Mario Gotze
Div 2 - Kevin Volland
Div 3 - Roberto Pinto

View attachment 208165

1860 had four of there players named in the second division team of the season. The champions defenders stole the show with Rukavina, Schindler and Bulow all in the back four. Kevin Volland was the other player present for the league champions.

View attachment 208166

Last edited:
Interview with Gary Bernard

Reporter - Well done on winning the second division title, was it even in doubt for you?
Bernard - We knew it would be difficult but quietly we were confident we had what it takes and we did.

Reporter - So its Bundesliga life for you and 1860 now can you stay up?
Bernard - Of course we can stay up. We are not there to make up the numbers we want to compete.

Reporter - You won manager of the year this season do you feel you deserved it?
Bernard - That's not for me to answer. The players all deserve awards more than I deserved it.

Reporter - Lastly can we expect big things in the transfer market from you now?
Bernard - We will talk to the board and see what happens but I would hope so.

View attachment 208167

Congratulations on promotion, would like to see you continue your story and see if you survive the top division ;)

Just read through all the five pages so far and I have to say-that was impressive! :) Best of luck in the Bundesliga. With good tactics and signings-I'm sure you'll stay up and probably even finish mid-table.

Bernard "Its not enough"

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard has today told the board that the £950,000 transfer budget and the £155,000 wage budget is no where near enough to strengthen the squad ahead of there return to Bundesliga. 1860 Munich already spend over there wage budget and will have to sell a few players to try and bring some in over the pre-season.

View attachment 208572

1860 Munich to tour Italy

1860 Munich today announced that they will tour Italy in preparation for there Bundesliga return. 1860 will play Udinese before taking on Sampdoria and ending the tour against Genoa. There other two pre-season games are two home games against Dutch side Heerenveen and Spanish rich boys Malaga.

View attachment 208577

Last edited:
Bernard signs new five year deal

1860 Munich have awarded manager Gary Bernard with a five year deal worth £12,000 a week after he guided his team to promotion last season. The young manager only had twelve months remaining and both parties wanted to ensure the club remained stable as they try to adapt to Bundesliga life and they both felt tying down Bernard was the best way to do that.

View attachment 208584View attachment 208585View attachment 208586

1860 sign James

Matt James has joined 1860 Munich on a free transfer after his Man Utd contract expired in the summer. The young midfielder played 28 games last season while on loan at Preston and Leyton Orient scoring three goals in that time. The youngster has joined 1860 at a time when they are adapting to a new league so it will be interesting to see where he fits in with his new team.

View attachment 208593

Grant Hanley arrives on loan

Blackburn center back Grant Hanley has joined 1860 Munich on loan until the end of the season. The young Scottish defender joins Bernard's team in the hope to gain first team experience and to help 1860 stay in the league after there promotion. Hanley is said to be happy at joining his new club even if it is only for the short term.

View attachment 208598

Another loan signing

Man Utd winger Bebe has joined up with Bernard at 1860 Munich in what is Bernard's third deal so far this season. Bebe arrives at the Alliance Arena looking to gain valuable experience and has also vowed to help 1860 battle there way to safety in the league this season.

View attachment 208599

Not too convinced with Bebe really. Try getting some experienced players on loan or for free. They'll do a real good job

Well done. I support both munichs and i cant wait to see what you do with this team

Actually i support every german team. I dont get rivalries in the same country.

Not too convinced with Bebe really. Try getting some experienced players on loan or for free. They'll do a real good job

Struggling for wages mate it going to be a tough first season but hopefully if I stay up I get more funds... Club has no money..

Udinese 3 1860 Munich 0

1860 Munich got there pre-season off to the worst possible start as they were thrashed by Udinese in there first game of the tour. 1860 have found it difficult to bring in the players they wanted for the season ahead and will have to improve massively if they are to stay in the Bundesliga this season.

View attachment 208821

Sampdoria 4 1860 Munich 0

1860 Munich were destroyed by Sampdoria today as there already disastrous tour of Italy took a turn for the worse. 1860 were hoping to get back on track after a disappointing defeat in game one but they didn't turn up for this one either and now Bernard has alot of thinking to do ahead of the Bundesliga season.

View attachment 208826

Genoa 1 1860 Munich 0

Genoa and 1860 Munich played out a poor match today but it was one that the Italians won to end Munich's tour with them having lost all three games and scored no goals. 1860 Munich were better today then they had been but they still failed to find the net and also were on the back-foot for most of the match.

View attachment 208831

Bernard talks to press

Reporter - So the tour is over and in all honesty it was a poor week for your team would you say?
Bernard - Yes we were poor but the last game was a slight improvement so I am still optimistic we will be ready for the new season.

Reporter - Will there be any new players coming in before the season starts?
Bernard - I hope so but there is no funds available so unless we sell then most likely no.

Reporter - So you are looking to sell players, are there any players that you are actively trying to sell?
Bernard - No that's the problem we are wanting to add players not get rid of them. But every players has there price and if the right offer is made then anyone can leave.

Reporter - What about loan signings?
Bernard - We have absolutely no wage budget to get loan signings. I have been trying.

Reporter - Lastly can you keep 1860 Munich in the Bundesliga?
Bernard - What a stupid question would I be here otherwise? Bye