The Photoshop Help Thread

Just so you guys know, I have moved to the FM 2011 Skins & Other graphics Section.

I would like to know how to create a great looking signature. Soon there will be some Signature of the Week contest, and I want to show everyone what I can create. I also would be really pleased if there was some sites with Signature tutorials. :p

You select logo's outside with lasso tool or pen tool from photoshop.Then you can get easily only your desired area

Trying to make sigs for the first time. Failing. Epically.

Ask ross-galloway or toddzy for help

When you're resizing your render, how do you make sure it's the right proportions? Just by looking at it, or...?

When you're resizing your render, how do you make sure it's the right proportions? Just by looking at it, or...?

Just got by your instinct, you don't want it too big or too small, look at other peoples to get an idea.

Hello, i have been looking at all the graphics on this site, and it really is great, (my sig reminds me) just wondering if photoshop is free or do you have to pay for it? Thanks guys :)

Woo-1.png

When I try and put this render into PS. It always comes up with a black background around him ? Why is it there and how can I get rid of it ?

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:24 PM ----------

When I create a shape / layer with the pen tool, I never quite know how to change the colour of what I created ?

Any help (H)

Hello, i have been looking at all the graphics on this site, and it really is great, (my sig reminds me) just wondering if photoshop is free or do you have to pay for it? Thanks guys :)

You have to pay for it :( and it isn't cheap unless you buy Photoshop Elements instead of CS series

Outta interest is elements any good for FM graphics work? (Kits, sigs, logos?)

It's almost the same as The CS series just with less features

When I try and put this render into PS. It always comes up with a black background around him ? Why is it there and how can I get rid of it ?
It's just because it is a .png file, thus there is no background. Take a look in the layers pallette at the bottom right, does your background default to black? If you Ctrl+Shift+N, fill with any colour, and place it underneath the player layer on the layer palette it should change the background. If you see what I am getting at.

When I create a shape / layer with the pen tool, I never quite know how to change the colour of what I created ?

Any help (H)

Again, key is layer palette. Pen your layer, at it will likely autofill. On the layer palette, double click the little image icon, it should bring up a window where you can eyedrop a colour or change the RGB value.

Will give that a go tomorrow.

Thanks mate !

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:33 AM ----------

It's just because it is a .png file, thus there is no background. Take a look in the layers pallette at the bottom right, does your background default to black? If you Ctrl+Shift+N, fill with any colour, and place it underneath the player layer on the layer palette it should change the background. If you see what I am getting at.

Again, key is layer palette. Pen your layer, at it will likely autofill. On the layer palette, double click the little image icon, it should bring up a window where you can eyedrop a colour or change the RGB value.

The pen tool help worked fine. I'm still completely lost with the render thing ?

OK, go to Image > Mode and it should be RGB colored - 8bts/channel. That's the first thing to check. However, I still think it is a layer pallette thing. Sometimes, PS defaults to giving every image a background (usually with a little locked padlock on it).

At the risk of being really patronising, this is how the layer pallette should look when you open the image.

pallette.jpg

I need to be linked to some tutorials on sig making and kit making using photoshop CS5, any help appreciated