German Cup Round 2

1860 Munich 3 Kaiserlautern 2
(Rakic, Aigner, Uzoma)

1860 Munich battled into the German Cup third round with an outstanding win against Budesliga side Kaiserlautern at the Alliance Arena today. 1860 were never behind in the match and always looked just as good and as strong as there superior opposition. Bernard told reporters,

"I am delighted to be in the third round and to beat a team in the division above shows just how much we have grown and are progressing as a club."

View attachment 207227

FSV Frankfurt 1 1860 Munich 0

1860 Munich suffered there first defeat of the league season today as they were defeated by relegation candidates FSV Frankfurt. 1860's players looked like they were trying to get sent off more than they were trying to score at times as they accumulated 8 yellow cards throughout the match. Bernard told reporters after his teams defeat,

"That was disappointing for the players and the fans but I have said it before one loss wont ruin this team. They are a strong close knit bunch and we will bounce back."

View attachment 207231

1860 Munich 3 Paderborn 0
(Rakic, Volland, Halfar)Ten man 1860 Munich managed to get there season back on track today with a convincing win against Paderborn. Rakic, Volland and Halfar scored the goals for 1860 and they now sit four points behind Frankfurt at the top of the table.

View attachment 207280

Union Berlin 1 1860 Munich 2
(Halfar, Rukavina)

1860 Munich moved within two points of top spot today as they battled to a narrow win over promotion challengers Union Berlin today. Both teams had plenty of chances but it was 1860 that came out on top as they continue there march towards the top og the table. Bernard told reporters,

"We battled hard and we deserved our win."

View attachment 207288

1860 Munich 2 Dresden 0
(Buck, Bulow)

1860 fans stayed behind well into the night at the Alliance Arena as they claimed top spot in the league from former runaway leaders Frankfurt. You would have been forgiven for thinking they had won the league as there fans celebrated after goals from defenders Buck and Bulow secured there win.

View attachment 207299

Last edited:
November View

Bernard speaks to the press

Reporter - You refused to speak to the media last month why was that?
Bernard - No reason. Can we stick to footballing matters please.

Reporter - Yes sorry. Your team has just claimed top spot in the league can you now go on and make that spot your own?
Bernard - I feel we can, the players are enjoying there football and they have been on top form this season. All credit goes to the boys.

Reporter - Your team lost there first match earlier this month did you struggle to keep morale up?
Bernard - No not at all. As I said after the match one loss wont destroy a successful team.

Reporter - So far who would you say has been your best player this season?
Bernard - That's a hard one the whole team has been great but Kevin Volland and Djordje Rakic have been amazing in attack for us this season.

Reporter - So would you like to get Volland on a permanent deal as he is only on loan from parent club Hoffenheim?
Bernard - I would love to but he loves Hoffenheim so we would have to wait and see. Thank you that's all I have time for.

View attachment 207300
November League Table

View attachment 207301View attachment 207302

Bernard "We need money"

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard has today came out and told the fans and the clubs board,

"We need to get some money so I can start to build a team that can compete in the level above this. If we dont get some investment soon then the project I have going on here may be over before it really begins."

View attachment 207308

1860 Munich 5 Braunschweig 2
(Aigner x2, Volland, Lauth, Rakic)

1860 turned on the style today as they kept hold of top spot in the league but only just on goal difference. Aigner scored a brace to help his team to victory. Volland, Lauth and Rakic scored the others as they romped to a 5-2 win. Bernard told reporters,

"That was a good win for the boys. We lost two slack goals but I am overall happy with the performance."

View attachment 207310

Dusseldorf 1 1860 Munich 4
(Rakic x2, Volland, Aigner)

1860 went into the mid season break with a convincing 4-1 win over Dusseldorf this afternoon at the Alliance Arena. The win means 1860 Munich go into the break two points ahead of nearest rivals Frankfurt in the league table. A Rakic brace helped his team to victory.

View attachment 207393

German Cup Round 3

Dortmund 2 1860 Munich 0

1860 Munich were no match for reigning Bundesliga champions Dortmund as they were dumped out of the German Cup in the third round. Dortmund battered 1860's goal all through the match and it really could have been more and should have been. Buck was controversially sent off for 1860 Munich in what was a bad day for the division two leaders. Bernard spoke with reporters following his teams defeat,

"I cant fault the lads at all. What a good display they were just too strong but the referee he was appalling today. Utter disgrace."

View attachment 207410

Mid season break report

Heading into the January break 1860 Munich are top of the division two table by two points from Frankfurt.

1860 Munich had a shaky start to the season until manager Gary Bernard changed his tactic from a 4-2-2 to a 4-3-2-1. Since changing his tactic Bernard lead his team to the third round of the German Cup and they also managed to catch runaway leaders Frankfurt and overtake them in the league.

Manager Gary Bernard has stated he will have a clear out of the squad in the January transfer window as he tries to free up funds to buy players that can challenge in the higher divisions.

With 1860 out of the cup and just concentrating on the league the fans and the players will now expect the promotion push to continue and for the team to once again be in the big time.

View attachment 207411View attachment 207412View attachment 207413

Two leave Munich

Gabor Kiraly has joined Seville from 1860 Munich in a deal believed to be around £1,000,000 for the German second division club. The goalkeeper had found himself as 1860's number two this season and wanted a move to ensure he got some game time in his last few years in football. The goalkeeper failed to make an appearance under Bernard and both party's are said to be happy with the move.

Left midfielder Sandro Kaiser has joined Dutch side NEC from 1860 Munich as he failed to break into manager Gary Bernard's squad since he joined at the start of the season. The moved believed to be worth £150,000 will free up funds for Bernard who wants to make a few new signings in the off season.

View attachment 207415View attachment 207416

Rangers trio join 1860

1860 Munich have signed Rangers trio David Healy, Thomas Kind Bediksen and Rhys McCabe for a combined fee of just over £60,000. Northern Irish striker David Healy wanted to get his career back on track with his move to Germany after a turbulent 18 months in Glasgow. Bendiksen and McCabe were products of the Rangers youth academy but found themselves surplus requirements at Ibrox and sealed there move to Germany. All three players said working under manager Gary Bernard was one of the reasons they moved to the club.

View attachment 207421View attachment 207422View attachment 207423

Albanian star joins 1860

Hamdi Salihi has joined 1860 Munich from Austrian club Austrian Vienna for a fee of £600,000. The transfer is the first time Bernard has really spent a significant amount on a player so the fans will be interested on how there new man performs. Salihi has scored 152 goals in 252 games so far and Bernard has faith that he can continue the form and help his side into the Busdesliga.

View attachment 207424

Interview with Bernard

Reporter - So a busy few days in the transfer front and its only the first day, were these deals done beforehand and just went through today?
Bernard - Yes the deals were done and under wraps before today.

Reporter - You sold two players were they really never going to play?
Bernard - You should never say never but the players wanted to move and we needed the money so it was simple really.

Reporter - You brought in three Rangers players. Whay all from one club?
Bernard - I am from Scotland and I have seen the players play countless times and I feel they can bring something different to the squad.

Reporter - You paid £600,000 for Hamdi Salihi is that not a risk paying that much for one player?
Bernard - I expect all my players to play to the same standard if they were free or worth millions so no his price tag is irrelevant I bought him for his talent.

Reporter - Lastly will there bee any more additions or players leaving?
Bernard - Wait and see.

1860 Munich 4 Schalke 0
(Salihi x2, Healy, Bierofka)

1860 Munich stunned Schalke with a superb display from there new boys in what was there first of four mid season friendly's. New signing Salihi scored a brace and Healy also got on the score-sheet as Bernard had his first chance to see his new boys in action. Bernard told reporters after the match,

"We were great today, completely faultless and the new boys were also outstanding."

View attachment 207430

brilliant story so far mate am a big fan of 1860 so hope u do well
keep up the good work

1860 Munich 1 Ajax 3
(Healy)

1860 Munich were beaten by Ajax today as the continued there mid season warm up games. The Dutch runners up were just too good for the German second division side and they never really looked like losing this one. Healy scored a consolation for 1860 in what was his second goal in as many games since his move from Rangers.

View attachment 207515

1860 Munich 0 Copenhagen 2

1860 lost again today as there Danish opponents outclassed and outplayed them the whole game at the Alliance Arena this afternoon. 1860 did have a few chances but there strikers looked out of sorts and they lose for the second friendly in a row. Bernard told reporters,

"To beat Schalke like we did then play like that is disappointing and the players know that I am not happy."

View attachment 207518

Fc Basel 0 1860 Munich 3
(Stahl, Uzoma, OG)

Gary Bernard and his players will be leaving Switzerland happy after he saw 1860 Munich beat Swiss champs Basel 3-0 in what is there last mid season friendly. Stahl and Uzoma scored the goals along side an own goal gave the Germans the lead.

View attachment 207519

Bernard "We are ready"

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard has today told reporters,

"We are ready to continue with the push for the title and I am confident that we can keep up our good league form. I am also very happy with the signings that were made and I feel they will improve our squad here."

Munich sign Korean

South Korean central defender Kim Won Sik has joined 1860 Munich on a free transfer after having previously played in England and France. The 20 year old is seen as a player for the future as Bernard builds for life in the Bundesliga with his team.

1860 Munich 1 Ingolstadt 1
(Rakic)

1860 Munich slipped to a 1-1 draw today as they returned to action following the mid season break. Munch fell behind in the first half before Rakic scored an equalizer but Bernard was not happy at full time and he has no right to be after that performance.

View attachment 207530

St Pauli 1 1860 Munich 0

1860 Munich continued to play poorly since the break this time with a defeat against under performing St Pauli. The defeat means 1860 lose top spot to Frankfurt by one point and the gap will get wider if 1860 dont start performing like we know they can again soon. Bernard told reporters,

"The last two games we have been awful. The players have not showed up and its unacceptable, the guys know that I am not happy and they are all playing for there futures because if we don't go up then not much people here will be remaining at the club."

View attachment 207699

1860 Munich 2 Rostock 2
(Buck, Uzoma)

After throwing away a two goal lead 1860 Munich have now went three games in the league without a win since the mid season break. 1860 were two up at half time but Rostock score two late goals to get a vital point for the club at the bottom of the table. Bernard refused to speak with reporters after the game.

View attachment 207714

Healy "I regret joining 1860"

David Healy has today came out and told manager Gary Bernard that he regrets joining the club because he is too big a player to be playing in such a poor team. Healy joined from SPL champions Rangers in January but he seems to have played his last game for 1860 after his comments angered manager Gary Bernard and the clubs fans.

Bernard "Its over"

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard has replied to David Healy's comment by simply telling him that he will no longer play for the club. Bernard also said,

"I apologize to the fans for singing someone with that attitude. Its over for him now he wont play again."

Frankfurt 1 1860 Munich 3
(Volland x2, Schindler)

Back to winning ways and back to the summit of the table for 1860 Munich as they ended there run of three games without a win with a fantastic win over title rivals Frankfurt today. A brace from Volland helped Munich end there poor run and kept there season on track. Bernard spoke to reporters after the match,

"I am delighted. Its been a tough few weeks but we played well today and its my job to make sure that continues for the rest of the season."

View attachment 207732

Bernard speaks to press

Reporter - So a difficult month February was for you do you feel that the team has turned a corner in there last game?
Bernard - It was a poor start after the break but the win against Frankfurt has propelled us back to the top of the table and the players look more confident.

Reporter - What caused the poor sequence of results because before the break your team looked unstoppable?
Bernard - To be honest I don't know we came back confident but we fell apart for the first few games.

Reporter - But you feel you have definitely turned a corner and the win wasn't just luck?
Bernard - You don't beat the team at the top 3-1 because of luck so no.

Reporter - You play third placed Furth next a win in that game will make the gap between automatic promotion and the play off even bigger for your team, how do you settle the players for a game like that?
Bernard - I feel last weeks game where we would go top or six behind was a bigger game and we came through that so it wont be a problem.

Reporter - Lastly can you win promotion this season?
Bernard - Yes of course we can if we play to the standard that I know we can manage.

View attachment 207743
February League Table​

1860 Munich 0 Furth 0

Second met third in today's main league clash and the game was a bore draw. Both teams looked like they sat back and defended while neither one was willing to commit too much going forward in fear of losing the game. The good news for the two sides is that Frankfurt lost meaning 1860 stay top and Furth close the gap a little more.

View attachment 207744

Healy's contract terminated

Ex Rangers striker David Healy has had his contract terminated by 1860 Munich boss Gary Bernard after a string of falling's out. Both parties refused to comment on the matter but there is no love lost between the two and Healy being released is probably the best outcome for both parties.

View attachment 207745View attachment 207746View attachment 207747

Bochum 3 1860 Munich 3
(Volland, Lauth, OG)

1860 Munich are still struggling to pull of a win a they again dropped points with a draw against mid table Bochum today. 1860's poor form has not effected then as much as it could have done as it seems Frankfurt are also struggling. Munich are still top of the table by a point after there latest slip up. Bernard told reporters,

"We played well in attack but lost sill goals today."

View attachment 207757

1860 Munich 3 Cottbus 1
(Bruins, Uzoma, Rukavina)

1860 Munich saw off Cottbus today as they looked much more assertive in front of goal with a confident 3-1 win at the the Alliance Arena. The gap from the front two down to third is now nine points and if that gaps gets any bigger it could very well be a two horse race between 1860 and Frankfurt for the title.

View attachment 207760