THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

Yes I did.

I take too much goals against weaker clubs.

Now I'm playing with a 4-3-3 but i'll try again next season.

What should I put for the trainings ? How much preseason time should I pick ?

If your team cohesion levels are on red, use Team Cohesion training (high) and match training tactics till it's green,after that switch to normal training (high) and attacking movement

Is there a way to get the wing backs more involved going forward?

You need them not to go forward because you have already 6 players who are playing almost in the opponents box, but you can try tweaking the fullbacks like complete fullback attack, don't forget that they need to have high stats on workrate and stamina

Why does this tactic work with some teams and just doesn't work with others?

Why does this tactic work with some teams and just doesn't work with others?

Some teams require more work, not every team has already a good team cohesion or the required attributes for the tactic, just keep strengthening your team and you will see the results blossoming

Yeah that does play a big part, however i've tried this with Everton for 2 seasons, completely failed even with good signings.

Tried this with West Ham and won the UCL 2 times and the premier league 3 times in 4 Years

Tried this with Watford for 5 years and with an amazing team after the 2nd year only won the prem 1 time and 0 other trophies.

So far I know this tactic works wonders for sure, but I think there are some sort of hidden attributes or maybe philosophical preferences or something within the teams to make them succeed with this formation and style of football, who knows but I guess I will have to keep testing and tweaking to see the best results with this.

Yeah that does play a big part, however i've tried this with Everton for 2 seasons, completely failed even with good signings.

Tried this with West Ham and won the UCL 2 times and the premier league 3 times in 4 Years

Tried this with Watford for 5 years and with an amazing team after the 2nd year only won the prem 1 time and 0 other trophies.

So far I know this tactic works wonders for sure, but I think there are some sort of hidden attributes or maybe philosophical preferences or something within the teams to make them succeed with this formation and style of football, who knows but I guess I will have to keep testing and tweaking to see the best results with this.

Yeah same is happening to me, but with another tactic, dubbed as a "lifechanger", I've had success with Leicester winning the league 1st season, but with Everton, and stronger players somehow I finished only 8th, season was so inconsistent that my hair almost turned white, I have no clue why some tactic works better with some teams in the same league, with a similar team level

Funnily enough I just plugged my tactics, and I've been on a 5 win streak, including a 4-1 spanking to City, lmao

Edit: Just beat Utd 3-1 away, needless to say I almost never won against City nor Utd during 2 seasons, just plugged Overachiever home and away tactic and I can say the results are superb, check for yourselves

View attachment 40867

Last edited:
View attachment 40819

Changing the 2nd striker to a complete forward support has a much better impact than any other supporting striker role, Lacazette scored 62 goals for me in all competitions, this is the first season tested with Arsenal and i signed:

Dolberg: 20M
De Ligt: 20M
Savic: 60M
Doucoure: 30M

Off-loading a load of other crappy players like welbeck, ozil, mustafi and put the team cohesion on very high worked a charm!

The home and away tactic is amazing, won the league and champs league three years on the bounce with Liverpool, over a 100 goals scored every season. What i will say though is that employing the right coaches is massive to make any tactic work, i have 4/5 stars on every field.

Pompey Promoted first season won the Checkatrade Trophy as well, Knocked Tottenham, and City out of the FA Cup before losing 4-2 to liverpool, using the Version 2 tactic exclusively for all fixtures, only changed Mentality ot Attacking, for games I thought we should win, and changed passing to short and retain possession for some games, where we were losing the possession battle, or our passing was Astray, Conor Chaplin, an AMC got 50 goals as the Advanced forward, I use DLF or F9 support and AF Attack

Hey I've uninstalled FM because I'm on vacation at the moment, but why do you need that?
All the times i start a game i get bored very fast, if someone share me a save more advanced i think it will not happen. If someone pls can do that i would be really thankful

I may have hit on a slight twesk, In game where I facea 4-2-3-1 with an AMC I drop my Mezzalla Support to DM DLP support, keeps possession nicely still creates chances and helps manage their AMC, I use V2 home and away

I may have hit on a slight twesk, In game where I facea 4-2-3-1 with an AMC I drop my Mezzalla Support to DM DLP support, keeps possession nicely still creates chances and helps manage their AMC, I use V2 home and away

Please feel free to release any tweaks you have since this tactic is highly adaptable and the roles are originally from PepxBosz