The Parma Resurrection

just caught up with this yet to get the game but you have done a really good job keep it up mate :)

This is epic!

I got to work, opened your story, and 1.5 hours later I am in love with Parma! Great story telling and a superb job!

I am new to the franchise having purchased FM 2017 beta. I started with my favourite club, Liverpool, just to try to learn some of the game and its features. After getting familiar with the interface and understanding the game better, I decided I needed to do this the right way! Who am I to swoop in and take charge of a world class club when I have no experience at all! So I decided to start a save with Sky Bet League Two side, Portsmouth. It's so much more of a journey when you don't know any of the players etc. Let's just say I'm in the thick of it 10 games in with 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. Anyway, this is not about my story but you got me all fired up with your great piece that I'm considering writing my Portsmouth tale!

Anyway, I will definitely be following Parma and Cannavaro all the way! Good luck!

I got to work, opened your story, and 1.5 hours later I am in love with Parma! Great story telling and a superb job!

I am new to the franchise having purchased FM 2017 beta. I started with my favourite club, Liverpool, just to try to learn some of the game and its features. After getting familiar with the interface and understanding the game better, I decided I needed to do this the right way! Who am I to swoop in and take charge of a world class club when I have no experience at all! So I decided to start a save with Sky Bet League Two side, Portsmouth. It's so much more of a journey when you don't know any of the players etc. Let's just say I'm in the thick of it 10 games in with 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. Anyway, this is not about my story but you got me all fired up with your great piece that I'm considering writing my Portsmouth tale!

Anyway, I will definitely be following Parma and Cannavaro all the way! Good luck!
Thanks so much mate, this comment made my day! I'm glad that I managed to get you to start your own long-term save, really great to hear. I definitely agree with what you said about not knowing any of the players, it really makes you have to learn about the club and how you want it to work and the team and makes it a lot more challenging :) good luck with Portsmouth mate, should be a good challenge and let me know how you get on! ;)

View attachment 122346

Tough start for I Crociati in Serie B

View attachment 122345Parma celebrating an equaliser against Frosinone

View attachment 122344
After a much anticipated promotion to the Serie B, things were looking bright for Parma. However, after 7 league games, it's not going as well as the fans thought, according to supporter spokesperson Fabrizio Mercurio:

"We knew that we were going into a division where a couple of teams came from the Serie A and we'd have a tough time overall but we were expecting a little better so far considering how well we did last season. We know it's only been 7 games though so there's nothing to be worried about and considering the media has predicted for us to finish in the relegation zone, we're actually doing pretty well!"

View attachment 122343
Sitting in a very respectable 10th place, Parma are definitely doing well for a promoted side but could be doing also be doing better as the stats suggest. In terms of individual stats, De Cenco is definitely the man to watch for Parma as he's scored 9 goals in 9 games in all competitions, making him Parma's top goalscorer and performer so far this season. Scavone, who was injured for the beginning of the season, has since come back and managed to get 5 assists, the most for the club this season.

View attachment 122335
With 2 draws in a row, Cannavaro has made it clear that he's quite happy with his team's start in the league but wants better and might change formations and strategies as a result:

"We have been doing well considering we were just promoted this season. We're facing off some really tough teams such as Sampdoria and Empoli and I think the lads just need to get used to a new rhythm and just realise that they're not part of the best team in the league anymore. It's our job to try and prove the other sides that we're a dangerous team and to do that we need results, which we haven't really been getting so far. Since I took over, I preferred using a 4-1-2-3 formation as I thought it provided us with some defensive stability as well as a control of the midfield and an attacking threat. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked out as well as we thought so far and I am considering changing our system to try and adapt to the new dynamic and playing style that we're being exposed to in the Serie B. Plus, it'll also help us dramatically when we start facing Serie A sides in the TIM Cup."

View attachment 122332
Cannavaro's 4-1-2-3 which until now had been so successful

As always, we talk about the positives and negatives of a certain club's season so far and speaking of negatives, Parma's medical team seems to just constantly be taking care of someone:

View attachment 122329
View attachment 122328
View attachment 122327
View attachment 122326
View attachment 122325
With 5 key players injured in the space of a month, including 2 new signings, once again Cannavaro is going to have to figure out a way to rotate his squad otherwise he'll just keep on getting those key players injured and get bad results. Of course, the Italian man has already said before that he doesn't believe his side depends on certain players but looking at the results that Parma get when those players are on the field, we can only just look at the stats. One thing's for sure, Parma are on the right track as they continue to make their way back up the Italian football ladder. Below we will show a couple of key matches from Parma's last month in the Serie B along with some key stats about the match.

View attachment 122321
View attachment 122320
Parma's first win of the season was definitely an impressive one as De Cenco proved to be one heck of a record signing with 2 goals and assist as Parma beat Entella by 4 goals to one. Most of the game was, as usual with Parma, decided in the midfield, where both teams battled for possession and attempted to attack as often as they could. Parma actually had the advantage in that sense as they were able to keep the ball in Entella's half a lot more than what Entella could do in Parma's half, as demonstrated through the scoreline. The match was actually a lot tighter than the scoreline suggests, with Entella actually taking more shots than their opponent. Nevertheless, it was a great win for Parma who got their first 3 points of the season off that performance.

View attachment 122319
View attachment 122318
For their opening game of the season against former Serie A side Empoli, Cannavaro's men actually impressed by losing only 1-0 when people expected them to lose by about 4 goals. The stats do show that Empoli deserved to win the game which they did but once again, Parma were actually much better than everyone expected. Despite that good performance, they couldn't really pounce on it in their next game as they unfortunately drew 1-1 with Pro Vercelli but it definitely gave us an idea of how well Parma could be against tougher opponents.

View attachment 122317
October will be a tough month for Parma as they face Pescara (who were in the Serie A last season), Spal (the current league leaders), and Ascoli, who are currently 8th in the league. All those teams have performed pretty well so far this season and with 5 league matches in just 4 weeks, this is definitely a situation where Cannavaro is going to have to handle his squad as well as he can in order to prevent any long-term injuries and keep his best players as fit as possible.

Finally, a new segment in our monthly review of Parma's performances, the player of the month!

View attachment 122311
Caio De Cenco arrived at Parma during the summer for a club record fee of 100 000 Euros.

View attachment 122310
The Brazilian 28-year old had the tough task of replacing star man Calaiò, who got injured at the end of last season and was out for a couple of months. Thankfully for the Parma fanbase, De Cenco has been nothing short of sensational and he's been scoring goals left right and centre. He's one of Serie B's top goalscorers and looks like a top player who could be a great asset to Cannavaro and his lads so good luck to him for the future and we hope for his sake that he'll feature as the player of the month many more times in the next few months! Anyways, that's it from us this month, thank you all for reading and we'll see you again in late October! By the way, is there anything specific you'd like us to cover in these monthly reviews? Let us know!

View attachment 122145
Parma end difficult run of games on a high

View attachment 122144
View attachment 122143

After a tough first 7 league games for Parma in the Serie B, their misfortune continued as they lost 3 times in 5 games in October. Despite still not being in the relegation zone, the Italian side will definitely be disappointing with some of the results they got this month, most specifically back-to-back losses against Cosenza and Ascoli. On top of that, De Cenco's form has dipped a little, although the Brazilian striker has still managed to score 4 goals in his last 5 games with the club.

View attachment 122141
Just 12 games in and so with 30 games to go, Parma sit in 13th, 7 spots ahead of the media's prediction. Once again, they're certainly doing very well up front, with the 2nd best attack in the league right behind runners-up Sampdoria, but defensively are one of the weakest teams in the league, as seen last season in the Lega Pro Girone B. Just behind Pescara on the table, Cannavaro's side have actually been doing pretty well considering and they can look forward to a good future under their club legend because we've seen some highly impressive performances this month, more specifically the two wins they managed to get against then league leaders Spal and Ternana:

View attachment 122140
After going 2-0 down early in the first half, Parma managed an incredible comeback despite getting a man sent off just before the end of the game to win the game against a side which was supposed to crush them. It was a very impressive display and everyone thought, especially the fans, that it would get all the players fired up for their next few games but they couldn't score a goal in the next 180 minutes unfortunately, until their last game of the month.

View attachment 122138
View attachment 122137
An absolutely incredible display from Parma who absolutely smashed Ternana, probably thanks to that red card in the 24th minute for the away side. Regardless, De Cenco was back in form and managed to score 2 goals, which he hadn't done since the first game of the month, giving the fans some hope that he was finally back on form. Parma's next few games are certainly all games that they can win and with 4 leagues games plus a cup game, the pressure is on for Cannavaro and the fans will want him and the players to perform and climb up the league table before the winter break in January.

View attachment 122136
Bari are by far the toughest opponent that Parma will face this month but Cosenza managed to beat them last month so that could be a very high-pressure game for Cannavaro. Finally, Brescia will also be a tough opponent to play against and it could be complicated for Parma to get a good result away from home, especially if some key players get injured in the next few days leading up to this Brescia fixture. Finally, we saw Cannavaro use a different system against Ternana which clearly worked very well so we asked him to give us an idea of what he changed and how he thought it would change the dynamic and the playing style of his side:

View attachment 122134
Cannavaro's new 4-4-1-1 system, used against Ternana

"It was a really good game from the players and we got the result we deserved considering how hard we worked on the field. The reason I decided to change formations and player roles was because clearly something wasn't working earlier in the month and we needed to find a way to fix those problems and try to get better results. With this formation, we had a bit more control over the midfield and kept our defence compact whilst still being a threaten up front, which was never really much of a problem anyway. The movement that we're allowed to make on the wings and the freedom and space that our attacking midfielder (Scavone) gets means that we can attack faster and just keep the ball for longer amounts of time in general anyway so it really is a good change for us. Obviously, we've only played one game with this formation so we'll need to see how well we can do with it in future games but I'm hopeful that we'll get much better results with this new strategy."

- Fabio Cannavaro's post-match press conference vs Ternana (28/10/2017)

View attachment 121556

Parma stay unbeaten in November and slowly climb league table

View attachment 121554
View attachment 121553

Following Parma's difficult but respectable start to the Serie B, it seems as though they've finally found a system that works as they're now 5 games unbeaten in the league and have qualified for the TIM Cup First Round. Calaiò featured back in the side too and did very well as he scored on his first day back with the team against Vicenza. De Cenco has also continued his incredible form, now having scored 18 goals in 19 games with Parma, 14 of which were in 16 league games. Impressive.

View attachment 121552
Now just one spot below the middle of the table, it's fair to say that Parma are on a good run and could soon be in the top half of the table. With 6 wins from 16, you would think that they're going to need to do a lot better but their record has actually become a lot better since last month, with 3 wins and 2 draws in their last 5 games. Can Cannavaro take the former UEFA Cup winners back to the Serie A or at least even remotely close to a return to the Italian top flight? At this rate, we don't see why not and it would definitely be one of the most amazing stories in football history if Parma were to get back in the Serie A and start challenging for the title again.

View attachment 121550
The reason we've decided to cover this game is not so much because of the results and the incredible game that it was, but mostly because of the draw that came right after. Not expected to go too far in the competition, Parma have now managed to make it to the TIM Cup First Round, where they hoped to get a team that was similar to Cosenza. Unfortunately for them, it's one of Cannavaro's old teams and probably the best one of them, Juventus.

View attachment 121549
At this point, it's probably fair to say that Parma will most probably be knocked out of the cup but you never know considering the hunger they've been playing with lately. Juventus are currently first in the Serie A after winning the league title last year once again despite being behind AC Milan for most of the season, to everyone's surprise. Can Cannavaro's men overcome the huge challenge that is Juventus? It will definitely be very hard but who knows, in football anything can happen and we all know that. The match is set to take place on the 13th of December, halfway through a month that is definitely less busy than last season for Parma:

View attachment 121548
With a total of 5 league games to play, it's all about getting into the Serie B rhythm for Parma and their players considering almost every month has been this full so far. With the game against Juventus making it 6 games for the whole month, Cannavaro's side will definitely need to keep their fitness levels up if they want to finish the first half of the season as high as they can on the table. That task will be made very hard by the likes of Carpi and Sampdoria though, with both teams currently sitting in 14th and 3rd respectively. Salernitana could be also be a relatively hard game for Parma whilst the last 2 matches of the month should see them get the wins.
In terms of the team, that's how Parma have been doing. What about Cannavaro though? Well, in the past 6 months, he's seen the likes of Middlesbrough, Vallecano, Cesena and a lot of other teams take interest in his services with the most recent team wanting to sign the Italian manager being Valladolid, who reportedly offered Cannavaro the chance to come in for an interview.

View attachment 121547
It was then revealed later on that Cannavaro couldn't even bother sending a reply to Valladolid himself and asked the chairman to decline for him as he was completely invested in his future with Parma. Having signed a new contract with the club earlier this year, it was no surprise that he rejected those few job interviews and it should be to the Parma fans' delight as he has shown tremendous loyalty for the club as a player and is now still doing so as a manager.
Now, with a rival match on our hands between Parma and Juventus, what better time to decide to do a live commentary than for that match! Join us on the 13th of December as Cannavaro faces his old side Juventus with another one of his old sides Parma who will try to get as far as they can in the TIM Cup and show the world and the Italian football fans that they mean business.

View attachment 121544
Juventus - Parma Calcio preview and live commentary

View attachment 121543

The historic rivalry between Parma and Juventus has always been an important one. Parma, once one of the greats, fought with Juventus for multiple league titles and European titles and overall the title of the best team in Italy along with AC Milan, Inter, etc. Now, Parma are in Serie B and Juventus in Serie A, currently competing for their 7th straight league title. Both teams will face each other in the Italian Cup for the First Round in what should be a very interesting game. Just to remind you all, the last match between those two sides was on the 11th of April 2015 in the Serie A and it actually finished 1-0 to Parma, thanks to a goal from Jose Mauri, who now plays on loan for Boca Juniors in Argentina on loan from AC Milan.

View attachment 121541View attachment 121540
Overall, Juventus definitely have the better record out of the two teams but Cannavaro and his men shouldn't despair and have every chance of getting a good result against the current Italian champions. Below we will now post the predicted lineups and the men to watch for both teams before jumping in the actual game for our live commentary!

View attachment 121539
Juventus' 4-3-1-2 formation in their last game against Genoa

View attachment 121538

Juventus are currently unbeaten all season in all competitions and have won 3 of their last games so it will definitely be incredibly hard for Parma to get anything out of this match against their arch rivals but perhaps what should give them some hope is Juventus' last performance against Genoa, which finished 0-0 as Juve played away from home.

View attachment 121536
Parma recently switched to a more attacking and pressing 4-3-3 style

View attachment 121534

Parma on the other hand, have won their last 5 games and are unbeaten in 8 matches, with their last defeat coming up against Ascoli in late October. With 16 goals scored in 5 games and 5 conceded, it's fair to say that Cannavaro taught his players how to attack very well but the defensive aspect of things is looking a bit weak. Coming up against an opposition as strong as Juventus, we should definitely see Parma put out their strongest team but Juve might play some of their youngsters in the cup match to give them some playing time in the first team. Now, let's not waste any more time and get straight into the game!

KICK OFF

1'
And we're underway here at the Juventus Stadium, it's 6pm Italian time and the hosts Juventus take on their rivals Parma for their first match in 2 years! The winner of this match could go on and face Inter in the quarter-final, which could be easy for Juventus but a nightmare for Parma, although if they manage to beat Juventus today then we don't see why they can't beat Inter either.

4' Huge blow for Parma as their centre midfielder Manuel Scavone, a key part of Cannavaro's set up with Parma, comes off injured and is going to have to be replaced by new signing Alessandro Bruno.

17' Pretty even match so far but Juventus definitely have more quality and it shows on the field as Sturaro links up with Lanini who gives it to Higuain to make it 1-0 to the home side!

GOAL: GONZALO HIGUAIN (Juventus 1-0 Parma)

View attachment 121532

40'
Parma manage their second shot of the game and it's on target but not enough to beat Neto in goal. Dybala gets the ball from the keeper and launches a counter-attack and gives the ball to Higuain who buries it in the back of the net for his 13th of the season and it's now 2-0 to Juventus just before half-time.

GOAL: GONZALO HIGUAIN ( Juventus 2-0 Parma)

View attachment 121531

44'
Parma not giving up as they get an attack and manage to cross the ball into the box and Marchi gets on it and takes it past one Juve defender before crossing it back in for Manuel Marras who volleys it onto the post and in! Parma score just before the half-time whistle and are right back in it! What a match!

GOAL: MANUEL MARRAS (Juventus 2-1 Parma)

View attachment 121530
HALF TIME

View attachment 121529

It's very clear that Juventus have been crushing Parma so far in terms of shots but fair play to Cannavaro's side because they've defended incredibly well and took their chances when they had them. Just 3 shots on goal and they managed to score 1 which means it's all to play for after 45 minutes at the Juventus Stadium and Parma could cause a huge upset tonight if they manage to grab even one more goal and get a draw! Let's get on with this second half then.
SECOND HALF KICK OFF

49' Parma are showing that they want to get something from this game with yet another attack but Garufo's cross is blocked and Juventus are off with the counter as the ball gets to Dybala and he gives it to Lanini who passes it inside the box to Higuain once again and the Argentine poacher makes it 3-1 to the home side and gets his hat-trick!

GOAL: GONZALO HIGUAIN (Juventus 3-1 Parma)

View attachment 121527

50'
Parma bounce straight back from the goal they conceded as De Cenco finds Carpi in the box who's one on one with the keeper but he smashes it over and wastes an incredible chance to get back in the game once again.

54' Higuain with another great chance as he's through on goal from a Lanini pass but Viotti saves Parma from a 4th and gives away a corner.

63' Absolutely amazing play from Parma who have kept the ball from their goal kick and Marras finds Carpi who passes it to Bruno who smashes it first time from outside the box but it hits the post and the rebound comes back to Baraye who taps it in and Parma are back in it again! It's 3-2 now with just under half an hour to go!

GOAL: YVES BARAYE (Juventus 3-2 Parma)

View attachment 121520
68' Cannavaro takes off De Cenco and Gasbarro who haven't really been performing today and puts on Calaiò and Coly to strengthen his attack and his defence.

71'
Huge chance for Calaiò after a great move by Parma but he can't find the back of the net after an amazing save by Neto! He's kept Juventus in the lead for now!

87' Huge save from Viotti who keeps Parma in the game with just 3 minutes left now! This is a lot more intense than we thought it would be!

92' Mandzukic gets the ball in the box from Higuan and puts the game to bed with a goal, it's now 4-2 and Parma fought to try and get a good result but in the end Juventus were just too strong.

GOAL: MARIO MANDZUKIC (Juventus 4-2 Parma)

View attachment 121518
FULL TIME: JUVENTUS 4-2 PARMA

View attachment 121517
View attachment 121516
The result might have been tough to take for Parma considering how well they played and how much better they did compared to how we thought they'd do against such a strong side but in the end it made sense and the Italian champions advance, leaving behind their rivals in the Serie B. What a match this was overall and what a performance from both teams. Higuain was outstanding for sure but you really have to applaud the effort that Parma made to give Juventus problems and make sure that it wasn't so easy for them which in the end it wasn't because the scoreline only shows 4-2 when it could've been a lot more as Juventus had 31 shots. Definitely a match that will give Cannavaro some confidence for the rest of the month because Parma did do very well out there. In other news, Scavone had to come off injured in this match after just 4 minutes and it's now been revealed how long he will be out for:

View attachment 121515
Cannavaro announced that his key midfielder would be out for 3 months but that it was much better news than anticipated as the club agreed to pay a fee in order to send Scavone to a specialist, otherwise he might have been injured for up to 7 months with his broken ankle. Nevertheless, Parma now need to look ahead to their Sampdoria, Cittadella and Spezia fixtures before they can go on a well earned winter break until the end of January 2018. Thank you all for tuning in for this amazing Juventus-Parma match, we hope to be doing more of these live commentaries in the future!

Good form in the league now mate, its coming together! Also a great match report vs Juve, good use of the gifs.

Good form in the league now mate, its coming together! Also a great match report vs Juve, good use of the gifs.
Cheers mate, to be honest I wasn't expecting to do so well against them! League is going well yes, hopefully we can keep that form up and maybe finish in the top 3 or 4 to have a chance of getting promoted! :)

View attachment 121463

Parma unbeaten streak ends but sit in top half of the table after 21 games

View attachment 121462
View attachment 121461

After an incredible performance against Juventus, most people thought that Parma would be on fire and light up the Serie B with similar individual performances but unfortunately for them, it just didn't come against Sampdoria. The current league runners-up beat them 2-1 at their own ground in what was a pretty easy game for them and in the process also ended Parma's 7-game unbeaten streak in the league, which is a shame for them. Matches against Cittadella and Spezia ended with better outcomes but they'll still regret not being able to get a better result against Sampdoria. Now 21 games into the season, basically halfway through the Serie B season, Parma find themselves in the top 10, a position nowhere near where the media think they'll finish at the end of the season. Their odds haven't changed and they still expect Parma to finish in 20th place and get relegated right back to the Lega Pro but it seems as if Cannavaro and his players have other ideas.

View attachment 121460
Currently in 8th place with the league's best attack and a decent defence, Parma are definitely looking to show everyone what they're capable of and even though we saw that during their match against Juventus in the TIM Cup, they're now completely free of any other competitions and can fully focus on the league where they've done very well so far for a team supposed to finish in 20th. The winter break comes at a crucial time for Parma who lost two of their most important players to injury in the past two weeks and the healthy players will get a much needed and well deserved one-month break until the 20th of January 2018. Can they keep this form up when they come back earlier next year? Or will they flop massively and fall right down the table to the relegation zone? Let us know.

View attachment 121459
In terms of individual performances and stats, Cannavaro will most certainly be very proud of his signing of De Cenco, who after 25 games with the club has now scored 22 times with 18 of these goals in the league, making him the league's top goalscorer halfway through the season. On top of that, he's also the club's top performer and the player with the most player of the match awards since the start of the season. Talk about that for a club record signing.

View attachment 121458
With every positive comes a negative and unfortunately for Parma, another one of their key midfielders has now gone to the sidelines injured for at least 2 months. Scavone was the first of the two to get injured during Parma's clash with Juventus but Marchi now joins him with a knee ligaments injury which will keep him out for up to 3 months. This not only means that none of them will be back for the big games against Empoli in late January and Alessandria in mid-February but it also means that Cannavaro will have to find some great alternatives for them, otherwise they could see their recent good form become worse and worse and could tumble down the table right to where the media think they'll finish.

View attachment 1085372

Parma getting closer and closer to Serie A return

View attachment 121213Baraye celebrates his equaliser against Empoli just 2 minutes after the hosts scored their goal

For those of you reading the title of this article and thinking: "wait a minute, Parma got relegated?", yes, they were. It was one of the big stories at the end of the 2014/2015 season and almost all season the club hadn't been able to pay their players' wages and by the time the season ended, it was too late and the club effectively went bankrupt. Now, Parma is back under the name Parma Calcio 1913 and they've been on a great ascending journey since club legend Fabio Cannavaro took over back in July 2016. After 23 games in Serie B, I Crociati sit in a very respectable 7th place, 14 spots above their 21st predicted finish by the media.

View attachment 121193
With still the best attacking record in the league and a defensive record similar to the one they had back in December, it seems like nothing is stopping Parma from going back to the Serie A. The real questions that we have to ask ourselves are: will they keep this form up and manage to get promoted at the end of this season? and if they do, will they have the quality to stay in the Italian top flight and manage a good season for their return there? Those are questions that we can't really answer right now but that are very exciting for football fans around the world as the Parma Calcio story has become more and more known around the world since their promotion from Lega Pro. Below will now be their two results in January after a 3-week break and 2 friendlies:

View attachment 121192
Facing the league leaders is never easy but after a game that Parma fans will remember for a while against Juventus, I'm sure they thought they were capable of getting a win against Empoli and they could have but in the end it wasn't meant to be. It was a very close game and Empoli thought they'd won it with their goal in the 82nd minute but Baraye saved the day for Parma as they continued their impressive run of form. Now onto their last game of the month against Pro Vercelli, who haven't had a great season so far.

View attachment 121191
What a performance from Parma and De Cenco! For all the Parma fans who doubted De Cenco's ability in front of goal, they definitely won't know after the striker has scored 4 GOALS and now leads the goalscoring chart in the league by 7 goals after just 23 games. What an incredible record he's got so far with his new side and what a win this was for Parma who went a goal down so early on. For Pro Vercelli, I guess that's what you'd call karma, or not focusing enough on your defending!

View attachment 121190
Finally, Parma had to get at least one player who could fill in for the injured Scavone and Marchi. Palazzi comes in on loan from Inter as one of the most promising youngsters from Inter's youth team and he won't cost Parma a thing so it's definitely a great deal for Cannavaro who manages to get a great player, completely free. They'll definitely need a player like Palazzi in the coming months as well as every month until at least May will now be very full and tough and it'll be a challenge to keep every single player completely fit. February looks like a month where Parma could pick up a couple of points though and hopefully for them they'll keep their great run of form up.

View attachment 121189

Great update buddy. Loving the story so far. Palazzi will hopefully do a job for you.

Cheers on the story so far, man, Italy is tough I tried Inter on fm16 yesterday and was shocked to see a 831k budget.Still managed 2nd place and Coppa Italia Semi too.Is that a good achievement for a 1st season?I disabled the first window, loaned Mammana and bought zivkovic in January.

Cheers on the story so far, man, Italy is tough I tried Inter on fm16 yesterday and was shocked to see a 831k budget.Still managed 2nd place and Coppa Italia Semi too.Is that a good achievement for a 1st season?I disabled the first window, loaned Mammana and bought zivkovic in January.
I also had a save in FM16 that I posted here and my first club was Inter; also finished 2nd and won the Europa League too so I'd say you did pretty well too! :) anyways thanks mate, glad you're enjoying the story!

I also had a save in FM16 that I posted here and my first club was Inter; also finished 2nd and won the Europa League too so I'd say you did pretty well too! :) anyways thanks mate, glad you're enjoying the story!
Funny thing is, board thought that the season was a disappointment and are considering sacking me if I have a lacklustre season 2..Any Ideas on Which team should I take over Next?(any team except AC Milan)

Funny thing is, board thought that the season was a disappointment and are considering sacking me if I have a lacklustre season 2..Any Ideas on Which team should I take over Next?(any team except AC Milan)
In my Totti story, I took over Roma right after and they were really fun; great youth setup, a lot of money and have been very consistent in the league. Managed to win 2 Champions Leagues in 4 years I think? Check out my "The King of Rome" story if you're interested in Italian football ;)

View attachment 120652
Parma impress in Serie B and edge closer to Serie A return

View attachment 120650
View attachment 120649

Since the end of November, Cannavaro and his players have been feeling more and more confident. Having started off the season pretty badly, they finally found some form and are now starting to really push for a spot in the top half of the table. One of their most impressive victories this month against Frosinone was pure proof of that as they absolutely crushed the former Serie A side whilst De Cenco kept his ridiculous goalscoring record going. In fact, he's now broken the Parma club record for most league goals in a season with 25 and has also broken the Serie B goalscoring record with that amount of goals. Impressive.

View attachment 120638
Once again we see that Parma have the best attack in the league but just don't seem to be there defensively yet. With 14 games to go in the league, Parma are definitely looking great in 6th place though just behind fellow newly-promoted side Alessandria. Their schedule for the upcoming games certainly looks tough with games against Pescara and Brescia as well as Cosenzia and Ascoli, two teams that beat Parma last time they faced each other in the league.

Back