View attachment 273384

January Results Update

20/1/18 / Ajax v De Graafschap

View attachment 273373

With the title race close, this game was vital. Franco Pereyra scored 2 within 20 minutes and we were 2-0 up in the Amsterdam ArenA! Lucas Anderson pegged one back soon after, but we defended brilliantly and they didnt really have a chance, we win 2-1 in Amsterdam! What a result, Mate Loncarevic and Franco Pereyra were top class.

24/1/18 / De Graafschap v sc Heerenveen

View attachment 273374

Another huge game following the Ajax game, sc Heerenveen at home. We were 1 goal up at half time through a Luke Jovic goal. Michy Batshuayi quickly equalised after half time though, and we were all over them. We were the better team by far, and we made it count as it went in in the 83rd minute! Surely the winner? No, Markus Rosenberg scored in the dieing minutes, a harsh way to draw the game.

27/1/18 / Zwolle v De Graafschap

View attachment 273372

We went 1-0 up again through Luka Jovic, but we conceded late in the 2nd half again, two games in a row where we have dropped points late in the 2nd half.

31/1/18 / sc Heerenveen v De Graafschap (Dutch Cup Quarter Final)

View attachment 273370

The 2nd time in 3 games that we play sc Heerenveen, this time playing away and in the cup. A great game, where Lucas Boye comes on to win the game for us, and we are in the Semi Finals! We will play Jupiler League leaders ADO Den Hag in the Semis.

POTM

View attachment 273364

A great month for our young centre back, he is progressing really well! I think he can become world-class.

Eredivisie

View attachment 273365

Despite 2 draws we are still top of the league, 3 points above Ajax and 4 above sc Heerenveen.​

Nice ones! Top of the table and spinning profits - well done!!

Haha,Jovic and Pereyra strikes again :D
Good results against Die Godenzonen...
You're gonna win Eredivisie !

Your progress on this is just amazing, I'm not normally a fan of stories in foreign clubs with small teams but this is amazing mate

Just caught up with this - WOW.

Great to see you to continue to do so well.

Nice ones! Top of the table and spinning profits - well done!!

Cheers man :)

Haha,Jovic and Pereyra strikes again :D
Good results against Die Godenzonen...
You're gonna win Eredivisie !

Haha, I hope so! Pereyra is just lethal.

Your progress on this is just amazing, I'm not normally a fan of stories in foreign clubs with small teams but this is amazing mate

Thanks a lot mate! Yeah I know, I usually prefer to stay in the bigger leagues abroad too, but I am enjoying this so much!

Just caught up with this - WOW.

Great to see you to continue to do so well.

Thanks so much man!

View attachment 273222

February Update

After two draws in January, we knew that we needed some good results in February.

Results

4/2/18 / De Graafschap v FC Twente

View attachment 273221

A great start to the month of February! We destroy FC Twente at home, Franco Pereyra scored 4! Daniel Ros also scored his first goal for the club.

10/2/18 / FC Utrecht v De Graafschap

View attachment 273220

Another good win, this time away at FC Utrecht, through another Pereyra goal and a Lucas Boye goal.

14/2/18 / De Graafschap v Feyenoord

View attachment 273219

The second 2-0 win in a row, Boye settled the match after they scored an own goal, we have got a good run going before a big game in a few days.

17/2/18 / De Graafschap v PSV

View attachment 273218

What a great result! We completely outclass PSV at home, Pereyra scored twice and Boye added another goal, he is on great goalscoring form at the moment. PSV really have their work cut out, they have been very poor for 2 seasons in a row now.

22/2/18 / Tottenham v De Graafschap (Europa League 1st Knockout Round)

View attachment 273216

We played the first knockout game of the clubs history in Europe at White Hart Lane, against a decent Spurs side. They have signed some good players like Morgan Sanson and Lorenzo Insigne. They made it 2-0 but we fought back and made it 2-2, they went on to win the match 3-2. If you had offered a 2-3 loss to me at the beginning of the game I would've bit your hand off! I think we can turn the tie around back in Holland.

25/2/18 / MVV v De Graafschap

View attachment 273212

We looked tired after a few mid-week games in a row and a busy month. We struggled past MVV, but we came away with 3 points.

POTM

View attachment 273209

Our captain has led us to some brilliant results this month. He has been pivotal to our club's success, he is irreplaceable.

Eredivisie

View attachment 273208

After a brilliant month we are in full control of the Eredivisie. We are now 9 points ahead of sc Heerenveen and 10 ahead of Ajax! The title is in our hands, with another good month in March we can put ourselves in a position where we can't be caught! MVV finally win a match. In March we will play Spurs again, and look to secure our spot at the top of the table!​

OMG ! Pereyra is just insane !
I told you that you're gonna win it ! I never stoped believing :)
Let's hope that you somehow,beat the Spurs...

View attachment 273150

March Review

With the title all but in our hands, we needed a good month to take the pressure off the end of the season.

Results

1/3/18 / De Graafschap v Tottenham (Europa League First Knockout Round 2nd leg)

View attachment 273134

We went into this match as underdogs, although we had 2 away goals and only a 1 goal deficit to overturn, we knew that a 1-0/2-1 win would put us through. We started quickly, and Franco Pereyra scored early on! It was early on but we knew if things stayed how they were we were going through. We continued to press though, and soon after we were 2-0 up through an own goal, and then 3 up through Lucas Boye! Half time and we were 5-3 up on aggregate! I kept things exactly the same in the 2nd half, and the score stayed the same. We beat Spurs 5-3 on aggregate in a famous victory!

View attachment 273141

4/3/18 / FC Dordrecht v De Graafschap

View attachment 273125

We clearly showed signs of tiredness against FC Dordrecht. They were 2-0 up after only 15 minutes, and it stayed that way for a long time. However, we managed to score 2 late goals and tie the game, which ended 2-2. A decent result as we looked out of the game.

10/3/18 / De Graafschap v AZ

View attachment 273126

Back to business in the league, a Franco Pereyra hat-trick and 3 points! Youngster Young Japanese, Junki Hirata scored on his debut as well.

13/3/18 / Hoffenheim v De Graafschap (Europa League Round of 16)

View attachment 273130

Unlike the 1st leg against Tottenham we were outplayed and deserved to lose. The only thing I am dissapointed with is the fact we conceded in the last minute, making our task much harder in the 2nd leg.

18/3/18 / De Graafschap v Heracles

View attachment 273131

The Europa League is clearly taking a toll in our performances in the league. We managed to get away with 3 points, Uruguayian Daniel Ros scored the winner after coming back from an inury lay-off.

22/3/18 / De Graafschap v Hoffenheim (Europa League Round of 16)

View attachment 273132

We didn't put in the type of performance that saw us beat Spurs, Hoffenheim were the better team over two legs and deserved to go through. I am not too upset, as it means we can concentrate on winning the league and the Dutch Cup. The squad was clearly very tired from the task of playing in the Europa League on Thursday nights.

27/3/18 / De Graafschap v ADO Den Haag (Dutch Cup Semi Final)

View attachment 273127

Two Fabrizio Cusi goals see's us beat ADO Den Haag and book our place in the Dutch Cup final against Ajax!

View attachment 273142

30/3/18 / FC Groningen v De Graafschap

View attachment 273129

The squad seemed to be relieved that their Europa League adventure was over, Daniel Ros led us to a 3-0 victory over FC Groningen.

POTM

View attachment 273144

Daniel Ros has had a good month for us, scoring 3 goals and 2 assists. I was really excited when he signed, he looks like a top class player, but he seems to be very injury prone. Since he has joined he has picked up 2 or 3 knocks which have kept him out. He managed to stay fit for all of March and played very well.

Youth Intake

View attachment 273147 View attachment 273146

Our investments in youth seems to be paying off, we pick up two decent looking youngster in Michael Goosens and Joey Manders

Eredivisie

View attachment 273145

We are 8 points ahead of Ajax, with a game in hand! Ajax only have 4 games left, they would have to win all 4 and hope that we loose all our games to have a chance to win the title. Surely in April we will inevitably become the Eredivisie Champions!

Auch ! Poor result against Hoffenheim,but you won the Spurs match :)
But,you won ED and it follows the Dutch cup :D
D.Ros is really good !
Great update however !

View attachment 272927

April Update

We headed into April with the title all but secured, and the Dutch Cup Final to look forward to after being knocked out of Europe after a good run by Hoffenheim.

Results

4/4/18 / De Graafschap v Willem II

View attachment 272919

We easily beat Willem II, to make our game in hand count. Daniel Ros and van den Boomen were both on top form. This win meant that Ajax had to win against Feyenoord in 2 days time, otherwise we would be crowned Champions.

The Ajax game kicked off at 8:45, so I watched it at home. Ajax had the better chances, but the game finished 0-0, meaning we were the Eredivisie Champions for the 2nd time in 3 years!

View attachment 272920

7/4/18 / GA Eagles v De Graafschap

View attachment 272918

The lads were still a hyped after the confirmation that we had won the league, unsurprisingly! We didn't play our best especially defensively. None the less we managed to get the 3 points.

14/4/18 / De Graafschap v NAC Breda

View attachment 272917

This was the first game at De Vijberg after winning the league, and we put on an offensive show for the fans. Daniel Ros, Fabrizio Cusi and Franco Pereyra ran the show.

22/4/18 / Vitesse v De Graafschap

View attachment 272916

Vitesse haven't been good this season, but we made them look like the worst team in the league. We took them apart on their own turf. We are really playing well, know that we have the pressure off our backs. A great way to build up to the big game against Ajax.

29/4/18 / De Graafschap v Ajax (Dutch Cup Final)

View attachment 272915

We came out of the blocks fast, and Fabrizio Cusi scored a great goal. That was soon wiped out by a Lucas Anderson goal. We were easily the better team from there, and forced an error when they scored an own goal mid-way through the 2nd half, putting is in the driving seat. They tried to come back at us, but we defended well and they never really had a chance to score. Adrien Rabiot sealed the deal with a header from a free-kick in the 89th minute, and we had won the Dutch Cup! We do the Dutch double!

6/5/18 / De Graafschap v Excelsior

View attachment 272913

We round the season off with a home game, and our last at De Vijberg before we move to our new stadium, De Graafschap Stadium.. We put on a show again, Juan Alejandro Ocampo and Fabrizio Cusi were brilliant once again, we end a brilliant season on a high!

POTM

View attachment 272911

Fabrizio Cusi has been unbelievable to finish the season. His debut season has been unreal, he has been one of the first names on the team sheet in almost every game. He also broke the record for assists in the Eredivisie quite comfortably.

Eredivisie

View attachment 272912

We easily win the league in the end, beating Ajax by 15 points. Feyenoord finished strongly, PSV were poor again though. To be honest I hope they can strengthen, making Dutch football one of the best in Europe again.

What a season it has been. We have done well in Europe despite not making it into the Champions League Groups. Beating Tottenham comfortably over 2 legs was the highlight. Our league form was unreal, we ended up with 15 more points than we did last season, 86 points. A 6-2 win in Eindhoven against PSV, a 4-0 thrashing of Vitesse and a 6-1 thrashing of FC Twente were real highlights.

The World Cup will also take place in the 2018 Summer, it would be really pleasing to see some of our players make the squads and play at the highest level.

There will no doubt be interest in our top players, Franco Pereyra's contract is set to run out in 2019, and at the moment he is unsure whether he will re-sign. I am praying I can persuade him to change his mind, I think we have something really special happening here at De Graafschap!

We aim to do the same next year in Holland, as well as compete in the Champions League. If we can progress to the knockout rounds of the Champions League it would be a fantastic achievement!

****** fantastic.

Praying you can keep hold of Pereyra he is a beast...

****** fantastic.

Praying you can keep hold of Pereyra he is a beast...

Cheers mate, it was a top season for us! Hopefully our progress can continue next season!

Pereyra is so so good, he is attracting interest from Ajax, PSV and a few other clubs from other European leagues. We will see what happens! Would be even more annoying if he won't sign because it would mean he moves for way below his value, Ajax offered up to 16 million in January, but there's no way I'm letting him go like that to our rivals!

What an incredible season ! You were almost perfect ! And Pereira is doing really great !
Will you make an awards update ?

Congrats on yet another title. The way you've been kicking *** with De Graafschap gives me hope for my Rossoblu. I feel we're one regen superstar striker away from being an Italian powerhouse.

I've always had a soft spot for the Eriedivisie. Back in the early 90s, the only footie regularly available was the Mexican league and every Sunday morning ESPN2 would show a Dutch match. Got to watch the all-conquering 1995 Ajax team play nearly every match that season.

I hope you do well in the Champion's League next season.

Congrats on yet another title. The way you've been kicking *** with De Graafschap gives me hope for my Rossoblu. I feel we're one regen superstar striker away from being an Italian powerhouse.

I've always had a soft spot for the Eriedivisie. Back in the early 90s, the only footie regularly available was the Mexican league and every Sunday morning ESPN2 would show a Dutch match. Got to watch the all-conquering 1995 Ajax team play nearly every match that season.

I hope you do well in the Champion's League next season.

Thanks a lot mate! I have been trying to catch up with your story but I am no where near up to date yet, so don't give anything away!

Yeah, hoping we can create something like that Ajax team did! That would be awesome. The Champions League was really tough last time, Barca, Liverpool and OM was hard draw, Barca and Liverpool went on to play each other in the final! It has been 2 years since then though, and with some good additions in Summer I think we can start to become a real force in Europe.

Thanks a lot for your comment mate, nice to know one of the best story writers I know is paying attention to this. :)

End of Season Review / 2017-2018

View attachment 272633

A brilliant season at De Graafschap, we won the Eredivisie and Dutch Cup, and had a great European campaign getting to the Round of 15 in the Europa League.

Eredivisie Awards

POTY

View attachment 272632

YPOTY

View attachment 272631

MOTY

View attachment 272617

GOTY

View attachment 272616

Dont know how one of our players didn't get in the Eredivisie POTY, Branco van den Boomen was easily the best player in the league in my opinion. We dominate YPOTY though. I think Josef Silhavy should've been Goalkeeper of the year. I walked Manager of the year as well.

Eredivisie Player Stats

View attachment 272615

View attachment 272614

View attachment 272613

These stats show just how good we have been this year. Franco Pereyra scored 28 to easily win the Top Scorer, Fabrizo Cusi got the most assists and the Average Rating chart shows just how dominant we have been. Cusi, Loncarevic and Ocampo all came in in the Summer and have been in the top 10 players in the league.

Eredivisie Team Stats

View attachment 272612

View attachment 272611

View attachment 272610
Just look at how many goals we have scored! 105 goals in 34 games in unreal, an average of over 3 goals per game! We are still on a much smaller budget than Ajax and PSV too.

Squad

View attachment 272609

So happy with how the squad have performed, Cusi, Pereyra and Van den Boomen have been the real stars. Mate Loncarevic is progressing really well and looks like he could one day by a world class centre back, Ocampo and Daniel Ros have also been brilliant when they have played.

Season Best XI

View attachment 272606

I think this XI has been our best team this year, although Bakkali was unlucky not to get in, and Ros would've got in had he joined earlier.

My POTY

View attachment 272602

No doubt that our captain, Branco van den Boomen is my POTY yet again. He has been on unbeliavable form, scoring 11 goals, 10 were from the spot, 7 assists, and an average rating of 7.79 overall. What a signing he was for only 190k! There have been rumours that Swansea, Borussia Monchengaldbach and Hertha Berlin are interested in him, but he isn't going anywhere.

My YPOTY

View attachment 272604

It was a close call but between Cusi and Pereyra, but Franco Pereyra has been so so good! He has scored 32 and assisted in 22 in all competitions, I am begging him to stay! He has earnt a call up to the Uruguayan World Cup squad along with Daniel Ros.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the Summer I plan to bring in some top youth talents, the Pozzo Machine will hopefully be in full effect in a year or two but we need to bring in some talent in the next few windows. Some players are no longer good enough and I will look to get rid of them, I want to compete in the Champions League this season, unlike we did 2 years ago. Persuading Franco Pereyra to sign another contract will also be vital, it is likely that he would've signed who he will be sold by the end of Summer.