THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

Can you change the DLF to any other role and still have the same results?

Can you change the DLF to any other role and still have the same results?

Change it to the role which suits your striker best, only thing you need to have attention is having a supportive striker and an attacking one

Not sure how much it will get used, the players suit the V2 Normal tactic, which is my preferred of the versions, but I am paper thin up front, so a one striker alternative seems a sound way for em to go, should injuries suspensions hit hard, will update at the end of the season how we do

ok so overall a good change to the tactic, my concern is the same as the original tactics, in possession you overwhelm the opposition, but in defense you get killed on the flanks, especially at lower levels where your defenders lack pace. wondering how it would perform with the WB's role from the Normal V2.... hmmm I may have a look at that

Great news mate, I've had really great success with Southampton 1st season and West Ham 2nd season, if at first it doesn't go well for you just give it one more try, or experiment with the other tactics for example the normal version is really solid as well
I decided to manage in the Vanarama South instead, with Dartford. So far so good, only 4 games in but I've already won an away game 5-0.

Overachiever, Home tactic for home games, Away tactic for away games

18 teams managed at the same time. 5 leagues
England - Premier League : Manchester United (media prediction 2) / Southampton (media prediction 9), Bournemouth (media prediction 17)
Spain - La Liga : FC Barcelona (media prediction 2), Celta Vigo (media prediction 9), Levante (media prediction 15)
Italy - Serie A : Napoli (media prediction 2), Atalanta (media prediction 9), Cagliari (media prediction 16)
Germany - Bundesliga : Dortmund (media prediciton 2), RBL (media prediction 8), Hamburg (media prediction 14)
England - League 2 (LLM) : Coventry (media prediction 1), Carlisle (media prediction 8), Crewe (media prediction 17)

Final tables
View attachment 42913

Posession
View attachment 42912

Chances created
View attachment 42911

Shots on target
View attachment 42910

Manchester United
View attachment 42909

Southampton
View attachment 42908

Bournemouth
View attachment 42907

Barcelona
View attachment 42906

Celta Vigo
View attachment 42905

Levante
View attachment 42904

Napoli
View attachment 42903

Atalanta
View attachment 42902

Cagliari
View attachment 42901

Dortmund
View attachment 42900

RBLeipzig
View attachment 42899

Hamburg
View attachment 42898

Coventry
View attachment 42897

Carlisle
View attachment 42896

Crewe
View attachment 42895

No transfers (except Atalanta, sold Petagna, bought one player who was injured after first match and loaned another player after that). No tweaks.

Overachiever, Home tactic for home games, Away tactic for away games

18 teams managed at the same time. 5 leagues

Wooow thanks for the extensive test, with the stats put in that way, let's review what it means and see what are the strenghts and weaknessess of this tactic

First of all, something that jumped to my eyes, Cagliari being the team that scored most goals in all the teams you managed, with 121 goals for them, while conceding 94, such madness, more than 5 goals involved in a game, per game.

Majorly the teams that had players with decent/good passing, vision, off-the ball, first touch and more technical stats had a really good spell, looking at Napoli winning the league, atalanta qualifying for CL action, Southampton 3rd place, Vigo qualifying for CL as well, but I was amazed seeing that Dortmund finished 6th..

Created chances, it's clear that this tactic's strongest points is it's chance creation, with all of the teams you managed leading the CC Table by large margins, if you have mezzalas with +- good finishing and composure, as well as inside forwards and poachers you're set well for a dominating campaign, while also giving you most shots on target, and the top scorer will always be from your team

Thanks for the extensive test, I only imagine the work you went through with that, I appreciate it a lot, what are your thoughts on this tactic?

I am having a terrible time with my inside forwards. Presently I am managing Newcastle United, and I'm using Matt Ritchie as a right-sided inside forward. Yet his ability to influence the game is negligible that his rating plummet to 6.2 and below even before half time. This in turn affects my strikers and I am losing more games than I'd care to admit. This appears to be more pronounced when playing away (using the away tactics for away games and vice versa) as when I played at home to Man City, I beat them 4-2. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

I am having a terrible time with my inside forwards. Presently I am managing Newcastle United, and I'm using Matt Ritchie as a right-sided inside forward. Yet his ability to influence the game is negligible that his rating plummet to 6.2 and below even before half time. This in turn affects my strikers and I am losing more games than I'd care to admit. This appears to be more pronounced when playing away (using the away tactics for away games and vice versa) as when I played at home to Man City, I beat them 4-2. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

The only advice here is to get better inside forwards, with all due respect I view Matt Richie as a reserve option rather than a first-team player, especially in the PL, for example Hirving Lozano is cheap and he plays at PSV, 1st season with Southampton he won the POTY with a 8,03 rating!! 23 goals and 15 assists also, ended selling him for 120M to city

The only advice here is to get better inside forwards, with all due respect I view Matt Richie as a reserve option rather than a first-team player, especially in the PL, for example Hirving Lozano is cheap and he plays at PSV, 1st season with Southampton he won the POTY with a 8,03 rating!! 23 goals and 15 assists also, ended selling him for 120M to city

Thanks, but Hirving Lozano is a mere pipe dream for my team as we all know how stingy Mike Ashley is.

Thanks, but Hirving Lozano is a mere pipe dream for my team as we all know how stingy Mike Ashley is.

You have some nice options in your team with Ayoze Perez having the attributes, he needs just some positional training, I see joselu fiting in as well, but don't worry after your first season you'll have some nice funds to play with

You have some nice options in your team with Ayoze Perez having the attributes, he needs just some positional training, I see joselu fiting in as well, but don't worry after your first season you'll have some nice funds to play with

Presently playing Liverpool away and I've used Ayoze Perez IF(R) and Jacob Murphy IF(L) and I'm 2-0 up after 7 minutes -- fantastic. I've concluded that an IF(R) though usually requiring a left footed player, work much better with a right footed player as he can cross and pass far easier. However, with the two players I've used (they are adept -- very strong -- with both feet) they can both cross, pass and cut inside.

Weird, Ritchie did great for me out on the right.

View attachment 42682

To add on to the above post, my transfer windows for the two seasons are:

View attachment 42342
View attachment 42341

Sergej has been absolutely phenomenal in the Mezzala (Attack) role. Here are his stats:
View attachment 42340

I kinda made a mistake with my strikers. I entered into the 17/18 season with Firmino-Origi and Sturridge-Ings as my strikeforce. Sturridge scored a lot for me in the first half of the season, managed to garner interest from City and thus wanted to leave. I was willing to let him go since he was never going to improve at his age, so I activated Belotti's release clause and tried delaying the transfer confirmation until I finalised a transfer for Sturridge. However, I couldn't delay the Belotti transfer any further and decided to just purchase him and push him to the starting lineup with a Belotti/Firmino partnership. Had to offload Sturridge on the cheap because a bid never came in from City and I had too many strikers after Belotti came in.

Then came the summer transfer window, and I realised Kane had actually requested to leave Spurs. Not certain why, maybe because they didn't finish top 4. Knew I had to get him when he was so cheap...so I decided to sell Mane (who wanted to leave), push Firmino to the left wing, and start with a Belotti/Kane partnership.

The partnership ain't bad by all means, but Belotti can't play the F9/DLF role well because his vision stats are atrocious, and I feel that Kane is wasted playing support striker. I kind of want to offload Belotti and buy back Mane (who now wants to leave RM), but Belotti is already a club icon after just one and a half seasons here and I doubt a club would put in a bid for him unless I offered him out and in the process lower his transfer value.

Oh and for anyone wondering how I got Sergej so cheap, its because he requested to leave as well.

This is an absolutely phenomenal tactic. Currently using the Home/Away version.

Those are indeed phenomenal results, really glad it worked so well for you, 150 goals in a season is simply cheating, whoa!

Last edited:
I am playing with Lyon and I struggle with your tactics.

I loose too much against weaker club.

The v3 version was working perfectly but suddenly I can't win anymore. Don't know what to do.

What version should I use ? I have Fekir and Mariano upfront and playing with Fekir on False 9

I am playing with Lyon and I struggle with your tactics.

I loose too much against weaker club.

The v3 version was working perfectly but suddenly I can't win anymore. Don't know what to do.

What version should I use ? I have Fekir and Mariano upfront and playing with Fekir on False 9

Have you tried the Home and Away versions? It's weird because I just picked up St Etienne and won the league, tell me more about your pre-season, normal training and match training

Yes I did.

I take too much goals against weaker clubs.

Now I'm playing with a 4-3-3 but i'll try again next season.

What should I put for the trainings ? How much preseason time should I pick ?

To add on to the above post, my transfer windows for the two seasons are:

View attachment 1173115
View attachment 1173116

Sergej has been absolutely phenomenal in the Mezzala (Attack) role. Here are his stats:
View attachment 1173117

I kinda made a mistake with my strikers. I entered into the 17/18 season with Firmino-Origi and Sturridge-Ings as my strikeforce. Sturridge scored a lot for me in the first half of the season, managed to garner interest from City and thus wanted to leave. I was willing to let him go since he was never going to improve at his age, so I activated Belotti's release clause and tried delaying the transfer confirmation until I finalised a transfer for Sturridge. However, I couldn't delay the Belotti transfer any further and decided to just purchase him and push him to the starting lineup with a Belotti/Firmino partnership. Had to offload Sturridge on the cheap because a bid never came in from City and I had too many strikers after Belotti came in.

Then came the summer transfer window, and I realised Kane had actually requested to leave Spurs. Not certain why, maybe because they didn't finish top 4. Knew I had to get him when he was so cheap...so I decided to sell Mane (who wanted to leave), push Firmino to the left wing, and start with a Belotti/Kane partnership.

The partnership ain't bad by all means, but Belotti can't play the F9/DLF role well because his vision stats are atrocious, and I feel that Kane is wasted playing support striker. I kind of want to offload Belotti and buy back Mane (who now wants to leave RM), but Belotti is already a club icon after just one and a half seasons here and I doubt a club would put in a bid for him unless I offered him out and in the process lower his transfer value.

Oh and for anyone wondering how I got Sergej so cheap, its because he requested to leave as well.

where did you get the new transfer update from mate?