Your defence seems to have fallen apart. 10 matches in these two months and 27 goals conceded! You should focus all your strengths on Europa League right now. Good luck!

I know I dont know what has happened! :( Havent changed anything!

Tough luck there, but it will be interesting to see how you will bounce back from this!

Yeah I know, it hasn't been good..

You did it ! You knocked out Benfica mate ! Thats a good achievment !
Good luck in Eredivisie !
Pereyra is still doing great !

View attachment 269403

March Review

Our season had pretty much already faded away, we were fighting for pride.

Results

3/3/19 / AZ / H

View attachment 269399

Filip Djuricic picked up an injury that would keep him out for a few weeks in the opening moments, but Alisson came on for him and won us the game, a good result at home.

6/3/19 / PSV / H

View attachment 269398

Really this was a must-win game, but we could only just about manage a draw at home to PSV, who look favourites for the title at the moment.

9/3/19 / GA Eagles / A

View attachment 269397

A good win away from home, maybe we are building a run?

14/3/19 / Anderlecht / A - Europa League 2nd KO Round

View attachment 269396

An important game, and we were really unlucky to lose it. I felt we were the better team, but Anderlecht scored a lucky goal through a Fernando Tapia own goal, they will be favourites coming back to Holland. That was not the only problem though, Franco Pereyra had to come off with any injury that would keep him out for pretty much the remainder of the season, a huge disappointment.

View attachment 269402

17/3/19 / Willem II / H

View attachment 269393

A good win and a great performance from us, this was the best we have been in a long time. Luka Jovic came in for the injured Pereyra, and he was great. Claudio Soto caused the Willem II defense problems all game as well.

21/3/19 / Anderlecht / H - Europa League 2nd KO Round

View attachment 269394

We were easily the better team, and it looked like we would at least send Anderlecht to extra time. When they scored late on though through their only shot on target, we knew we were out. Big disappointment.

24/3/19 / sc Heerenveen / A

View attachment 269395

A tough but important game for us, which again we draw. We were lucky to as well, youngster Luis Soto received a pass from Claudio Soto and tucked it home right at the end.

POTM

View attachment 269401

Florian Thauvin is POTM after some really good performances, however he wants to leave due to our poor season. He has a release clause of 11 Million, but I really dont want to see him go, he is vital to us.

Eredivisie

View attachment 269400

We are way off leaders PSV who look like they will win their first title in years. I am aiming to finish 3rd, otherwise we will be in a play off to fight for a Europa League spot next season. The thought of no European football next year was almost unthinkable at the beginning of the season, especially when we were unbeaten in the league and had just beaten Liverpool in the Champions League...

Chelsea Offer

View attachment 269391

Just as the month was ending, this interesting proposition came up.. Let me know what you think I should do? Things have gone terribly at De Graafschap this year, Chelsea would be able to offer much greater resources etc, but can I leave De Graafschap? Help me guys.​

Definitely stay put, Chelsea would be too easy and the ups and downs make it interesting!

Naaah man, stay at Graafschap. Chelsea would be less entartaining and boring :)

Better results ! Lets hope you'll move to 4...
I think you're very flattered about Chelsea's interest...it means you've done a great job,here at De Graafscaap .
Keep it up !

It's been a tough old season but part of the appeal of this story is the team and what you are trying to achieve with them.

I hope you don't take the Chelsea job as I want to see you achieve better things with De Graafschap.

Definitely stay put, Chelsea would be too easy and the ups and downs make it interesting!

Naaah man, stay at Graafschap. Chelsea would be less entartaining and boring :)

Better results ! Lets hope you'll move to 4...
I think you're very flattered about Chelsea's interest...it means you've done a great job,here at De Graafscaap .
Keep it up !

It's been a tough old season but part of the appeal of this story is the team and what you are trying to achieve with them.

I hope you don't take the Chelsea job as I want to see you achieve better things with De Graafschap.

Dont worry guys! Not going anywhere. :D

How are the club's finances looking? Fantastic updates as always, keep it up!

They are lookning pretty good I must say, although it said they were 'unstable' for ages because the owner wanted to sell and we bought a new stadium haha. I will show you them after the Summer! Thanks a lot mate. :)

Finally caught up! First 2 Eredivisie seasons were so exciting!

Yeah I know, the first was unreal, Man City esc!

View attachment 268731

April Update

Youth Intake

View attachment 268665 View attachment 268664

Two very promising youngsters in our youth intake, I think Jaimy Sneijders is the best player to come through our youth system yet!

Injury - Branco van den Boomen

View attachment 268686

We started off the month with an injury blow, Branco van den Boomen would miss the rest of the season through injury.

Results

6/4/19 / Zwolle / A

View attachment 268674

A poor performance and a loss, Claudio Soto cant stop scoring though.

13/4/19 / Feyenoord / A

View attachment 268671

A good result against a decent side.

21/4/19 / FC Dordrecht / H

View attachment 268670

A solid performance, our two front men were on top form.

5/5/19 / FC Twente / H

View attachment 268669

We were tied on points with FC Utrecht going into this game but we were ahead on goal difference, however then won and we could only draw at home to FC Twente, so we finish the league in 5th.

This means that we have to go through the play-offs in order to play in the Europa League next year, we will play Vitesse in the first round.

View attachment 268666

Just as the play-offs are around the corner, Milos Djuricic picks up a broken toe in training, keeping him out until pre-season, this means both our starting CMs are injured.

View attachment 268659

POTM

View attachment 268660

A great period for our new Chilean striker, he cant stop scoring at the moment!

Eredivisie

View attachment 268661

We finish in 5th with 61 points, compared to 86 points last season a huge disappointment. We will come back stronger next season though. Before then we have the Europe League play-off though.

View attachment 268655

May Update

After a poor season, we all wanted nothing more but to go on our holidays, but first we had to play in the Europa League Play-off.

Results

9/5/19 / Vitesse / H

View attachment 268651

We were playing really well, dominating the tie, until Adrien Rabiot decided to go and get himself sent off, which left us exposed and they came from 1-0 down to win 2-1. It will be tough in the 2nd leg now.

12/5/19 / Vitesse / A

View attachment 268646

A top performance from the lads, we were 3-1 down on aggregate but fought back to win the tie on away goals, a brilliant performance. If only we could have played like this all season long! A tie was set up with AZ in the final.

16/5/19 / AZ / A

View attachment 268636

A brilliant performance from us puts us in a great position, I cant see them coming back into the tie after this.

20/5/19 / AZ / H

View attachment 268635

We were completely embarrassing AZ until Tapia got sent off, which allowed them to score 2 goals, all in all a brilliant performance as we win the tie 7-2 on aggregate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These results mean we qualify for the Europa League next season, and should be playing in the group stages. Not ideal, but we will have to make do for at least next season.

There was a strange sense of optimism amongst the squad as we departed for our Summer break. We knew that we hadnt had a good year, but if we played like we had done in the play-offs consistently I am sure we will be right back at the top of the league next season.

There is much work to do over Summer, will any big moves be made?

Really enjoying this story mate, despite the poor season (by your own standards!). Think this season makes the actual story more interesting and exciting and we all want to see how you turn it around. You have a very young squad, with loads of potential, so I’m sure you’ll bounce back next season! I think you’ll do well in the Europa League. :)

P.S. Love the skin!

Glad you managed to get European football again buddy.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

Lets hope you can keep your main players.

Glad you managed to get European football again buddy.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

Lets hope you can keep your main players.

May have time to update the Summer transfers today too. :)

Really enjoying this story mate, despite the poor season (by your own standards!). Think this season makes the actual story more interesting and exciting and we all want to see how you turn it around. You have a very young squad, with loads of potential, so I’m sure you’ll bounce back next season! I think you’ll do well in the Europa League. :)

P.S. Love the skin!

Thanks a lot mate! Yeah I think that too, we cant expect to be winning everything yet! our youth squad is pretty stacked with talent right now haha! I can send you the skin if you want?

Nice intake, tough season though - would have been a real nightmare had you failed to get Europe at all.

Look out for a Fagrie Lakay or Broderick Burds, two very decent South Africans who are pretty young!

Love this mate! Every time I come on here it is the first thread I go onto to see how you've done! Unlucky with this season but that youngster in the latest youth intake looks fairly decent!