The Peter Crouch to my Harry Redknapp - The Story of Semaj Namdear

Washington 0 – 1 Marske United

Marske didn’t pile on the entertainment in this fixture but got the job done thanks to a spectacular effort from top scorer Jonny Rowell. The midfielder’s goal was his 16th of the season.

Marske’s lead at the top is now 17 points with 3 games remaining.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AnwRhQv2WM"]YouTube- Washington 0 - 1 Marske Utd - 10.04.10[/ame]

# # # # #

Seaham 2 – 1 Marske United

The sending off for Josh Gray after just 8 minutes destroyed Marske Uniteds recent run despite taking the lead on the stroke of half time thanks to David Meyler.

Seaham however took only 10 minutes of the second half to get back into the game through winger Rowe.

Marske looked comfortable and the game seemed to be heading for a draw before Utds other centre back Rikki Bains was forced off with injury. Before Readman could replace him Seaham took the lead in stoppage time, condemning Marske to their first defeat in over 13 games at second place Seaham.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JV36AZkgJ0"]YouTube- Seaham 2 - 1 Marske Utd - 17.04.10[/ame]​

# # # # #

Marske United 1 - 0 Gillford Park

Matty Tymon was back in the starting line up in the place of Broadbent for the penultimate game of the season.

A solitary Shaun Saiko strike 4 minutes in was enough to give Marske the three points.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIt6mtwj4d8"]YouTube- Marske Utd 1 - 0 Gillford Park - 24.04.10[/ame]

# # # # #

Jarrow Roofing 1 - 2 Marske United

It was an emotional day at Jarrow today as Marske United said goodbye to 10 players who have been at the club on loan throughout the season.

The day ended early for right winger McCrudden who was stretchered off after 25minutes, but it wasn’t long after that Marske took the lead, when Jody Gray’s cross was nodded home by Darlington team mate Rikki Bains. Marske’s second came just two minutes later when Shane Ferguson sent over a delicious cross for Shaun Saiko to nod it home.

On the hour mark another star of Marskes promotion season was forced off with injury. Rikki Bains on loan from Darlington has starred in the centre of defence since his arrival as well as popping up with a few goals.

Marc Enres grabbed a consolation for Jarrow with 5minutes left, but Marske held on to sign there fantastic season off with a win.

Highlights not available

The travelling fans made a lot of noise for their loan stars who will sadly now leave the club to return to their respective clubs. However they may not be the only ones leaving...will Marske be able to hold on to their young manager Readman after an impressive first season in management.

picture.php

Both Telford United in the Blue Square North and Welling in Blue Square South have recently issued statements suggesting James Readman was on their managerial shortlists should their current situation not improve.

# # # # #

Readman wants Telford Post

James Readman has sensationally told the media that he would be interested in becoming the new manager of Blue Square North side AFC Telford.

Current manager Rob Smith’s position is under review and many believe that Readman has what it takes to step up the ladder after a successful first season at minnows Marske.

However, fans of Marske have bombarded Century radio with please for current manager Readman to stay at Mount Pleasant. Many were in shock following Readman’s declaration of interest in the job and are hoping that he will have a change of heart.

# # # # #

Semaj End of Season Review

Semaj has ended his first season in professional football having scored 13 goals in 35 games. The season started off brilliantly, with 2 goals in his first four games before hitting a hattrick on his return from injury v Bury. He kept his 1:2 goal per game ratio until the 20th game of the season when he and Port Vale hit a slump in form.

His value peaked at £40k in the season but at the end has returned to the £30k it began the season at. He finished 3rd top scorer in a Port Vale team that missed out on the playoffs after defeat on the last day of the season.

On the International front Semaj has already been named vice-captain of New Zealand and has scored 3 goals in 8 caps.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

# # # # #

Telford sack manager Smith and approach Readman

Telford have today relieved manager Rob Smith of his duties with immediate effect and approached Marske Utd manager James Readman about taking over as the manager at Telford.

It is believed Readman has asked to delay his decision until the official end of the season but many pundits are suggesting he is just delaying the inevitable.

# # # # #

Readman releases statement;

Ambitious rookie manager James Readman has released the following statement:

“Marske United is a great club; it’s my club and always will be. I have lived in the village all my life and I will remain a fan for the rest of my life. We have had a great season with the unexpected promotion. Winning the league was an achievement that went far beyond the expectations of the fans and the board. However, I knew it wasn’t beyond the players we had at the club.
With the help of our local teams, Hartlepool, Darlington, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Newcastle we were able to assemble a quality squad, a squad that amassed an amazing 87 points, 64 goals and lost only 5 games in the league. We had a disappointing cup season, but I wouldn’t swap winning the league with any kind of cup run”.

“I am an ambitious person and although I expect Marske to be up there with the best in the future, I feel I need to move up some amount of leagues to help me improve as a manager, as a person. It is for this reason that I announce that I am resigning from my position as manager of Marske Untied and taking the reins at Telford AFC. I hope the fans respect my decision and wish the whole club all the best in Division 1 next year”.

Readman will sign a three year deal worth £350p/w and the strong suggestions are that manager John Williams who is currently without a club will take over at Marske.

# # # # #

Last edited:
Well done on the new job :p and haha Semaj is already vice Captian well done to him :p

Ohh well, good move to AFC Telford I suppose, maybe you should also update how Marske are getting on every so often during your Telford reign, good luck in the coming season, Semaj is getting ever closer ;)

Ohh well, good move to AFC Telford I suppose, maybe you should also update how Marske are getting on every so often during your Telford reign, good luck in the coming season, Semaj is getting ever closer ;)

Thanks.

Yea, it's a huge step up, like 4 steps in the pyramid and only two leagues off Semaj's current level.

I will keep a running update on Marske's progress in their new league don't worry. :wub:

Full season review on it's way.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

First Season Review (2009/2010)

With the season coming to end, I have put together the following season review.

marskehome.png

1. Club Overview

Marske United are my local club. I live around 1000 metres from the stadium and can usually hear the games being played. The stadium is known on the game as Mount Pleasant – which is the street it is located on – but actually due to a new sponsorship deal, it’s called the GER Stadium.

mapp.png

Marske are in the 9th level of English football, in the Northern Division 2. 4 teams are promoted from the league each season.

The average ticket price was £4 and season tickets as mentioned before were £57. 45 People had season tickets at Mount Pleasant.

The team was full of generated players, mostly under 18 years old this is why I did not do any key player feature as there wasn’t really any.

Staff compromised of me, my assistant one coach and a scout, there was no wage budget to sign any more staff. The board expected mid-table for me, although the media prediction was 8th (in a 20 team league). I was handed a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £380p/w, the current wage bill was £420 a week so I needed to release a couple of players.

2. Transfers

With no budget on transfers or wages, it was left to loan deals. I tried to get a parent club hoping Middlesbrough or Newcastle would be given to me, however my chairman didn’t find anyone suitable apparently. I then looked myself at all the local teams reserves, I thought if anyone was likely to come then they would.

After scouring the reserves of Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Hartlepool and Darlington I picked up the following on loan at various points throughout the season;

Michael Kay
– Defender right Kay joined from Sunderland at the start of the season as my first buy. I knew that it was important to strengthen the defence and Michael Kay was a huge improvement on what I had available at right back. Decent heading, marking, tackling and bravery were key for me....that and the fact he would come.

Shaun Saiko
– Midfielder from Middlesbrough was my second loan signing. I have heard of him in real life and he is a promising talent at Boro. Played him primarily in an AMC role despite him being a DR/MC and he repaid me by scoring 6 goal s and getting 11 assists in 29 games.

Jonny Rowell
– A brilliant loan signing from Hartlepool; finished the season top scorer with goals from the midfield (15 in the league). Managed 3 assists and 8 man of the matches, someone to possibly consider at Telford.

David Meyler
– On loan from Sunderland I had Meyler down as my star signing. Employed in an MC role he scored 7, assisted 5 and ended the season with an average rating of 7.20. A good signing who again, may be one to consider at Telford.

Billy Greulich
– My only mistake at Marske was signing this guy on loan from Hartlepool. A severe lack of firepower from the start had me panicking and I signed this guy on a 3 month deal, sending him back after about a month of not scoring.

Matty Tymon
– When I relased Greulich I brought in Tymon and it turned my bad form around at the time. He brought some much needed firepower and scored 10 in 20 in the league. Has since signed for Harrogate on a free.

Shane Ferguson
– Brought in from Newcastle in January he was the missing piece of the jigsaw at the time. I had played the generated LW from the start but he wasn’t really delivering and Ferguson came in scored 3 assisted 7 and finished the season with an average rating of 7.27 after 15 games.

Rikki Bains
– Brought in at the same time as Ferguson because of a leaky defence. Had a fantastic season at centre back and finished with an average rating of 7.42, chipping in with 2 goals. He was signed from Darlington reserves.

Josh Gray
– Bains’ teammate at Darlington, Gray was another CB. Signed late on so only played in the last 10 games of the season. Finished with an average rating of 7.30 and one red card.

Daniel Broadbent
– Brought in on emergency loan when Tymon got injured he played 3 times scoring 2 goals – both of which were on his debut.

Micahel McCrudden –
AMR on loan from Newcastle for the last few games of the season. Managed one assist in the 5 games he played.

I reduced the wage bill by releasing Brannan, Angelini, Grainger and Steve Cook.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

3. Tactics

Throughout the season I employed a 4-3-3 formation with two attacking wingers , one striker and an AMC. The formation took some time to get used to but I stuck to it and by the end of the season it was keeping me on unbeaten runs over 10 games winning upto 10 in a row at any one time.

Didn’t seem to work in cup games, not sure why. Think I will continue to use this system at Telford.

4. League

Well the league went fantastically well, with one bad run near the start spoiling it a little. I managed to get 87 points scoring 64 goals and finishing with a GD of +43. I had the best defence and attack in the league and gained promotion with Seaham, Whitehavens and Newton Aycliffe.

My average attendance was the highest in the league with 219 per game, and I had two scorers in the top 7 in the league (Rowell 15 (2nd) and Tymon 10 (5th)). Shaun Saiko was top of the assist table with 11 and Michael Kay got the highest av rating in the league with 7.26. Rowell also picked up joint most MotM awards with 8.

picture.php

5. Cup

Hugely disappointing, especially losing to Nunthorpe Ath in the riding cup. Tactics didn’t seem to work well in the cup but I didn’t want to change what was a winning tactic in the league.

Cups were always on the backburner anyway as league had to take priority.

6. Top Players

Michael Kay, Jonny Rowell and Matty Tymon are the three players I would name as the top players in my team of the season. Kay stabilised the defence from the start and Rowell and Tymon’s goals were hugely important.

Honourable mention for David Meyler who also had a great season but was pipped by Rowell and Tymon due to their goals.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

7. Decision to leave

My decision to leave fits in with my story. I want to advance my own career as well as try link up with Semaj (the whole point of the story). This would have been impossible with Marske being so low down compared to Port Vale and with the BSN only being a couple of divisions away I felt it was a huge step up in both my managerial career and my chances of signing Semaj before he retires.

8. Future at Telford

Not had a chance to look at the squad yet, but I am sure I will be utilising the loan system again. I hope to achieve promotion as a minimum in my first season and would love to stay with them to get into the football league. However, we shall see...

I hope you have enjoyed the first season and I have made it slightly more interesting than the average story. Thanks for following and I will be back with the 2010/2011 season soon enough.

Redders

Well done with winning the league and good luck in the step up to BSN

Good story so far. You have done well and Semaj hasn't done so bad himself.

By chance do you know what League AFC Hornchurch are in? I want to start a game with my most local club.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Redrup, Hornchurch are in the English Isthmian League Premier Division, it is available to play on the database I am running which is available on Base.

Hopefully another promotion is on the cards. I don't imagine the standard will be much greater.

If you can keep getting loanies in from Newcastle etc then it should make things easier.

GREAT story dude, love it. Keep them updates coming :)

Gtz on promotion!

Carlos

Nice move Redders, Telford are a good team compared to Marske, I mean I have heard of them!!

I think it might be sometime before he can get him. Bit of a gap between Telford and Port Vale