You have lost the title,indeed,but you've done an amazing work ...Im sure you"re gonna win it next year...Ajax is more rich than you,you fought till the last moment...Great update,great season...Congrats !PS:waiting for the awards :D

Thanks a lot mate. Yeah, when you look at how much they pay in wages and how much we do it is ridiculous! The awards are coming soon.

End of Season Review / 2016-2017

Eredivisie POTY and YPOTY

View attachment 275974

View attachment 275973

Branco van den Boomen picks up 3rd in both, and deservedly so after being one of the best players in the league.

Eredivisie Player Stats

View attachment 275972 View attachment 275971
View attachment 275970

Branco van den Boomen clearly one of the league's better players, Elkeson had a rating of 7.61 but he disappeared from the lit near the end of the season? Boye 3rd in goals with 17, whilst Franco Pereyra had 10 goals despite only joining in February!

Eredivisie Team Stats

View attachment 275969 View attachment 275968
View attachment 275967

Ourselves and Ajax are the only 2 teams to be near the top of both goals and conceded, however they were slightly better than us. PSV conceded far too many to be near the top of the league. Also, you can see that Ajax are almost spending 5 times what we are on wages!

Squad

View attachment 275966

Here is the final stats for the squad. Marco Capuano was key at centre back, along with Omeruo when he was fit. Medran, Chuks Aneke and Marco Asensio partnered Van den Boomen well, whilst new signing Gudino was top class in goal. Bonazzoli was injured to much to have a real impact, along with other loanee Bakkali.

Season Best Eleven

View attachment 275870

My POTY

View attachment 275965

Easy decision, in my opinion he was by far our most important player. Hopefully he will be happy to stay, some big clubs seem to be interesting including Ajax..

My YPOTY

View attachment 275964

Franco won games for us by himself, despite only being at the club for 3 full months. He has settled unbelievably well, and will be a key member of the team next year.

Champions League 16/17

View attachment 275957

View attachment 275958

Barca beat Liverpool in the final, (two teams in our group), to win the competition 3 times in a row!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My plans for the summer are to hold on to our key players, get rid of the players I dont want, and continue with building the Pozzo Machine, there are a few top quality young players I have my eye on.

Last edited:
Summer Transfer Window Update 2017

Players OUT

So we got rid of the players that were moaning, and weren't really good enough for the level I want the club to be at.

Javi Noblejas / Parma - 3.5 million euros - He was whining, and isn't that amazing anyway, so I sold him :)
Chuks Aneke / Norwich - 6.5 million euros - He was OK last year, but I thought that 6.5 million was a good deal.

Borja Granero / APOEL - 3 million euros - No words, apart from red cards
Tom Evers / Barcelona - 800k - I was desperate to hold on to young Tom, I thought highly of him, especially as he came through our own youth academy. I offered him a huge deal, with around 350k in signing fees, but he chose Barca over us, which I dont blame him for! Good luck to him.

View attachment 275553

Players IN

Time to get some more cogs in the Pozzo Machine..

Lucas Boye / River - 6 million euros - The deal we had already agreed with River goes through, really happy to have Boye at the club permanently.

Luka Jovic / Catania - 4 million euros - He made it clear to Catania that he wasn't going to renew his contract in 2018 and wasn't happy, so we managed to get a top talent in for a cheap deal! We fought off Vitesse for his signature, and he should slot straight in to our strikeforce.

Florian Thauvin / OM - 3.1 million euros - He was surplus to requirements at OM, so we bring in Florian on another cheap deal. We haven't played with wingers at all over the last few years, but I plan to this year.

Adrian Rabiot / PSG - 2.9 million euros - A young player with a lot of potential, he is on small wages as well. Hopefully he can develop into a world class talent. He will slot straight into our midfield.

Mate Loncarevic / FC Dortrecht - 1.3 million euros - FC Dortrecht signed this guy last year for free, and he looks ridiculous. The Croat was key in their promotion push last year, he should fit straight in to our new 3-5-2 system nicely.

Milos Djuricic / Kalmar FF - 1.1 million euros - The young swede looks classy already. He is our long term replacement for Borja Granero. He looks top class on the ball as well as defensively.

Juan Alejandro Ocampo / Deportivo Cali - 800k - The young Columbian looks really good, with bags of potential. He will be a member of our first team squad this season.

Christian Acosta / Guarani - 775k - A similar type of signing to the Ocampo one, but the Paraguian has gone back on loan to Guarani for this season as well as the end of last season. Hopefully he can progress well.

Fabrizio Cusi / Alianza - 600k -
This is one of my favourite signings we made this summer. Fabrizio looks class already, and will start on the right wing for us this season. Really excited about this prospect.

Aaron Meijers / ADO - 375k - I needed a back up winger, I looked to bring in Alex Grimaldo and Ould-Chikh on loan but other teams beat us to those signatures, so I brought in Aaron who has been a key part of ADO's squad. However only a few days after signing he broke his foot!

Alberto Murillo / Boyaca Chico FC - 350k - The Columbian striker looks like he could be really good! He has been loaned out to MVV for the season, where hopefully he can help last season's surprise package beat the drop again.

Jose Augusto Mesa / Boyaco Chico FC - 325k - Brought in with Alberto, he could be a top class defensive player or a box-to-box midfielder. He will be part of the 1st team.

Kang Young-Ki / Yeongam - 125k - This guy's contract is running out, but so we managed to get him for much cheaper than we should. He is a reserve this year, as we aren't playing with wing backs, I think he could be really good in the future though.

Koen Michot / Lokeren - 125k
- My scouts really like this young man, we will see how he does in the U19s.

Josef Silhavy / Viktoria Plzen - 82k - I wasn't in the market for a keeper after Guidino was quality last season, but I couldn't turn down this man. His contract was running out and we needed to pay only 82k for him to come to us sooner. He could even be our starting Keeper this year, he looks quality!

Rade Sarac / Sutjestka - Free - This young man has a lot of potential I think, he has been tearing up the Montenegrin league at the age of 16. However he has broke his foot and will miss around 4-5 months.

Zakaria Bakkali / Chelsea - Loan - We bring the youngster in on loan from Chelsea for another season.

View attachment 275551

Facilities Update

We have been improving our facilities, and on completion the board agreed to multiple further improvements.

View attachment 275552

View attachment 275550

View attachment 275549

Champions League Qualification

View attachment 275547

We have drawn Dynamo Kiev, which will be a really tough draw. Even if we will probably face a big team in the next round, so reaching the groups will be a tough ask.

Fixtures

View attachment 275546

After a really productive pre-season, we have some really really hard games to start the season. We start our league campaign at home to Ajax, would love nothing more than to smash them!​

Last edited:
Some excellent signings mate. Very impressed with you getting Rabiot.

Curious to see how you go this season now.

Some excellent signings mate. Very impressed with you getting Rabiot.

Curious to see how you go this season now.

Thanks mate, tbh I doubt I will win the league this year, squad is way too young, 1 year to nurture them and we will be ready! :)

Jeez,claass signings...
Well done mate ! Looking forward to see how they will perform...
I really hope you will win the Eredivisie...
PS,what are the board expectations for ED ?

Jeez,claass signings...
Well done mate ! Looking forward to see how they will perform...
I really hope you will win the Eredivisie...
PS,what are the board expectations for ED ?

Thanks man! I think it will be tough this year! Hope we can definitely get top 2 though, I'm in November but havent had time to update. The board want me to finish top half!

I am just starting January, sorry I havent had time to update I will get a few out over the next few days :)

View attachment 274524

August Update

So after a decent summer of signings, and some solid results in pre-season, we embarked on the task of regaining our Eredivisie crown, fighting for respect in Europe, whilst looking to bring home the Dutch Cup.

View attachment 274496

Results

2/8/17 / Dynamo Kiev v De Graafschap

View attachment 274512

We kick off our campaign with a tough draw in the qualifying round of the UCL. We lost the game 4-3, but scoring 3 away goals will put us in good shape for the second leg.

6/8/17 / De Graafschap v Ajax

View attachment 274521

What a huge game to start the season with. A game at home against Ajax who stole the title away from us at the end of last year. They have lost some big players, Elkeson, Andre Ayew and Viktor Fischer all left, however they made some decent signings. We went 1-0 up, when Juan Alejandro Ocampo scored early on. The game was very cagey from then on, but then Kenneth Omerou was sent off with 5 minutes left. Young Clint Bergsma broke free, rounded the keeper and scored right at the end. 1-1, a big blow that we couldn't hold on, but a good performance.

8/8/17 / De Graafschap v Dynamo Kiev

View attachment 274511

A great result! We win 2-1, and go through on away goals. We have been drawn against Valencia in the final qualifying round which will be really tough, but we will do our best.

13/8/17 / sc Heerenveen v De Graafschap

View attachment 274520

We went 2 goals down quickly to 2 Markus Rosenborg goals, but we fought back and scored two goal goals of our own to make it 2-2. We couldnt find a winner but a good point away from home at a good side. I think they will be near the top at the end of the year. It came at a cost though, Lucas Boye picked up an injury that will keep him out for a few months.

19/8/17 / De Graafschap v Zwolle

View attachment 274518

We finally get a win in the league. Zwolle are another decent side, but a comfortable win in the end.

22/8/17 / De Graafschap v Valencia

View attachment 274509

We were outclassed by Valencia. They recentyl spent 37 million on Leon Goretzka, showing the spending power they have compared to us. We face an almost impossible task in trying to turn the tie around in Spain.

26/8/17 / FC Twente v De Graafschap

View attachment 274517

Another 2-0 win, this time away at FC Twente. Another confident performance from us, two good performances to carry into the Valencia game.

30/8/17 / Valencia v De Graafschap

View attachment 274492

We lost the game 4-1, and were easily beaten over the two legs. We still have a long way to go if we are to be competitive, or even in this case, compete at all in the Champions League.

So we will play in the Europa League, our group is Club Brugge, Freiberg and Galatasary, 4 fairly even teams so I think it will be close.

View attachment 274497

POTM

View attachment 274493

A brilliant start to Fabrizio Cusi's De Graafschap career. He is started every game for us and been fantastic in all. We are lacking cover on the right wing, so it will be important that he can stay fit, as well as keep playing as we as he is currently.

Eredivisie

View attachment 274498

So we sit 2nd, but we are already 4 points behind the fast starting PSV. I think that the current top 5 will be the top 5 at the end of the season, except we will be on top ;)

Last edited:
Here's my daily portion of Pozzo machine! Europa League may be even better for building your reputation in European football. Good luck!

Europa League isn't so bad...
Let's hope you will reach the 8-finals...
And you have to play better in ED if you wanna win it...
Best of luck !

Here's my daily portion of Pozzo machine! Europa League may be even better for building your reputation in European football. Good luck!

Hehe, another update soon! Yeah, we will see how it goes, quite a tough group though!

View attachment 274313

September Update

After a fairly average month that saw us knocked down to the Europa League after loosing to Valencia, but 2 wins and 2 draws in the league against tough opposition in the league, September would be an important month.

Results

2/9/17 / De Graafschap v FC Utrecht

View attachment 274323

We cruise to a 4-0 win over FC Utrecht, Van den Boomen, Luke Jovic and Mate Loncarevic all brilliant.

16/9/17 / Feyenoord v De Graafschap

View attachment 274322

We lose to Feyenoord away from home, a dissapoiniting performance and result. We were poor to be honest and we deserved the loss. I am still searching for our Best XI..

21/9/17 / De Graafschap v Freiburg (Europa League Group I)

View attachment 274321

Another pretty poor loss, maybe this group will be harder than I first thought. This game may come back to haunt us.

26/9/17 / Sparta v De Graafschap (Dutch Cup Round 2)

View attachment 274320

We played mostly our back-ups/youth squad, but it was two first team players in Alvaro Medran and Branco van den Boomen that score to see us into the next round.

We draw non-league opponents in the next round.

View attachment 274312

30/9/17 / De Graafschap v FC Dordrecht

View attachment 274311

A great performance to end the month, which was more than needed. Both our wingers score 2 each, hopefully we can get a run of good results going.

POTM

View attachment 274318

Another brilliant month for our captain Branco van den Boomen. He is easily our best player at the moment, as well as being our leader. He is vital if we are going to be successful this season.

Eredivisie

View attachment 274316

We slide to 5th in the league, PSV dropped a few silly points so it is quite tight at the top. The last two games of the month were very promising, hopefully we can turn things around.

Last edited:
View attachment 274307

October Update

A slow start for the season for us, we needed a good month.

Results

5/10/17 / Galatasaray v De Graafschap (Europa League Group I)

View attachment 274302

I went into this game thinking it would be the toughest of the group. We were 2-1 down, but Pereyra equalised with 15 minutes left. Both team pushed for the winner and, we got it through Bakkali's 2nd goal of the game, a brilliant result puts us right back in contention to qualify.

8/10/17 / PSV V De Graafschap

View attachment 274301

A huge game for us. This is the fixture that ended 4-4 on the final day of last season which cost us the league. But we were brilliant, Zakaria Bakkali scored twice to come back to haunt his former club, Franco Pereyra scored two again, whislt two youngsters in Gincarlo Perez and Milos Djuricic scored one each. A brilliant result for us, we are back in business!

21/10/17 / Willem II v De Graafschap

View attachment 274300

After a two week break, we win easily over Willem II 2-0. Bakkali and Pereyra are forming a real partnership up front with Jovic and Boye out injured.

26/10/17 / De Graafschap v Club Brugge (Europa League Group I)

View attachment 274299

A brilliant performance for us, Club Brugge look like they could be the whipping boys of the group. Juan Alejandro Ocampo and Branco van den Boomen ran the show, we have turned things around in Europe.

29/10/17 / AZ v De Graafschap

View attachment 274298

Another solid performance from us, this time we beat AZ away from home 4-2. Franco Pereyra scored a hat trick and Bakkali scored again.

POTM

View attachment 274296

Franco Pereyra is easily POTM. An amazing month for the young Uruguayan, in 5 games he got 6 goals and 4 assists. He is unreal, hopefully he will be happy to stay with us rather than get distracted by interest elsewhere..

Europa League / Group I

View attachment 274297

So after loosing our first game looking like we were out of our depth, we have won two games in a row in the Europa League, and have 6 points from 3 games.

Eredivisie

View attachment 274295

After a great month we are right back in contention, 3 points behind Ajax with a game in hand. Our thrashing of PSV will be a big blow to their title ambitions, we have overtaken them already. We have got a great run of results going, lets keep this going!​

Wow - what a game the one against PSV would have been to watch!

OMG,the game agains PSV was awesome...and the match vs AZ :)
Congrats mate...if you win the game,you'll gonna be 1st :))

View attachment 274225

November Update

We won 5 out of 5 in October, including away games at PSV and Galatasaray, lets see if we can continue that form.

Results

1/11/17 / De Graafschap v EVV (Dutch Cup 3rd Round)

View attachment 274202

An easy win for our youth side. Youngsters Tom Bloemhueval and Mohamed van Osch were both on top form, we easily go through to the next round.

4/11/17 / Heracles v De Graafschap

View attachment 274201

A solid away win and our form continues, no surprise that Franco Pereyra and Zakaria Bakkali scored the goals.

9/11/17 / Club Brugge v De Graafschap (Europa League Group I)

View attachment 274200

A tough trip to Belgium, Club Brugge are yet to pick up a point in the groups yet. However we were beaten fairly comfortably which puts us in a tough position. We are 1 point behind both Freiburg and Galatasaray, so if Galatasaray beat Brugge and we lose to Freiburg in the next games we will be out of the competition with a game to spare in the group stage.

12/11/17 / De Graafschap v FC Groningen

View attachment 274199

Our second loss in a row and first in the league since September. A terrible performance especially defensively. We cannot continue to drop points against opposition of this standard if we are to regain the league.

25/11/17 / De Graafschap v GA Eagles

View attachment 274198

A great response by the team after two horrible games. A good home win to GA Eagles, Branco van den Boomen, Juan Alejandro Ocampo and Kenneth Omerou were all excellent.

30/11/17 / Freiburg v De Graafschap

View attachment 274197

Galatasaray were winning almost the whole 90 minutes, so we knew if we lost we would be out of Europe. We were 2-1 down at half time and it looked like we were going out. But Franco Pereyra playing it through to Luka Jovic, who slotted it home! The game ended 2-2, but we were still fighting for our lives in Europe. This is how our group looked after the results.

View attachment 274206

So if we beat Galatasaray in the last game we will go through, but any other result means that will be unlikely. It is down to us on the last day!

POTM

View attachment 274208

A brilliant month for our centre back Kenneth Omerou, which has just continued his form for the whole season. He has been brilliant, easily one of our best players, his long throw has turned into a real weapon. Other clubs are interested and it looks like he doesn't want to stay, so I might have to cash in on him at the end of the season.

Eredivisie

View attachment 274209
An average month for us in the league, we should never have lost at home to FC Groningen, however if we win our game in hand we go top. At the moment the top 5 are separated by only 2 points, if anyone can get a run of wins going it could be vital in the title race.